Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RichieMc
How boozy are the crepes? I’m asking because I like crepes but don’t like booze.
I haven't had them for a while but they pack a punch.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I don’t find the sauce to be boozy although I do find it to be quite a sweet syrup. I think the sauce is poured over the crepes in the galley so I suspect you could ask to have the sauce on the side instead.
ryanbriar, astra19e and RichieMc like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
LHR-ATL, Jan 2 2024 (Similar or same menu as post #899)

Menu

Canapés - perfect

Salmon & Soup Starters - soup was great; salmon was light and I'm a fan of this dish a lot.

Turbot - good, a tad too small.

Dessert - the chocolate dollops, while small, were very rich, which balanced the creamy ice cream and raspberries nicely.

I didn't have Turkey as the main, since I had a good version in Club Europe MAD-LHR same day.

I skipped the second meal (burger) as I wasn't hungry.

Service good. 8F/non-new version.

Last edited by seanp7; Jan 3, 2024 at 4:04 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
How much can you theoretically order in First? Could you try out more than one main? More than one dessert?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
How much can you theoretically order in First? Could you try out more than one main? More than one dessert?
You can pretty easily get starter, soup, salad, main course, cheese, and desert. Beyond that they're likely to tell you they're out, possibly because the excess meals are for crew (I know this is in J, not sure about F).
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You can pretty easily get starter, soup, salad, main course, cheese, and desert. Beyond that they're likely to tell you they're out, possibly because the excess meals are for crew (I know this is in J, not sure about F).
This is my experience in Club as well, however I've seen several reviews of First where the reviewer has ordered lots of things off the menu to try out (and I'm talking casual reviewers, not well known YouTube reviewers that the crew will know).
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:03 am

I mixed up my options. For my light second meal I had the pasta from the main dinner option and had the starter from the light mean choices. They are fairly flexible, but not sure if they'll give you two mains though!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:11 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I mixed up my options. For my light second meal I had the pasta from the main dinner option and had the starter from the light mean choices. They are fairly flexible, but not sure if they'll give you two mains though!
I ordered 3 starters and my wife had two bowls of the soup on LHR-LAX flight. No issues.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The food in First is not for crew, not saying they don’t eat what is left at the end of the flight. The difference between First and Club is that in First it’s à la carte dining so customers can order anything at anytime so if it’s left you can have it.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Pilot37
BA42 on 4th Jan from CPT to LHR

Pilot37
That menu looks like it has a lot of potential. Apart from the impossible description of the canapés. Was the food any good?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I ordered 3 starters and my wife had two bowls of the soup on LHR-LAX flight. No issues.
This is my experience in Club as well, however I've seen several reviews of First where the reviewer has ordered lots of things off the menu to try out (and I'm talking casual reviewers, not well known YouTube reviewers that the crew will know).
Okay, on our last flight we tried to get the appetizer (morel?) souffle after seeing the passenger across the aisle have it, and were told they were out. Maybe they really were (but of course if they kept it for themsleves they'd probably say the same thing too. )

In CW it's been hit-or-miss on the cheese and dessert. Sometimes no issue, sometimes "I don't know, we'll have to see if there are enough". There has always been enough though. I've never tried for more than one pre-main course (I think it's usually a starter, a salad, or a soup on the menu.) In almost all cases it would be just too much food (in F or J) unless I didn't have time for the lounge, or if I didn't like any of the mains and wanted more starters.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Please follow the discussion in the 2024 version of this thread here:

Long haul in-flight catering 2024 | First

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC Forum
PETER01 and ryanbriar like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.