Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jsydave
Does anyone have suggestions for routes from JER. We've got a nice JER-LGW-PSA and return in club bought during the sale but anything like those prices is hard to find now. I need 80 TPs before September and would love to do something more interesting than LGW and back.
Hi,

How about JER-LGW-AMS and return as it is fairly cheap IIRC?

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Does anyone have suggestions for routes from JER. We've got a nice JER-LGW-PSA and return in club bought during the sale but anything like those prices is hard to find now. I need 80 TPs before September and would love to do something more interesting than LGW and back.
Can't add anything on the TP run, but just want to say "Welcome" and draw your attention to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...il-2013-a.html
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:12 am

Does anyone have suggestions for routes from JER. We've got a nice JER-LGW-PSA and return in club bought during the sale but anything like those prices is hard to find now.
How much was the PSA flight? JER-LGW-VRN for £360. £2.25/TP. Not great but not too bad.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Any further than LGW in CE will leave you with too many TPs, and in ET unless you get a H class or higher (which will be the same or more expensive than ET) you need eight sectors.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by angatol
How much was the PSA flight? JER-LGW-VRN for £360. £2.25/TP. Not great but not too bad.
BRI also works.

In fact, the BRI fares out of LGW look like good value at £248.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA silver, CO
I need to fly from GLA to LHR at the end of July. I've never booked a domestic flight this far in advance before so I was wondering if I am better off waiting a month or so to book or just buy it now? The dates I'm looking at are around £105 and fare code O right now.

These 20 TPs should be the last points I need to earn silver for the first time.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Philvid2
I need to fly from GLA to LHR at the end of July. I've never booked a domestic flight this far in advance before so I was wondering if I am better off waiting a month or so to book or just buy it now? The dates I'm looking at are around £105 and fare code O right now.

These 20 TPs should be the last points I need to earn silver for the first time.
O booking class is the lowest published fare class available, £105 rtn is about as low a fare as you are likely to get. As a guide, I recently booked a LBA-LHR return for the end of April and it was £117.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:35 pm

£105 is cheap now on the GLA-LHR run. I would book this fare if you are sure your travel dates/times are fixed. I can't book this fare in advance usually, so I would love to take advantage of these fares
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA silver, CO
Thanks both. I went ahead and booked it. I guess I'm just remembering how you used to be able to book round trips with BMI for £80-85 a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:34 pm

Thanks both. I went ahead and booked it. I guess I'm just remembering how you used to be able to book round trips with BMI for £80-85 a couple of years ago.
Or even less if you got a F&F booking

Its called the monopoly effect now
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191
Can't add anything on the TP run, but just want to say "Welcome" and draw your attention to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...il-2013-a.html
Thank you. I spotted that. Daytime could be tricky but I might talk the boss at The Bar into getting me in to DJ that night!
Originally Posted by angatol
JER-LGW-PSA was just under 298. Couldn't walk away from that price.

Some research last night tells me hotel inclusive deals to Malaga might work. Being picky over dates now too which I appreciate will slice my options right down. We were looking last night at a CE trip to Malaga including hotel for a week coming in around 650 a person. That felt reasonable but still looking.

Noted I'll have more TPs than I can do anything with but my wife's chasing to catch me up. She'll be bronze with this trip.

Thanks all
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:01 pm

Hello chaps,

I'm somewhat of an imposter in here as I've never flown with BA before, I usually fly with VS. However this year I'd like to go to Seattle and VS do not fly there.

It would seem that in the BA sale, a return in WT for September is coming out at over £900. How does BA pricing generally work? I notice that even destinations such as Boston and New York, for which I'd expect (and have paid in the past with other carriers) sub £400 sale fares, are £500+ on BA.

This typically happens with VS too (ie higher prices further out, even during a sale) - so I wait and book a few months before departure and often save hundreds of pounds in the process.

Is that how it tends to work with BA - ie, should I be waiting? What's a decent target price for LHR to SEA? Amazed its so expensive, about double what it cost me to get to LAX which is further.

Infact oddly I could fly to Sydney for less.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
It would seem that in the BA sale, a return in WT for September is coming out at over £900. How does BA pricing generally work? I notice that even destinations such as Boston and New York, for which I'd expect (and have paid in the past with other carriers) sub £400 sale fares, are £500+ on BA.
The sale price of a LHR-JFK ticket in September is currently £440 and £740 non-stop to SEA. Not quite as bad as you're saying. I'm not sure of the historical pricing though.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:35 pm

You sure that £720 isn't an indirect codeshare flight with AA? The direct option comes back for me at £921.85. It's only £100 more to fly to Sydney on the same dates...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
You sure that £720 isn't an indirect codeshare flight with AA? The direct option comes back for me at £921.85. It's only £100 more to fly to Sydney on the same dates...
The £740 I quoted is the lowest price O fare I can see between LHR and SEA in September. Go here http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ and enter:
Departing From: LHR::O:BA
Destination: SEA::O:BA
Select: see calendar of lowest fares, choose a start date and length of stay. I put 6-10 days.
The above options will show only direct flights operated by BA. If you're willing to go indirect but at least do the longhaul flight on BA, then you can do it for £712 via JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.