Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:57 pm

Welcome to FT!

Pull the trigger - there will probably be a WT/WT+ sale near the end of August but it is very unlikely you will save on WT+ as they generally have a 21-day advance purchase requirement. You may save on a WT fare as advance purchase is sometimes less onerous but no guarantees and Lagos is not an 'always in the sale' destination anyway.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...les-ex-uk.html for historical info (better on First/CW but I am trying to collate more WT/WT+ info!!)

Last edited by matthewuk; Aug 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm Reason: added welcome - forgetting my manners!!!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by matthewuk
... there will probably be a WT/WT+ sale near the end of August ...
I collated some of the earlier posts here.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by matthewuk
Welcome to FT!

Pull the trigger - there will probably be a WT/WT+ sale near the end of August but it is very unlikely you will save on WT+ as they generally have a 21-day advance purchase requirement. You may save on a WT fare as advance purchase is sometimes less onerous but no guarantees and Lagos is not an 'always in the sale' destination anyway.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...les-ex-uk.html for historical info (better on First/CW but I am trying to collate more WT/WT+ info!!)
Thanks matthewuk, i really appreciate your advice... i think i'm gonna just bite the bullet (staying with the gun theme) and go for the current price. I don't think my heart can take anymore!!

I'm hoping they will have a WT+ sale at the desk on the day, i've seen it before for an extra Ł75 so maybe if i'm a really good girl and eat all my veg between now and then it will happen again!

Loving this thread by the way... whatever happens I'll keep an eye on the messages here, if only to torment myself!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I collated some of the earlier posts here.
Thanks for your help Globaliser, i have decided not to wait anymore - there are only so many hairs left on my head!!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Sale just started, looks like ex-EU (although I have only checked ex-Germany and ex-Austria).
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gemiemagic
i have decided not to wait anymore - there are only so many hairs left on my head!!
You're not alone. After discussion with my companion, and knowing BA's propensity to zero award availability in Club when a WT+ sale starts (presumably to limit the number of W->J MFUs at sale prices), we also decided to pay the current prices to get guaranteed MFUs rather than to gamble on what might happen in the sale.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
You're not alone. After discussion with my companion, and knowing BA's propensity to zero award availability in Club when a WT+ sale starts (presumably to limit the number of W->J MFUs at sale prices), we also decided to pay the current prices to get guaranteed MFUs rather than to gamble on what might happen in the sale.
Is this a common problem? We're hoping to MFU the inbound leg of a trip to LAS. Are we better off doing this pre-sale?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:44 pm

i'm sitting here like a patient assassin waiting to pull the trigger on two sale flights to LAX for Oct.
come on BA and comply.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andygeog
Is this a common problem?
I've never personally had the dilemma in quite this form before, because I've never seen as much J award availability on my usual routes as now.

However, I have often seen it reported here by regulars, and I personally wasn't prepared to take the risk. My take was this: for Golds MFUing on JNB, the W->J MFU is almost free - so if the risk-free route means paying a couple of hundred pounds extra for the underlying cash ticket, so be it.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
In case it proves useful to someone, an ex-France traveller/traveller plus/club sale has just commenced. Though for club in particular I think the term 'sale' should be treated with caution. Book by 20 September.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by BA235
In case it proves useful to someone, an ex-France traveller/traveller plus/club sale has just commenced. Though for club in particular I think the term 'sale' should be treated with caution. Book by 20 September.
Thanks. It doesn't look like the sale is amazing at least to the USA or South Africa, to look at markets I know a little bit about (in Y or Y+). Anyone, feel free to tell me if I have missed an amazing fare to a fabulous destination somehow
Old Aug 23, 2010, 4:10 pm

Some of the WTP fares aint too bad. They have cut the sale just short of easter though; sly ol' dogs!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[Pardon me. Totally misread an earlier post!]

Last edited by Globaliser; Aug 24, 2010 at 3:26 am
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:24 am

You mean AF premium economy?
No, BA WTP. On the french site, the sale is already on, and includes WT, WTP and Business.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, completely misread an earlier post ... d'oh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.