Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering 2024 | Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PETER01
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Most routes are to/from London Heathrow/LHR. Routes to/from London Gatwick/LGW are this colour for easier reference.

Some pictures may only be part of the menu for info.

Wiki updated to Post 584

Current Menus - APRIL 2024

AUS - Post 482

CUN - Post 528 Post 573

HKG - Post 562

HND - Post 568

JFK - Post 475 Post 574 Post 579

JNB - Post 507 Post 517

LAS - Post 534

LAX - Post 464, Post 477 Post 535 Post 576

MCO - Post 546

MEX - Post 481

MIA - Post 584

NAS/PLS - Post 496 Post 563

NBO - Post 533

PVG - Post 549 Post 570

SAN - Post 564 Post 565

SIN - Post 502

SYD - Post 486 487

UVF - Post 577

YYZ - Post 550

=========================================

MARCH 2024

ATL - Post 341

BGI Post 390

BLR - Post 293 363

BNAPost 388

BOSPost 335 296

CPTPost 272 425

CUNPost 375 377

DENPost 281 282 354

DXBPost 352 359

HKG – Post 393 406 422

HNDPost 344 431 432 441

IADPost 316 338 434 472

JFKPost 401

JNB Post 408

LAXPost 345

MIAPost 378

MSYPost 303

SANPost 417

SCLPost 389

SINPost 290

YULPost 297

Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2024 | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
BA177 LHR to JFK on 9 January (in old CW)

overall was tasty enough. We were sat in old style CW centre seats and service from one side to other was a good 10 mins behind. I have a feeling there were issues with the galley especially around the mains. My beef had been in oven far too long or temp too high, causing the gratin to ‘split’ meaning it was swimming a pool of clear liquid (butter?). I think some of the main (beef) had been ruined as they came round saying they didn’t have enough of the beef (on the slow side of service). Neither main looked the best presentation wise but I had a taste of my partners Cod and it was delicious. Desert was tiny maybe 2” x 3” and the cheese could have done with another 30 mins to raise the temp from Artic.

Last edited by Blackjackburger; Jan 10, 2024 at 3:53 am Reason: Adding text
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
BA177 LHR to JFK on 9 January (in old CW) Pt2

The minturisation over the years of the afternoon tea items is a ‘skill’ in itself. It’s also a huge bugbear of mine as why they put horseradish on the beef sandwich rather than an option. The Horseradish Fan Club isn’t overflowing with members I’m sure!. Cup of tea was decent, though didn’t get offered a refill. Service throughout both dining options was pretty underwhelming tbh (top pic the scone was initially missed off and when queried the abrupt response was ‘yes I’m bringing you some nice fresh ones out of the oven’
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: BAGold
Reply to BA177

Originally Posted by Blackjackburger
BA177 LHR to JFK on 9 January (in old CW) Pt2

The minturisation over the years of the afternoon tea items is a ‘skill’ in itself. It’s also a huge bugbear of mine as why they put horseradish on the beef sandwich rather than an option. The Horseradish Fan Club isn’t overflowing with members I’m sure!. Cup of tea was decent, though didn’t get offered a refill. Service throughout both dining options was pretty underwhelming tbh (top pic the scone was initially missed off and when queried the abrupt response was ‘yes I’m bringing you some nice fresh ones out of the oven’

Many thx, I will post my KSML on 28 Jan BA 115..

Last edited by golfmad; Jan 10, 2024 at 10:02 am Reason: Removed quote of photos (as per the Wiki)
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:22 am

Anyone have the new menus for LHR-India routes? On the BA135 in a couple weeks and I'm curious if they'd keep the beef fillet on the menu - I suspect not!
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No beef on Indian routes.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
BERbound

What did the others in your photo eat?

"I had the trout starter "

Sealink, BERbound, greg5 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
BERbound

What did the others in your photo eat?

"I had the trout starter "
Maybe: I am sorry Madam, we only had one salmon loaded.

Doc Copper
BERbound and AmaaiZeg like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 10, 2024 at 12:25 pm Reason: remove quoted image
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just a gentle reminder not to quote photos in these 'in-flight menu' threads. It's much easier to read if we just have a single version of the photos. Also, I get double the FOMO if they are posted twice.

If you wish to quote a post with photos, you can leave the quoted text but just delete the quoted photos before you hit Submit.

Thanks,

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC Forum
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
A tale of two turkey dinners and underwhelming short haul food

So, i had the pleasure of Club World in the suites from YYZ to LHR before christmas and back on the 2nd Jan. A mixed bag to be honest. A rookie crew member from the back took my meal order with uncertainty - ie "if there is spare soup, can i have that before the prawns?" and "if there is a cheese plate left, could you add it please?" which was met with so you want the prawns and xmas desert. It got worse when I asked for a white wine with the fish and red wine with the main. The response being - if we don't have enough, which would you prefer - the red or the white? . Fortunately, when heading to the bathroom after the main course, the Inflight lead asked me if everything was ok. On explaining the junior crew member's attempzt - 2 months on the job, comes from the back to assist with pre departure, he apologised and on returning to my seat was a cup of soup, and the extra wine. The cheese even arrived. The Turkey dinner was cooked to within an inch of its life and i left half of it. In better news, the carrot and ginger soup was delicious if a tad creamy.
Two general comments really from me. (and one may live in another thread) - Toronto food is always c**p whether its with AC or BA. The food is poorly cooked, bad ingredients and so before reheating its never going to shine. Secondly, the wine list is nowhere near club standards., its the sort of wines you'd pick up in Tescos for 6 quid a bottle. Really disappointing with the champagne cheap and nasty. I do hope BA look at the wine offering and up their game.

On the return leg, what a difference a Heathrow kitchen makes - the same turkey dinner (photo attached) was 10 fold better. Tasty, well cooked including the veg and you wouldn't think it was the same airline and cabin. Not sure the apricot soufle could be called a soufle, but still delicious and the creme anglais could be fed to me on my death bed!

The let down food was the short haul food from LHR to Berlin and back. Tiny tasteless sandwiches on the way out and this bizarre cold lunch was just bizarre. I have to admit the beef was ok, but the celeriac slices underneath had a weird texture and taste and I'm unsure what the paste was. The only compensation on these flights (which are at the longer end of short-hall and with small plates / portions which don't really fulfil the brief) is that the booze was plentiful with the lead and crew keeping it flowing to make up for the food. One quirk i didn't really get is that a really nice cider was available for sale down the back but not available in Club. The inflight lead kindly got me a can and it was DELICIOUS.
Finally, kudos to BA on the IPA front. I was able to sample the winter xmas ale on both long haul flights and at 6% ish was delicious and chewy and everything a winter ale should be. Along with Speedbird, it was amazing that IPAs outnumbered the lager which was a choice of Heineken or Heineken. Great for Brits and europeans who appreciate darker beers - unsure how some Americans and Canadians would take an absence of lager. (AC on the same route offer Heineken, Canadian or Coors Lite - sigh!) Long may the collaboration with Brew Dog continue - its different, unique and welcome.

The better version

vile / bizarre

Yummy cider

and a choice of ales!! (winter ale was yummy)
ttama likes this.

Last edited by Mikey Mike Mike; Jan 10, 2024 at 8:00 pm
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Same menu as above on todays very delayed BA173 LHR-JFK:

Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:16 am

LHR - HYD on 22 Dec 2023

LHR - HYD on 22 Dec 2023

Smoked salmon: boring
Leg of lamb: OK. Very filling.
Cheeses: OK

Omelette: terrible. Too rubbery.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
LHR - HYD on 22 Dec 2023.pdf (173.5 KB, 100 views)
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:18 am

BLR - LHR on 8 Jan 2024

Tadka idli: delicious.

Poached prawns: nice and meaty but no added flavour.
Spicy chicken: delicious.
Cake: boring.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
BLR - LHR on 8 Jan 2024.pdf (172.7 KB, 80 views)
VorelNaCestach likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
So, i had the pleasure of Club World in the suites from YYZ to LHR before christmas and back on the 2nd Jan. A mixed bag to be honest. A rookie crew member from the back took my meal order with uncertainty - ie "if there is spare soup, can i have that before the prawns?" and "if there is a cheese plate left, could you add it please?" which was met with so you want the prawns and xmas desert. It got worse when I asked for a white wine with the fish and red wine with the main. The response being - if we don't have enough, which would you prefer - the red or the white? . Fortunately, when heading to the bathroom after the main course, the Inflight lead asked me if everything was ok. On explaining the junior crew member's attempzt - 2 months on the job, comes from the back to assist with pre departure, he apologised and on returning to my seat was a cup of soup, and the extra wine. The cheese even arrived. The Turkey dinner was cooked to within an inch of its life and i left half of it. In better news, the carrot and ginger soup was delicious if a tad creamy.
Two general comments really from me. (and one may live in another thread) - Toronto food is always c**p whether its with AC or BA. The food is poorly cooked, bad ingredients and so before reheating its never going to shine. Secondly, the wine list is nowhere near club standards., its the sort of wines you'd pick up in Tescos for 6 quid a bottle. Really disappointing with the champagne cheap and nasty. I do hope BA look at the wine offering and up their game.

On the return leg, what a difference a Heathrow kitchen makes - the same turkey dinner (photo attached) was 10 fold better. Tasty, well cooked including the veg and you wouldn't think it was the same airline and cabin. Not sure the apricot soufle could be called a soufle, but still delicious and the creme anglais could be fed to me on my death bed!
I concur about the BA food out of YYZ--it used to be quite poor. A few G&Ts certainly helps. I have found AC better out of YYZ, but awful out of LHR. On the other hand, my food on my YYZ-LHR in early Dec was quite nice. Any insight on food quality ex-YVR or YUL?

Last edited by golfmad; Jan 11, 2024 at 10:10 am Reason: Removed profanity
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
I concur about the BA food out of YYZ--it used to be quite poor. A few G&Ts certainly helps. I have found AC better out of YYZ, but awful out of LHR. On the other hand, my food on my YYZ-LHR in early Dec was quite nice. Any insight on food quality ex-YVR or YUL?
Dec 2022 was the last time I went from YUL, it was dreadful best bet is to eat in the lounge. Same menu as YYZ iirc.
tmac100 and JTXC like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi all. My wife and I will be traveling on BA116 JFK-LHR on January 22, and she told me this evening it's a "sleeper service" so they won't have dinner and will only do a breakfast service. Looking above this doesn't sound like a thing but does this ring a bell with anyone or sound like a misunderstanding?

EDIT: couldn't find link myself but somewhere on the site they do mention flights after 19:30 get a "night cap" then breakfast. Will reserve judgment but initial thoughts are a bit disappointing

Last edited by jsydave; Jan 11, 2024 at 12:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.