FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering 2024 | Club World
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:45 am
JTXC

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
So, i had the pleasure of Club World in the suites from YYZ to LHR before christmas and back on the 2nd Jan. A mixed bag to be honest. A rookie crew member from the back took my meal order with uncertainty - ie "if there is spare soup, can i have that before the prawns?" and "if there is a cheese plate left, could you add it please?" which was met with so you want the prawns and xmas desert. It got worse when I asked for a white wine with the fish and red wine with the main. The response being - if we don't have enough, which would you prefer - the red or the white? . Fortunately, when heading to the bathroom after the main course, the Inflight lead asked me if everything was ok. On explaining the junior crew member's attempzt - 2 months on the job, comes from the back to assist with pre departure, he apologised and on returning to my seat was a cup of soup, and the extra wine. The cheese even arrived. The Turkey dinner was cooked to within an inch of its life and i left half of it. In better news, the carrot and ginger soup was delicious if a tad creamy.
Two general comments really from me. (and one may live in another thread) - Toronto food is always c**p whether its with AC or BA. The food is poorly cooked, bad ingredients and so before reheating its never going to shine. Secondly, the wine list is nowhere near club standards., its the sort of wines you'd pick up in Tescos for 6 quid a bottle. Really disappointing with the champagne cheap and nasty. I do hope BA look at the wine offering and up their game.

On the return leg, what a difference a Heathrow kitchen makes - the same turkey dinner (photo attached) was 10 fold better. Tasty, well cooked including the veg and you wouldn't think it was the same airline and cabin. Not sure the apricot soufle could be called a soufle, but still delicious and the creme anglais could be fed to me on my death bed!
I concur about the BA food out of YYZ--it used to be quite poor. A few G&Ts certainly helps. I have found AC better out of YYZ, but awful out of LHR. On the other hand, my food on my YYZ-LHR in early Dec was quite nice. Any insight on food quality ex-YVR or YUL?

Last edited by golfmad; Jan 11, 2024 at 10:10 am Reason: Removed profanity