Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Irubi
Can anyone help me out here as to how to find this fare in that time period. I want to do the BRU-HNL run, but via JFK to get some more points. Can't seem to find it on ITA or price cheaply on BA.com and aa.com isn't even pricing it.

Thanks lots,
Not sure why you can't price that but be careful about going through JFK because it means J on a 3 class 762 to LAX so fewer TP's than in F from, say, MIA. Routing through MIA definitely priced yesterday because I have an aa.com itinerary on hold.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Not sure why you can't price that but be careful about going through JFK because it means J on a 3 class 762 to LAX so fewer TP's than in F from, say, MIA. Routing through MIA definitely priced yesterday because I have an aa.com itinerary on hold.
you can go via JFK if you go JFK-LAS-LAX for the higher TPs.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by irmster
you can go via JFK if you go JFK-LAS-LAX for the higher TPs.
Thanks for that!

I'm pretty new to this TP stuff so wasn't aware of that option.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Irubi
Can anyone help me out here as to how to find this fare in that time period. I want to do the BRU-HNL run, but via JFK to get some more points. Can't seem to find it on ITA or price cheaply on BA.com and aa.com isn't even pricing it.

Thanks lots,
I think the current fare rules exclude BA1-4 so if you're putting in LCY-JFK that will be more pricey.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by stifle
I think the current fare rules exclude BA1-4 so if you're putting in LCY-JFK that will be more pricey.
nope, they don't, at least not if you book through aa.com
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by stifle
There's a limit on stops which may be the issue - amn't an expert on what constitutes a stop though, so may be some other quirk of fare rles
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
There's a limit on stops which may be the issue - amn't an expert on what constitutes a stop though, so may be some other quirk of fare rles
It's the number of transfers. 2 allowed in the US each way, meaning the initial gateway and one further transfer. On the HNL run you should do BRU LHR MIA LAX HNL for maximum TP. BRU LHR JFK LAX HNL works and is more convenient time-wise but it gives you 140TP JFK-LAX instead of 210TP MIA-LAX.

Transfer restrictions
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
2 FREE IN EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
1 FREE BETWEEN AA/BA/IB AND AS IN LAX/PDX/SEA IN
EACH DIRECTION
1 FREE BETWEEN AA/BA/IB AND HA IN HAWAII IN EACH
DIRECTION
2 FREE ON AA/BA/IB ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA IN EACH
DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND
EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE
COMPONENT.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Note that at least two MIA-LAX flights are on 3 class planes. Another option that just opened up is BRU-LHR-RDU-LAX-HNL. AA runs a 767 LHR-RDU and just started up RDU-LAX.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
BA1 is pricing up on dates I am looking at. It just requires an overnight in London.
It comes up fine on BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-LAX-HNL for an outbound.

There is just a limitation on the dates when BA1 is available.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by catmndu
Note that at least two MIA-LAX flights are on 3 class planes. Another option that just opened up is BRU-LHR-RDU-LAX-HNL. AA runs a 767 LHR-RDU and just started up RDU-LAX.
I'm tempted to book the 777 3 class MIA-LAX even though it will cost me a few TP's because I can use 1 of my SWU's to get into F LHR-MIA-LAX. Oh the dilemma!!

If I don't, then I think the RDU 763 is looking like a good option.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:40 am

Not a BA sale, but Finnair from the UK

http://www.finnair.com/GB/GB/offers
Old Apr 8, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
AY will have to do better than that to tempt me back onto one of their planes for a 12 hour flight.

Repeat their EU-SYD for £1600 fares and I'd consider it, but when you can often pick up LHR-BKK on EY for £1600, and that includes the limo transfers from my house to LHR and back again, I'm more than happy to give up the TPs and fly in comfort!
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:48 am

seems to be an ex-EU sale starting today.

Fares are on EF - can get them to work on expedia but not BA.com

eg BRU-LAS in J for July £1493 all in which is very decent. More or less same price BRU-LAX.
Any idea when sale finishes? Have searched but not found when it ends. need to book a couple of Club world trips but can't finalise details for another couple of days.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by delseyd
any idea when sale finishes? Have searched but not found when it ends. Need to book a couple of club world trips but can't finalise details for another couple of days.
travel restrictions valid for travel commencing on/after 17jun13 and on/ before 23aug13.

Sales restrictions tickets must be issued on/before 24apr13.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:11 pm

travel restrictions valid for travel commencing on/after 17jun13 and on/ before 23aug13.

Sales restrictions tickets must be issued on/before 24apr13.
^ Thank You

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.