Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by subject2load
Still somewhat perplexed by the breakfast menu reference to “The Original Full British”.

Have personally never heard the term ‘British’ as a breakfast descriptive. English breakfast, of course …… and Scottish breakfast too - although that tends to be quite distinct and rightly so.

Yes, I know what they mean to say, and yes I’m aware that it’s probably intended to appeal to a global passenger demographic. But for the benefit of the latter, would it not make sense to use the much better-known terminology ….. ?
I think British as a descriptor is fine but either way I don’t think most people would really be bothered what it’s called as it’s the constituents that count. I ordered an Aussie breakfast in Singapore at the weekend and it was exactly what you’d get when ordering a full English over here. And I guess it’s the same when ordering a typical American breakfast any where in the Americas. From BA’s perspective I guess the use of “British” breakfast ties it back to its own brand
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:05 am

I am a fussy eater so thinking of ordering vegetarian special meal.
Do you receive canapes with special meals?
Is it possible to call YouFirst still and ask for a copy of the menu before the flight?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes you do get canapés that comply with your special meal.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I’ve always assumed the sensitivity is they are meant to be “British” Airways and some passengers therefore may take offence if they call it a “Full English”. I agree what BA have come up with is something that sounds wrong to all Brits rather than just some of them, though, it should probably just be “Cooked breakfast” or “Full breakfast”.
I suspect it’s to avoid offending Karen: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35098251-post117.html
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:25 pm

No menus loaded on the 67 to PHL today but a wonderfully attentive crew and a hand written menu that they explained very well.

I had the salmon and saw one other have it. So at least two loaded. The chicken tikka was excellent. One of the best plane meals I’ve had. Lovely crepe’s to finish off they don’t look much but tasted wonderful and an afternoon tea which I only picked at due to the late departure.

dddc, seanp7, Sealink and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:45 pm

Great shots!
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by pesos
Great shots!
thanks. Not food but I quite liked this one too
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:37 am

How are the scones they serve? Halfway decent?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 5:57 am

not as dry as the CCR ones. Quite fluffy. Could’ve been warmer but an 8/10 for me. Not enough for a Hollywood handshake though.
pesos and Mercinator007 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:54 am

Also, I always thought you received two scones for a F afternoon tea?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:07 am

April menu - NA-LHR

Here's the April menu (via You First) for what I suspect is all overnight NA flights back to Heathrow - or at the very least, back from New York.

Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
JNB-LHR BA54

Pre departure service with CE nuts.

Parma ham starter

Chicken breast main- apologies forgot to take a picture before taking a bite

Passion fruit mousse- asked for the ice cream but apparently it had all melted.

Read some reports that catering ex JNB wasn’t great, while it wasn’t as good as the LHR outward leg it wasn’t too bad.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Completed an enjoyable holiday in Antigua flying out/back in CW cabins. My partner is vegan and, unfortunately, what was served up to her as a 'meal' in both directions was most disappointing (in particular on the return flight from Antigua). On the outward flight the starter was acceptable, but the main was just a pile of quinoa with a few pieces of roasted veggies strewn around it. The starter on the return was salad and the main was a revolting veg curry (the same offering that was presented in March 2022), which was inedible (both to her and me). I find it hard to believe that it is difficult for the caterers not be to be more creative in putting together a decent vegan option - vegan food is hardly new on menus in restaurants these days. Surely BA caterers can do much better than what was offered on the flights. I sincerely hope that BA improves on this in the future.

Last edited by higham44; Mar 26, 2023 at 1:04 pm Reason: Adjusting grammar
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by higham44
Completed an enjoyable holiday in Antigua flying out/back in CW cabins.
Hi - I'm not sure this is the correct thread for your post. There's a separate CW catering thread.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by peter h
Hi - I'm not sure this is the correct thread for your post. There's a separate CW catering thread.
Thanks. Do you have the link, please? I hope that any vegan offering in First does not match the poor quality in CW though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.