Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by heakja
I am rather new to the BA forum. Would love to hear what all of those letters stands for (sorry being the annoying newbie...).
Grab a cup of tea and have a look at the dashboard sticky ^

You'll need the Acronym section
Old May 9, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by heakja
I am rather new to the BA forum. Would love to hear what all of those letters stands for (sorry being the annoying newbie...).
OLCI = online check-in
POUG = paid online upgrade (I think?) - done via ba.com MMB (manage my booking)
Old May 9, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
ET = Euro Traveller = short haul economy
CE = Club Europe = short haul business economy with a blocked middle seat and a meal
MMB = Manage My Booking (section of BA.com)
Old May 9, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
OLCI = online check-in
POUG = paid online upgrade (I think?) - done via ba.com MMB (manage my booking)
Originally Posted by stifle
ET = Euro Traveller = short haul economy
CE = Club Europe = short haul business economy with a blocked middle seat and a meal
MMB = Manage My Booking (section of BA.com)
Thanks, it was the OLCI, POUG and MMB that puzzled me. So now I am a little bit more flyertalk-wiser.^
Old May 9, 2013, 3:20 pm

Anyone got a feel if LGW-JER is likely to offer a POUG if booking an ET ? or is it pot luck ?
Old May 9, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gw76
Anyone got a feel if LGW-JER is likely to offer a POUG if booking an ET ? or is it pot luck ?
I've got a flight there next month and am still being offered £387 to CE both ways (saving £60 though!). £260ish if I had booked CE in the first place.
Will see at OLCI if anything better is offered as not paying that.
Old May 9, 2013, 3:51 pm

Thanks, will maybe just book CE then !
Old May 14, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Looks likean ex- UK business and first class sale has started. Boston is now £1600 in CW and £2600 in First.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Yes, looks like it.

LCY JFK on baby bus for £1499. Book between 15/5 and 4/6. I4UKJB
FRA JFK via LCY/LHR from £1373. Book by 17/5. IV5EUS

Many other destinations too.
Old May 15, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Woohoo! Woke up and checked BGI in Jan 2014 as usual. £2800 in FIRST. Get in!

Interestingly the first clue of this was yesterday when I noticed I could get 2 seats and a hotel in BGI for £2994pp.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:08 am

From blog.continentalclub.co.uk

Club Europe business class fares to Amsterdam, Angers, Basel, Bordeaux, Genoa, Hamburg, Hanover, Quimper, Rotterdam, Stanvanger and Zagreb available from just £200 return.

Bookings must be made by Tuesday 4th June 2013, for outbound travel across a variety of dates. Return travel must be complete within 42 days of departure. Bookings which combine hotel and/or car rental arrangements with flights in a package also benefit from the fare reductions.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by flashware
From blog.continentalclub.co.uk

Club Europe business class fares to Amsterdam, Angers, Basel, Bordeaux, Genoa, Hamburg, Hanover, Quimper, Rotterdam, Stanvanger and Zagreb available from just £200 return.

Bookings must be made by Tuesday 4th June 2013, for outbound travel across a variety of dates. Return travel must be complete within 42 days of departure. Bookings which combine hotel and/or car rental arrangements with flights in a package also benefit from the fare reductions.
Interesting to note they seem to be the ex-BMI destinations.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yes, looks like it.

LCY JFK on baby bus for £1499. Book between 15/5 and 4/6. I4UKJB
FRA JFK via LCY/LHR from £1373. Book by 17/5. IV5EUS

Many other destinations too.
I'm struggling to find these at the moment... what sort of date ranges should I be looking at, any starting cities in particular?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
i'm off to the US in October (5th to 21st) and prices quoted are non-sale fares...looking at the 'our cheapest fares' thingy, the sale fares are only available first week of september and the last week of october with nothing in between...i know it's UK half term towards the end of October but seems odd to have such a big period of non-sale in between sale fares...are all the sale fares fully loaded yet? considering it hasn't been advertised on BA.com yet?
Old May 15, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by ajws_83
i'm off to the US in October (5th to 21st) and prices quoted are non-sale fares...looking at the 'our cheapest fares' thingy, the sale fares are only available first week of september and the last week of october with nothing in between...i know it's UK half term towards the end of October but seems odd to have such a big period of non-sale in between sale fares...are all the sale fares fully loaded yet? considering it hasn't been advertised on BA.com yet?
The Low Fare Finder can lag the actual loading of fares slightly, but in your case I don't think it's an issue as, per the fare rules:

Originally Posted by http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk
Travel to US destinations is available for selected outbound travel dates between 29 June 2013 and 7 September 2013, and 26 October 2013 and 3 November 2013, and between 21 December 2013 and 5 January 2014.
What we seem to be looking at is a premium sale with outbound dates that cover multiple 'holiday' periods in one go, rather than the usual one-at-a-time scenario. As your outbound date is in a non-holiday period, you're looking at more normal fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.