Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I havent got a good photo of it but the mango spiced cod available on many TATL -> LHR routes is my favourite F main this year.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL

Salmon which I really enjoyed

Some good bits, some bad bits. Thought the turkey in the CE version is actually nicer - at least more moist.

Can't go wrong
Old Dec 25, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Char siu pork

is an option on our flight today (with noodles). Toying with having it rather than another xmas turkey roast. Anyone tried it / any pictures of it?

crazy8534 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Splotly
is an option on our flight today (with noodles). Toying with having it rather than another xmas turkey roast. Anyone tried it / any pictures of it?
What route ?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Nick_USA
What route ?
BA61 (London - Maldives)
Nick_USA likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thats a new one, sorry. Hope you chose it and that it was good!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Thats a new one, sorry. Hope you chose it and that it was good!
Unfortunately I didnt get to try it - they changed it to the lamb duo. So I went for the turbot, which was really good. And the crepes too were brilliant, helped by the desert wine. Not sure what BA has done, but both were a noticeable step up from whats been typical over the recent couple of years. And warm nuts - had forgotten how much better that makes the whole experience. Cabin crew also seemed experienced - certainly looked like theyd put some care and thought into trying to get it right.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
IAD-LHR yesterday. It is fair to say I did not choose wisely, the beef, whilst tasty, was disappointingly small and a heavy handed medium.

Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:13 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by JapesUK
IAD-LHR yesterday. It is fair to say I did not choose wisely, the beef, whilst tasty, was disappointingly small and a heavy handed medium.

Isn't that piece of beef/steak on the small side and the plating for all the dishes looks rather pathetic - at least in my books does not even qualify for Business. Guess a lazy crew..

Cheers!
MaxFlyer, Sealink and JapesUK like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by JapesUK

Gosh the plating of this was done by a canteen lady?!
Sealink and JapesUK like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
They should go back to plating the sides with the main, else it just highlights when the main is bad, like above.

Whilst I see what BA is going for here, this not a fancy restaurant; not even close !
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
They should go back to plating the sides with the main, else it just highlights when the main is bad, like above.
Indeed, one "eats" first with one's eyes...
camdentown likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:25 am

Flew to JFK in the 'old' F yesterday, had possibly one of the best BA crews for a while, both F trained. Was impressed with the Christmas dinner and the crepes were as good as always.

Christmas/turkey dinner was really good.

Crepes consistently good.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
LHR-BOS (#213) earlier today in the 14F configuration. We went out with nine, which contributed to great service (3:1 pax to cabin crew ratio) and a nice start to 2024 before embarking on the annual whole 30 diet.

Canaps and drinks were served just after take off. Drinks were offered upon boarding along with mixed nuts out of a ramekin, which was ironic as the IFM announced that someone on board had a severe nut allergy just after the nuts were passed out.

Figured Id venture away from the beef tataki. This was essentially the same as the canap salmon, but diced with some avocado. Youll see the caviar if you zoom in 500x 😂. Ill stick with the beef going forward.

Soup was solid and similar to a few weeks back.

Wanted to try the roast turkey before it departs. Ill stick with the lamb, which takes the upper hand provided that it is not overdone. Presentation was a bit different from my wifes order a few weeks ago (all of the sides plus the menu sides were dumped into the bowl).

Ventured away from the plain vanilla ice cream. This was good, but its very sweet.

Pre-arrival cheese. Nothing spectacular here.

I hadnt had this in a while as I typically take 239 (sometimes 203), both of which receive a proper meal versus this attempt at a pre-arrival snack. My wife had the multi-level plate set up (I opted for the mini table).

Wines were decent, but nothing spectacular (not that it was expected). My wife indulged in tasting all of them (then promptly took a nap). The NZ white was surprisingly unique / good if youre into bright white wines. The Pinot noir was very sweet and too much for my liking. The Bordeaux just edged out the Chilean cab for me. As always, the LPGS was phenomenal.

(Mods please move to a 2024 thread if needed).
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Crepes consistently good.
How boozy are the crepes? Im asking because I like crepes but dont like booze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.