Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: AA
March: LAX-LHR and LHR-PHL

Solid experiences in F over the last weeks. I'd say the food ex-LAX was moderately better than ex-LHR.

LAX-LHR

Canapes

Beef carpaccio

Tomato soup (I thought this was excellent)

Beef

Chocolate torte

Fruit

Waffles

LHR-PHL

Canapes

Souffle

Carrot soup (good, but not as good as the tomato)

Lamb

Sides

Chicken (Would recommend this)

Afternoon tea
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
March LHR to IAD

Had a great flight to Washington last Saturday, crew were fantastic and the food to boot. Hoping it will be just as good on the way back.

Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Travellingberry
Had a great flight to Washington last Saturday, crew were fantastic and the food to boot. Hoping it will be just as good on the way back.
Great choice of entertainment

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 17, 2023 at 2:11 am Reason: Remove quoted images
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamestg
Great choice of entertainment
You can take the Australian out of Australia and all
SW7London, bafan, mikeyfly and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:18 am

BA178 JFK-LHR day flight today

I’m taking one for the team and trying the breakfast taco. The crew agreed I was being very brave.

Also only two salmon loaded for the full cabin of eight. I guess it’s better than one, but still not enough for me to get hold of one!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:29 am

The Salmon Trio rustled up from Club

The Balik salmon

The British Airways Breakfast Taco!

Full English

The crew were able to find me some fish from Club which was pretty good. I also managed to pinch a piece of the proper salmon that my husband managed to order and it was excellent.

The breakfast taco was really just a hard boiled egg on a crispy taco shell with some spinach. Not terribly exciting but not awful. For a flight that’s less than six hours long I can’t really complain about the meal!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Menu in F Cl for LHR/SFO, late afternoon flight

Can anyone share? TIA! 1K
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
LHR-JNB BA57 16/3/23

Canapes

Salmon Starter

Chicken Tikka - Genuinely very good

Didn't feel like breakfast so just had a coffee and forgot to take a picture of the cheese plate but was a decent meal.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
On the main screen of the iPad they can see your status and if you are paid or an involuntary upgrade or staff and I believe that with a few clicks they could also tell cash or avios but that most crew don’t really care and it doesn’t/shouldn’t affect service. They can check CIV to determine meal choice but an involuntary OPUP will not be able to choose a meal ahead of a paid customer by virtue of their status. I think that is what has happened here.

What would they see if you've used a GUF voucher?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by CH_flyer
What would they see if you've used a GUF voucher?
It would just look the same as paid assuming it was booked into the revenue classes I or A, I believe.
Note- the "paid" showed on the screen above I understand refers to a paid upgrade and is as opposed to "invol" which is an operational upgrade.
CH_flyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The picture shows the seat map and not the PIL which shows any redemption tickets and Avios cabin upgrades.
crazy8534 and AbZorba like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Still somewhat perplexed by the breakfast menu reference to “The Original Full British”.

Have personally never heard the term ‘British’ as a breakfast descriptive. English breakfast, of course …… and Scottish breakfast too - although that tends to be quite distinct and rightly so.

Yes, I know what they mean to say, and yes I’m aware that it’s probably intended to appeal to a global passenger demographic. But for the benefit of the latter, would it not make sense to use the much better-known terminology ….. ?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by subject2load
Still somewhat perplexed by the breakfast menu reference to “The Original Full British”.

Have personally never heard the term ‘British’ as a breakfast descriptive. English breakfast, of course …… and Scottish breakfast too - although that tends to be quite distinct and rightly so.

Yes, I know what they mean to say, and yes I’m aware that it’s probably intended to appeal to a global passenger demographic. But for the benefit of the latter, would it not make sense to use the much better-known terminology ….. ?
Here's what I'd say: "I'll take some LPGS. Do you have anything that would go with that?"
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:41 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by subject2load

I’ve always assumed the sensitivity is they are meant to be “British” Airways and some passengers therefore may take offence if they call it a “Full English”. I agree what BA have come up with is something that sounds wrong to all Brits rather than just some of them, though, it should probably just be “Cooked breakfast” or “Full breakfast”.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Fry up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.