Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I had this same menu on LHR-IAD on Monday (the first meal). How did you like the tataki? Mine was very salty.
oh interesting, mine was ok.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Just to put some more ‘meat on the bones’ to chris1979 picture posts above - here is the full First menu for both SYD - SIN and SIN - LHR sectors.
Wines obviously remained the same for both sectors.

Pilot37
seanp7, PETER01 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:42 am

I am flying back from MEX to LHR in First.
I am vegetarian and tempted to order a special meal, but my past experience with SPMLs in F catered from outstations that the quality tends to be really low, similar to an Economy meal.

What would you recommend?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
I am flying back from MEX to LHR in First.
I am vegetarian and tempted to order a special meal, but my past experience with SPMLs in F catered from outstations that the quality tends to be really low, similar to an Economy meal.

What would you recommend?
Hi,
Please don't! I flew back from Mexico last week and pre-ordered the vegetarian option and it was the worst First class meal I have ever had by some distance. It was largely boiled vegetables with pre-packaged crackers. Well short of first class. I gave my feedback to the crew who said they were genuinely embarrassed by what they were asked to serve.

The crew tried their best (offered to find me alternatives from business or even economy) and gave me a couple of bottles of champagne at the end of the flight to apologise, they also said they'd feedback to BA and advised me to complain too, which I have (no response yet).

I'd really advise to take your chance and order the Vegetarian options from the menu on board.

Starter

Main
Old Apr 11, 2023, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ells
Hi,
Please don't! I flew back from Mexico last week and pre-ordered the vegetarian option and it was the worst First class meal I have ever had by some distance. It was largely boiled vegetables with pre-packaged crackers. Well short of first class. I gave my feedback to the crew who said they were genuinely embarrassed by what they were asked to serve.

The crew tried their best (offered to find me alternatives from business or even economy) and gave me a couple of bottles of champagne at the end of the flight to apologise, they also said they'd feedback to BA and advised me to complain too, which I have (no response yet).

I'd really advise to take your chance and order the Vegetarian options from the menu on board.

Starter

Main
Thanks! I have the menu for the return flight and it seems that what you were served as a starter course, is actually part of the normal menu as a main course, which leads me to assume that the F catering from MEX is just generally bad, whether you order an SPML or not.

I had similarly bad SPML catering out of HKG, and the CSM offered 2 options on board: issue an on the spot service recovery in the form of some Avios, or send a complaint using his iPad, and wait for a (hopefully larger) amount of Avios from BA customer services.
I think I got 20K avios in the end, which I was happy with.

I will eat in the AMEX centurion lounge before the flight to be safe.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
BA181, LHR-EWR, F
10 APR 2023

Canapes

Salmon Starter

Pea Soup (the cracked pepper was me)

Lamb

2nd meal - salmon salad

2nd meal - burger

2nd meal - dessert
Sealink, mikeyfly, ENTP and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I flew BA287 last week and the menu is the same as in post 294, with the exception there was no afternoon tea. The second meal was a burger or pasta, with a choice of mixed salad or Caprese salad to start. The desert was a chocolate mousse with strawberries. I photographed the menu, but with poor lighting you can hardly read it.
I was on BA 285 end of March and didnt see afternoon tea as they didnt even have menus! The FAs were amazing despite a dirty cabin they were trying to clean up a little....the ops out of LHR are lacking these days....but the crew was just amazing tho.....love them
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
I was on BA 285 end of March and didnt see afternoon tea as they didnt even have menus! The FAs were amazing despite a dirty cabin they were trying to clean up a little....the ops out of LHR are lacking these days....but the crew was just amazing tho.....love them
No menus on my flight to DFW the other week either. Luckily I'd asked for the menus from YouFirst so had some idea of what was available, think the crew member was glad not to have to repeat it all yet again. Afternoon tea was pretty disappointing BTW, you didn't miss out on much if you didn't have it.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just returned from MEX (BA242) in F. Awesome crew. Catering below, wasn’t the best but have certainly had worse. Could only manage fruit for breakfast so saved taking a pic of that.

Given landing is scheduled 3:30pm shame to do breakfast in some ways though sure others may disagree. Interestingly everyone had dinner after take off despite this being after midnight due to delayed departure.

Canapé selection

Duck terrine starter, nice but not amazing

Salmon wellington with bearnaise, enjoyed this

Lemon tart a bit average
seanp7, Sealink, crazy8534 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Can someone advise on the meal service on daytime flight from the West Coast USA to London?
All the menus I have seen appear to be dinner and breakfast, but does that vary based on departure time?
We’ll be on the 13:35 BA52 departure from Seattle. Will lunch be served, or should we have a light lunch before boarding and expect to be served dinner later in the flight?
Thanks.

Last edited by bakera; Apr 22, 2023 at 5:17 am
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Lunch/dinner after takeoff, breakfast before landing.
bakera and AbZorba like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by seanp7
BA181, LHR-EWR, F
10 APR 2023

…funnily enough, I also watched Contact on my 283 LHR-IAD F on 5 April!
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
​​​​deleted
Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Anyone yet got any menus for the TATL menus for May - LHR to JFK. Less than two weeks out would hope that someone has already got a copy from You First.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:33 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dwugson
Anyone yet got any menus for the TATL menus for May - LHR to JFK. Less than two weeks out would hope that someone has already got a copy from You First.
I messaged them a few days ago they told me to check back after the 24th
dwugson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.