Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrflightside
A relative newbie here, but how does one go about pre-requesting items? Sorry if this has been answered before
You discreetly ask the crew member who’s taking your meal order.
RockyRobin and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Any idea of the F menu on the BA283, the 10.10 to LAX? Departing this Friday 17th.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Deleted

Last edited by JaqRL; Mar 13, 2023 at 5:39 am Reason: Error
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I enjoyed Tofu for the first time in my life!

Rather disappointing presentation and doubling up on bell peppers

What no beans?

I took advice from above on the pre-requesting on items. At the dinner ordering stage I requested that an order of pancakes be reserved which was wise as they only had 3 on board for a loading of 13.

Another mini FT win!

Was this on the 216 IAD -LHR, I am on that flight in a couple of weeks and was wondering about the menu.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by JaqRL
Was this on the 216 IAD -LHR, I am on that flight in a couple of weeks and was wondering about the menu.

It was indeed the 216 on Saturday 12th, let me fish out the full menu for you….
LCSinTexas and JaqRL like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad

The first white wine was not available on both legs. They had a Chablis which was nice. FYI I am not a wine man however I enjoyed it along with the last red which was recommended by my boss when I showed him the list and he drinks a fair bit of wine.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Simonp27
BA0213 F catering yesterday LHR to BOS.

Poor show, salmon starter, fish main and lamb main all out by the time I ordered (1K).

Main course was the Club World meal on an F plate - complaint has gone in - they said no main for me because they thought I was an Op Upgrade when in fact I was a paid upgrade (AUP 4 hours before take off).

Beef starter was flavourless, desert decent. Main dire.
BA have offered 20K Avios compensation.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
I flew LHR-SIN in F last week on the BA11. It was a very mediocre flight from both a hard and soft product perspective. However, the lack of breakfast service was a big disappointment as it seems that BA have changed the second meal options on night flights to be better suited to the time of arrival into a destination. After a night’s sleep I’d prefer fruit, yoghurt and pastries to Waldorf Salad and a Chicken Katsu Burger, and it seems that all of the other passengers felt the same as I didn’t see anyone eating after I woke up.

I’m maybe in the minority as I recall seeing a thread recently where people were complaining that breakfast was the only option as the second meal service on an overnight flight. Surely there’s a middle ground where some kind of brunch menu is offered that marries typical breakfast with lunch dishes?

This was also the third F flight in a row where they ran out of the Chablis during the meal service after I’d had two glasses. In each case the cabin crew said there were only two bottles on board which is clearly inadequate for 8-14 pax. Surely this can’t be considered acceptable in First?
Flyertalker001342 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Were the second meal options on LHR-SIN really the ones you get on shorter US flights e.g. MIA/ORD? That's poor if so. As much as I think the BA F fry-up ex-LHR is decent, I would be happy enough with a hot lunch after waking up - mainly because it can feel more premium. But not if it's a salad and a burger.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by ENTP
Were the second meal options on LHR-SIN really the ones you get on shorter US flights e.g. MIA/ORD? That's poor if so. As much as I think the BA F fry-up ex-LHR is decent, I would be happy enough with a hot lunch after waking up - mainly because it can feel more premium. But not if it's a salad and a burger.
Actually, I stand corrected, it was a cheese burger rather than a chicken katsu burger. Starters were Waldorf Salad or Mozarella & Tomato Salad and Mains were Cheese Burger or Ricotta & Spinach Pasta.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Simonp27
BA have offered 20K Avios compensation.
That's pretty generous. My own stomach wrenching experience of almost having my entire paid FC long haul (USA-Europe and return) trip canceled at the last minute before departure due to the ice fog at LHR in Dec., followed by my luggage being misplaced for 12 of the 14 days of the trip got me only 10,000 Avios.
Simonp27 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
I flew LHR-SIN in F last week on the BA11. It was a very mediocre flight from both a hard and soft product perspective. However, the lack of breakfast service was a big disappointment as it seems that BA have changed the second meal options on night flights to be better suited to the time of arrival into a destination. After a night’s sleep I’d prefer fruit, yoghurt and pastries to Waldorf Salad and a Chicken Katsu Burger, and it seems that all of the other passengers felt the same as I didn’t see anyone eating after I woke up.

I’m maybe in the minority as I recall seeing a thread recently where people were complaining that breakfast was the only option as the second meal service on an overnight flight. Surely there’s a middle ground where some kind of brunch menu is offered that marries typical breakfast with lunch dishes?

This was also the third F flight in a row where they ran out of the Chablis during the meal service after I’d had two glasses. In each case the cabin crew said there were only two bottles on board which is clearly inadequate for 8-14 pax. Surely this can’t be considered acceptable in First?
I would have been OK with free-flowing LPGS and several packets of popcorn.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Does anyone have a recent menu for the current F offerings on the daytime flight from JFK to LHR (178).
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by champignon
That's pretty generous. My own stomach wrenching experience of almost having my entire paid FC long haul (USA-Europe and return) trip canceled at the last minute before departure due to the ice fog at LHR in Dec., followed by my luggage being misplaced for 12 of the 14 days of the trip got me only 10,000 Avios.
Not really, someone got 15k for no pretzels in Y....
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Not really, someone got 15k for no pretzels in Y....
Doesn't surprise me. I also claimed for a small suitcase and some clothing items totaling up to around $350 USD, which I received separately, plus they ultimately gave me another ~$350 for involuntary downgrades on two short haul J flights (one AS and one BA). Most of the time I have a larger Avios balance than would be optimal (it's a target for devaluation) so I don't really care all that much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.