Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Brindisi in early August just got scrubbed ... works for me actually as it was a Holidays booking and I would have had to probably cancel this week if there was no sign of Italy lifting the universal quarantine for UK arrivals ( and I haven't seen any sign they will ) ... BA Holidays not taking calls at the moment so can't request a deposit refund, but I guess they'll do it automatically or I'll request it later !
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Miami BA 207 Cancellations

BA 207 is zeroed out on Expert Flyer from August 9th onwards. Prior to this date it has already been cancelled and is not showing on EF. Any idea how long it will be before cancellations get notified for W/c August 9th. I would like use the Amex 2-4-1 vouchers tied up in a booking on those dates for another booking but would prefer to avoid the £35pp cancellation charge if the cancellations are imminent which I think they should be. I assume that any vouchers recredited to me that had an expiry date in 2021 would automatically be extended until 31st Dec 2021 like others
Keystone likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
LHR-VRN out too

Just received the dreaded email, flights to Verona early August aren't happening. (I don't know if it's concern over quarantine regs, as flights to VCE and MXP still available...).
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
Originally Posted by u01sss3
My flight from EWR-LHR on 23/8 is still showing for now.
My flight LHR-EWR on August 8th got cancelled on Friday, so stand by!
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Waggy
BA 207 is zeroed out on Expert Flyer from August 9th onwards. Prior to this date it has already been cancelled and is not showing on EF. Any idea how long it will be before cancellations get notified for W/c August 9th. I would like use the Amex 2-4-1 vouchers tied up in a booking on those dates for another booking but would prefer to avoid the £35pp cancellation charge if the cancellations are imminent which I think they should be. I assume that any vouchers recredited to me that had an expiry date in 2021 would automatically be extended until 31st Dec 2021 like others
Probably cancelled officially in no more than 2 days. If you want to switch to flights that have avios availability you can do this for free anyway but taking an FTV. Your 241 should have been extended if it wasn’t previously (you can check under My eVouchers).
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Waggy
There are several (many?) US flights in the same boat, zeroed from August 9th, but not yet cancelled. I've been waiting for one to be cancelled for three days now; I suspect they'll all be cancelled at the same time, or thereabouts. I tried calling to get a proactive move, but BA wouldn't go for it. Shame really, as the one I am interested in moving to is going to be significantly over subscribed in the premium cabins when the cancellation finally hits.

rb211.
Keystone likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by RB211
Shame really, as the one I am interested in moving to is going to be significantly over subscribed in the premium cabins when the cancellation finally hits.

rb211.
With most Ba Us flights going with 20/30 pax onboard I wouldn’t worry too much.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:54 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Is that true ? Do you happen to know the loads at all ? Just wondering.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:12 pm

I noticed lots of U.S. inventory showing the zeros... I have not received the cancellation notification yet, however when I log in, my ORD-LHR is still there (probably because it hasn't been processed) but the connection onward to FCO (late august) has been axed.

If I can get to LHR, there is a 80 minute connection to an earlier BA FCO flight, the next one is AZ. I'm wondering, will they put me on the AZ flight? And if they do, I will have to enter the U.K. and claim luggage and transfer? What a headache.

If they get me to FCO more than four hours later or downgrade class of service, then I can get the refund correct?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by freebeernwine
I noticed lots of U.S. inventory showing the zeros... I have not received the cancellation notification yet, however when I log in, my ORD-LHR is still there (probably because it hasn't been processed) but the connection onward to FCO (late august) has been axed.

If I can get to LHR, there is a 80 minute connection to an earlier BA FCO flight, the next one is AZ. I'm wondering, will they put me on the AZ flight? And if they do, I will have to enter the U.K. and claim luggage and transfer? What a headache.

If they get me to FCO more than four hours later or downgrade class of service, then I can get the refund correct?
Have you booked through AA or BA? If you have booked through BA, as your LHR-FCO flight has been cancelled you are eligible for a full refund; if you have booked through AA, if there isn't an option available -4/+4 hours of your original departure and arrival time, you are eligible for a refund.

If you have booked through BA, they would not be rebooking you on Alitalia for a cancellation made fare in advance.

For the downgrade part, please mention which carrier issued your ticket.

Edit: If this is an award redemption please also mention that.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by A P Yu
May be true for most, but not these two flights. Unless they change the equipment of the flight that is staying, First will be doubly booked (15 pax for 8 seats) and CW will be a seat or two short of full, and that's not considering those without seat selection.

OK, I'll only worry a little!

rb211.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RB211
May be true for most, but not these two flights. Unless they change the equipment of the flight that is staying, First will be doubly booked (15 pax for 8 seats) and CW will be a seat or two short of full, and that's not considering those without seat selection.

OK, I'll only worry a little!

rb211.
Given the travel restrictions to the US are still in place, I’m sure there will be a lot of passengers waiting for the cancellation so they can get a refund rather than a travel voucher.

I wouldn’t expect the number of passengers currently holding reservations to equate to anywhere near the number of passengers squeezing into the few flights that will actually operate.
A P Yu, RB211 and mikeyfly like this.

Last edited by gcuk; Jul 12, 2021 at 2:34 pm
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
That's my position - we have 5 seats in F and given no chance of US opening up in early August to UK residents I will be getting a refund
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Are you on BA-280?

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
My SFO on 20th Aug which was still showing as A380 has been changed to 777. No surprise really but unlikely I’ll be able to go anyway
I'm based in LA but took a positioning flight to SFO to fly to Lisbon via London. I was on BA-502 SFO-LHR a few weeks back that they changed from an A-380 to something that didn't have an available seat in 1st, so I was able to change to another day on an 787. If I'd known the rules better I'd have just changed it to leave from LAX as well. I changed the return to arrive at LAX after the return leg was cancelled a few days later. So, when they cancel the flight its +/- 3 days and 300 miles for a comparable seat right? At first they just auto-booked me into a Business Class Seat on the replacement equipment.

Last edited by backdoc; Jul 12, 2021 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
frustratingly my EDI-LHR on aug 4 was cancelled--it was the last flight of the day and i was moved to the 650am next day which will not cut it but odd they didnt just put me on the new last flight of the same day which departs 3hrs earlier than i was scheduled.

yes this is what life is now, but still a bit annoying how they are axing the very convenient end of day services to domestic points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.