Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: BA, VS
I see that BA are currently matching a Virgin offer to the West Coast in WT. Currently £573 return LHR-LAX in October. Is that about as good as it gets, or would a BA sale be cheaper? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Fares are only going in an upward direction recently so that might actually turn out to be a decent price although still not cheap. I'd hang on for a sale but wouldn't be over optimistic about what the fare will be.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
seems to be an ex-EU sale starting today.

Fares are on EF - can get them to work on expedia but not BA.com

eg BRU-LAS in J for July £1493 all in which is very decent. More or less same price BRU-LAX.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by irmster

eg BRU-LAS in J for July £1493 all in which is very decent. More or less same price BRU-LAX.
Good find. Thanks.
Seems to be a reaction to reduced *A pricing, which is still even slightly cheaper. May have to cancel my MAD....HNL since this is 600€ cheaper. BRU-HNL in J and F for GBP1650 is a snip.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by irmster

Bookable on aa.com and you can choose the new AA 77W to LAX if you fancy trying that.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I am struggling to find these fares on aa.com. I had originally planned to book ex-AMS to SFO in J for about £1900 via ba.com but this seems much better

I have tried every week from end of May through to September for BRU to HNL and cannot find anything like £1400 for J or £1650 for F.

I have selected Price and Schedule, all carriers and Business / First but the J fares seem to be coming out at between £2200 and £4000 and F £5000+

Any tips please?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I am struggling to find these fares on aa.com. I had originally planned to book ex-AMS to SFO in J for about £1900 via ba.com but this seems much better

I have tried every week from end of May through to September for BRU to HNL and cannot find anything like £1400 for J or £1650 for F.

I have selected Price and Schedule, all carriers and Business / First but the J fares seem to be coming out at between £2200 and £4000 and F £5000+

Any tips please?
Some confusion here I think. I suspect that the previous poster was referring to J transatlantic and F on the domestic flights.

BRU-HNL is still there in J with AA F on the internal flights for £1649 and LAS for around £1450. I didn't actually look for F TATL so can't confirm either way.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy

Any tips please?
The cheapest BRU fares are for travel between June 25th and August 24th. You have to select flights with I class (Business) or A class (AA domestic First) available. I suggest you use matrix.itasoftware.com to find this availability. There's plenty there and you can even use CWLCY to pamper yourself for a LCY-JFK sector.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Thanks for the tips - I forsee a busy evening. Yes I had thought that the original reference was F on BA. I could see the AA flights were A which is fine.

Best deal I have found so far is BRU-LHR-JFK-SFO and back for just over £1400 but that's in July and I would rather avoid school holidays.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

I'm a fan of BCN/MAD to SYD/MEL via SIN or HKG for £2800. Can't see myself going by the early September cut-off though
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Good find. Thanks.
Seems to be a reaction to reduced *A pricing, which is still even slightly cheaper. May have to cancel my MAD....HNL since this is 600€ cheaper. BRU-HNL in J and F for GBP1650 is a snip.

You can get it even better by flying out of BRU and back to LUX. Saves around $150 on aa.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire mainly
I am really struggling to find cheap fares in J to MIA ex EU for the last week of April. Might it be that the ex EU cheap fares are not valid for travel in April?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by pointtaken
I am really struggling to find cheap fares in J to MIA ex EU for the last week of April. Might it be that the ex EU cheap fares are not valid for travel in April?
As stated a few posts above the best fares are late June onwards. There are very good MIA fares from BRU during that later period.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Bear in mind as well that a lot of these fares have 28 day advanced purchase restrictions, which puts April out. Flights ex-DUB normally have 14 day advanced purchase rules, so it may be worth looking there.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The cheapest BRU fares are for travel between June 25th and August 24th. You have to select flights with I class (Business) or A class (AA domestic First) available. I suggest you use matrix.itasoftware.com to find this availability. There's plenty there and you can even use CWLCY to pamper yourself for a LCY-JFK sector.
Can anyone help me out here as to how to find this fare in that time period. I want to do the BRU-HNL run, but via JFK to get some more points. Can't seem to find it on ITA or price cheaply on BA.com and aa.com isn't even pricing it.

Thanks lots,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.