Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by champignon
US Lindt is poo. I believe that European made Lindt is still good.
Neither are worthy of First, IMHO.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Can any cabin crew verify only one bottle of sparkling water is loaded per cabin. On a recent flight in F, I asked for sparkling water at the end of my meal and I was told only one bottle loaded (on a regular basis). The very embarrassed staff member said it has been reported many times but BA don’t listen.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are two in the First galley and more elsewhere, First would take priority of any of these.
pennineuk likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Just got the menu for BA11 to SIN on 9th March and Im not sure how I feel about the absence of breakfast. Struggle to believe I will want a burger or pasta when I wake up
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyinirish
Not great photos but Lamb was superb! The curry was great too although the chicken was slightly overcooked. I had that instead of a light meal option. Also....No Brandy!
I keep reading how awful the BA F product is nowadays but all that looks like F quality to me. Certainly better than any F flight I've been on in the past.
Sealink and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I keep reading how awful the BA F product is nowadays but all that looks like F quality to me. Certainly better than any F flight I've been on in the past.
I like the John Edwards plates a lot. As regards what get's put onto them, well that varies.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
This afternoons LHR-Philly flight was on point, notwithstanding A10 boarding and a broken lav on a 14F flight.

The salmon app was spoken for, so I went with the beef followed by the lamb (a tad over-cooked, but still quite good). The galley was rammed so the FA proactively asked me if I wanted to eat on delay (totally fine).

BERGBRLY, PETER01, Sealink and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
BA49 (LHR-SEA) March 5th. Sorry I seem to have neglected to grab a picture of the menu itself. In general though I found the food to be quite good, service on the flight was fantastic by a great crew.

Pre-departure drinks, which were topped off several times as we had a bit of a hold at the gate.

Canaps

Dispite being in 1A I happened to be changing when the started taking meal orders and had ran out of the salmon avocado dish which I was OK with as having had it 4 times now I honestly dont see what the fuss is all about. Had the morel souffle which was really good! Would for sure order again. Outside the Balik Salmon I'd say this is my favorite appetizer.

Chicken Tika Masala was good and well cooked.

Passion fruit tart was really good.

Pre-landing meal, garden salad

Spinach and Ricotta Rotolo, pretty good. Much better than the Katsu sandwich thing from my previous flight
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:40 pm

BA283 (LHR-LAX) 2 March. Excellent friendly crew!

Tasty carrot and ginger soup. Disappointed no ricotta croquettes were served with it as per menu. Was looking forward to trying the croquette after reading the menu.

The turbot with the lobster sauce I poured on tasted just ok. The additional vegetables were overcooked.

Passion fruit and hazelnut tart was delicious.

This shows the yummy crunchy hazelnut base.
The best part of the meal was the dessert. Guess I am a pudding person
Did not feel hungry enough to eat anything else on the flight after sleeping well. Did have a tea while still in bed mode and glad I had packed a spare tShirt after spilling some of it .
Old Mar 7, 2023, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
BA283 (LHR-LAX) 2 March. Excellent friendly crew!
The best part of the meal was the dessert. Guess I am a pudding person
To be fair, me too. I was already thinking of seeing if there's spare pudding's on my LHR to ORD F flight later this month, simply to try the options!
ryanbriar and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:34 pm

What is the etiquette with having a soup and starter? If I remember correctly soup used to have its own heading but is now included with the starters? Can you ask for soup and then one of the other starters? And can you ask for dessert AND cheese afterwards? Or would this be unusual/seen as greedy?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. No.
No need to elaborate, enjoy it all !
ryanbriar and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Rolyat
What is the etiquette with having a soup and starter? If I remember correctly soup used to have its own heading but is now included with the starters? Can you ask for soup and then one of the other starters? And can you ask for dessert AND cheese afterwards? Or would this be unusual/seen as greedy?
Last time I went to JFK in F sitting in 2K, guy in 1K asked for dessert and cheese. Got told hed have to choose one or the other and see if there was any left once everyone had been served 😂. Im pretty sure he got it as I didnt have either.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Last time I went to JFK in F sitting in 2K, guy in 1K asked for dessert and cheese. Got told hed have to choose one or the other and see if there was any left once everyone had been served 😂. Im pretty sure he got it as I didnt have either.
I have asked at least once whether I could have both and was told "yes." In the end I only had the cheese as my appetite was gone at that point, and in fact I mostly skipped the meal before landing several hours later.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
BA182 JFK - LHR

Wouldn't normally eat dinner on this flight, however I've been in LA for a bit (flying LAX - JFK on a transcon prior to this flight) so on LA time zone and had the rest of the day of on arrival, so decided to eat on the plane.

Prawns were very enjoyable. Lamb shoulder was barely edible. The texture was mush. Almost like grainy mash potato. That is something going wrong on the ground, not the inflight ovens. I don't think they'd be able to make it that texture without leaving it in the oven for 6 hrs. I don't have an overly sweet tooth, so dessert was some fresh fruit and a bag of popcorn while I finished my film. Not entirely sure Butterkist popcon is a premium product though... Would expect to see something like Joe & Seph's or similar.

Washed down with a good selection of drinks: LPGS, the Chateau Fombrauge Red and the Sauternes.

Breakfast in the morning was more fresh fruit and a croissant. Not entirely sure about the expresso (sic) I was served - seemed like filter coffee in a small cup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.