Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KenJohn
I see JFK flights for GBP1,513 in CW in early November (from 26 Oct) at the moment. Looks like the sale fares sometime ago have either continued or returned.
I noticed these as well. Seems like they were left running after the recent cw sale. I think that they may be a price match. Anyway, looked in the fare rules on ita and you need to book by 15 August. Am very tempted to book a trip to NYC in early January but so far have managed to resist.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by duo
I know no one can say for sure but do BA tend to have another say in August?
If you look back a couple of posts there's a link to continentalclub's blog which ha good data. Also a UK sale fares thread about on this board
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:46 am
duo

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
If you look back a couple of posts there's a link to continentalclub's blog which ha good data. Also a UK sale fares thread about on this board
^

Thanks to all +1
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KenJohn
I see JFK flights for GBP1,513 in CW in early November (from 26 Oct) at the moment. Looks like the sale fares sometime ago have either continued or returned.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Seems like they were left running after the recent cw sale.
I can't remember off the top of my head when the CW sale ended, but the level of fare you can see at the moment has been (re-)filed at least twice:-
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 20JUL13 AND ON/BEFORE 01AUG13.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 03AUG13 AND ON/BEFORE 15AUG13.
And it wasn't available on 18 July. I'd have to do a more comprehensive search to get a better history.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You know, I think the Advertising Standards Authority would be interested in this pattern of behaviour. BA repeatedly advertises sales as ending on day X, and very regularly extends them for a week or two. It could be construed as misleading advertising on the inference that they intended to extend the sale all along but were advertising an earlier closing date to get people to buy.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stifle
You know, I think the Advertising Standards Authority would be interested in this pattern of behaviour. BA repeatedly advertises sales as ending on day X, and very regularly extends them for a week or two. It could be construed as misleading advertising on the inference that they intended to extend the sale all along but were advertising an earlier closing date to get people to buy.
Given what the ASA lets Britain's big sofa and furniture retailers get away with in terms of advertising the nature and duration of their sales in order to 'get people to buy', I would have thought BA would be firmly in the clear.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:56 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Rubbish.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I'm trying hard not to laugh at this but can't help myself .
They won't be interested at all, you'd probably find yourself up for their annual internal daftest complaint of the year award .
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
They won't be interested at all, you'd probably find yourself up for their annual internal daftest complaint of the year award .
Never stopped anyone on here before
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Posts like this are exactly why people are driven away from this forum
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
I know what you are saying, but the very best sale ones go in its first hours so it is most often true to advertise the seats as open, and its not wise to take a chance if you want to secure the deals if you have tight schedules as people with kids do for example for school holiday fitting in

Does anyone remember the actual day in August the sale started last year please ?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
In the last couple of years I have made 3 x WT+ TATL bookings (in Sales, of course) between 15-27 Aug. Never tracked the J/F sales - I just UuA to J
Originally Posted by drspear
Does anyone remember the actual day in August the sale started last year please ?
For WT+, last year it was 15 Aug, usually it's a week or so later according to my records.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by T8191
For WT+, last year it was 15 Aug, usually it's a week or so later according to my records.
I am a bit afraid of this possible sale. I certainly don't need to go to US, however...
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Quote:

You're doing it again
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:01 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Good.

Last edited by Disco Volante; Aug 11, 2013 at 9:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.