Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by adrian1979
I'm looking to book tickets from JNB - LHR for the first week in June......

Does anyone think there's an upcoming sale????
I would not be expecting a sale in time for the first week in June. However there might be a sale for July or August and I could well be proved wrong about June.

If you are booking F or J you can wait a week or so and unless flights are looking constrained (in which case book now) I would consider booking 28 days ahead of departure. It would be unlikely that even a sale fare would be valid less than 28 days ahead on the south africa runs.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: BA bronze
There might be sale sometime soon...or there might not be!

If you are ok with the price on BA.com today, book the tickets.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
FRA-JFK coming in at just under €1630 for dates between 1/7 and mid Sept from what I can see.

You can route FRA-LHR-ORD-EWR for that price too, which bumps up the TPs.

Not as good as the ex-EU sale which has just ended, but it might help someone looking to get Stateside over the summer.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Hi all.

Looking to do LHR-NYC in the Easter holidays (c. 4-19 April) next year in WhY. Would this period be blacked out from the sale fares?

thanks.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by londonbus
Hi all.

Looking to do LHR-NYC in the Easter holidays (c. 4-19 April) next year in WhY. Would this period be blacked out from the sale fares?

thanks.
There are no guarantees but, in general, Y 'sales' don't cover school holiday periods. Such dates tend only to feature in J & F sales, as business travel demand is softer when family travel demand increases.

Please feel free to check the sale archive on my blog for an idea of what's gone before.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Looking at the BA site this morning CW from LHR to Bos was pricing at £2000/person - about £600 less than when I was looking at it yesterday.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chance88088
Looking at the BA site this morning CW from LHR to Bos was pricing at £2000/person - about £600 less than when I was looking at it yesterday.
Still seems to be a lot more than it was say back in Jan.
WT+ was £384 e/w in the sale with CW being around £1800 return (except the week I flew when it was far far more than that).
Old May 8, 2013, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by chance88088
Three cities have had 'Summer Holiday' fares loaded in J only - New York, Boston and Washington. They're not sale fares per se, but they do equate to discounts of just over 20%.

There's a bit more detail on the blog (scroll down past EK Companion Fares), but the basics are: book by 17th May and fly outbound 21st July to 31st August.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
It's now advertised on the US BA site: Business Class Sale. From all 20 cities BA serves in the US to London and beyond, including Rome, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Paris. Book by 5/14 for flights between 6/28 and 9/5. Fares start at $2699.

Last edited by lwildernorva; May 8, 2013 at 10:13 am
Old May 8, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
It's now advertised on the US BA site: Business Class Sale. From all 20 cities BA serves in the US to London and beyond, including Rome, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Paris. Book by 5/14 for flights between 6/28 and 9/5. Fares start at $2699.
Interesting - the sale fare rules page say travel must commence from the US, but it seems to be pricing the same from the UK.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (just promoted - yippee!)
I'm hoping to get out to Naples for a long weekend in September - at the moment, CE is a bit steep, so hoping something may come up in a sale soon!

Or is there an alternative that would give us extra tier points by going through Europe?

Just a thought.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KevinTheB
I'm hoping to get out to Naples for a long weekend in September - at the moment, CE is a bit steep, so hoping something may come up in a sale soon!
Book ET and POUG to CE. A POUG may be offered at MMB straight after booking, at any time up to OLCI, or at OLCI. A POUG is not guaranteed, but is fairly likely in my experience.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold.
'Summer Holiday' fares seem to really only be for East Coast departure points... don't see the same kind of saving ex-West Coast.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (just promoted - yippee!)
Originally Posted by Genius1
Book ET and POUG to CE. A POUG may be offered at MMB straight after booking, at any time up to OLCI, or at OLCI. A POUG is not guaranteed, but is fairly likely in my experience.
That sounds good advice. Thanks
Old May 9, 2013, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
I am rather new to the BA forum. Would love to hear what all of those letters stands for (sorry being the annoying newbie...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.