Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Thumbs up

Just managed to book (on hold)

BRU-LHR (I)
LHR-MIA (I)
MIA-LAS (A)

and separately

LAS-LAX (P)
LAX-SFO (P)

for the grand sum of £1848 each (1020 TPs)

ex-AMS LHR-SFO in I was coming in at over £1600 each - what a difference!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:55 pm

New Sale starting tomorrow?
This is on the Italian and German sites

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_it
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Also on the Helvetic site.

BA's FB page has something about 'Perfect Day Live'.

Personally, I'm more excited about being able to choose my seats at T-7 tomorrow.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by greg5
Also on the Helvetic site.

BA's FB page has something about 'Perfect Day Live'.

Personally, I'm more excited about being able to choose my seats at T-7 tomorrow.
Perfect Day is a Twitter thing. They're getting people to send in their favourite things to do in certain cities (today it's Rome) for a chance to win a trip there.

Edit: Actually I don't know if it's specifically a Twitter thing, but it's being heavily promoted on their feed.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Just managed to book (on hold)

BRU-LHR (I)
LHR-MIA (I)
MIA-LAS (A)

and separately

LAS-LAX (P)
LAX-SFO (P)

for the grand sum of £1848 each (1020 TPs)

ex-AMS LHR-SFO in I was coming in at over £1600 each - what a difference!
I asked a question about LAS-SFO on another thread a few days ago.

Be careful to avoid AA1967 which is 2 flights (via LAX) but retains the same flight number through to SFO. As a result, it counts as only 1 flight for TP purposes.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
New Sale starting tomorrow?
This is on the Italian and German sites

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_it
And on French site too but it is still not working This being said, I think it is the 'free night in London or New York' operation (that's what the link looks like although it keeps going in circles) rather than a flight sale ( again)
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by orbitmic
And on French site too but it is still not working This being said, I think it is the 'free night in London or New York' operation (that's what the link looks like although it keeps going in circles) rather than a flight sale ( again)
You can see the stars in the London and New York pictures. Meh.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I asked a question about LAS-SFO on another thread a few days ago.

Be careful to avoid AA1967 which is 2 flights (via LAX) but retains the same flight number through to SFO. As a result, it counts as only 1 flight for TP purposes.
Thanks - I was careful to avoid that - the price for LAS-LAX-SFO has come down considerably - I looked at it last year and it was nearly £600
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
just a quick reminder that the last day to book the decent ex-BRU (or LUX) J fares to US is tomorrow 24/4.

I am just about to book BRU-LHR-LGW-LAS-JFK-LCY-BRU for £1480 and 640 TPs. (giving the LGW-LAS flight a go as I'd rather have an earlier arrival time given the shortness of the trip).
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
New WT/WT+ sale ex-US through May 8

Not much of a sale, but it's for summer bookings so with high demand probably can't expect much. Looks like a drop of about £250/$400 RT for bookings in WT+ for DC flights to the UK/Ireland. Lesser savings in WT but still a drop. Looks tied to demand--a quick comparison with fares out of JFK, normally cheaper than DC, indicates that a number of comparable fares are higher during this sale. Email from BAEC says buy by May 8 for travel beginning June 1 through December 15.

I have a summer trip to Ireland so I'll take advantage of this sale to get some WT+ seats, needed TPs, and a possible UuA to CW, but for fall travel through December 15, I'd think BA might have a better sale after the end of the summer travel season.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I received the e-mail about this "sale". I've been tracking prices every day for over two weeks and for the departure and arrival cities and "flexible" dates I need.....there is NO reduction in price from my previous searches - at least once a day. Unfortunately, I procrastinated and missed the Club World sale that ended on 9th April.....silly me!

BTW.....go thru the AARP prices; at least save something!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by luvthesun
I received the e-mail about this "sale". I've been tracking prices every day for over two weeks and for the departure and arrival cities and "flexible" dates I need.....there is NO reduction in price from my previous searches - at least once a day.
agreed, not a sale at all compared to recent pricing.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, EB Silver, Hilton Gold
Does anyone from the LCY - JFK pricing from last christmas? I can't see it in the sale price thread.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: british airways
Next BA Sale??

Hi,

I'm looking to book tickets from JNB - LHR for the first week in June......

Does anyone think there's an upcoming sale????

Thank you.

Adrian
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dont-know.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.