Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Interesting view. I am of the opposite opinion, I think leisure travel will recover much more quickly than business travel and that 8-10 flights a day to JFK might never be seen again. Secondary cities with the 787 and LGW 777s were a huge success prior to COVID and I think they will be after. The short haul network looks different today than in 2019, with much lower frequency but quite a few new leisure or "LGW" destinations. Overall I think the BA route map will look broadly similar, but the frequency will be down.
i’m with you on that thought. I flew back Stateside last Sunday on a LHR-DFW-SAN route. I was talking to the FA and declined another drink as I said to them that I had another 3hr flight in addition to the TATL, so had better pace myself. They asked where I was going and when I said SAN they commented that there were more than a few people on board with the same routing.

I do think/hope that there will be a VFR rush and that the TATL routes open back up again
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
i’m with you on that thought. I flew back Stateside last Sunday on a LHR-DFW-SAN route. I was talking to the FA and declined another drink as I said to them that I had another 3hr flight in addition to the TATL, so had better pace myself. They asked where I was going and when I said SAN they commented that there were more than a few people on board with the same routing.

I do think/hope that there will be a VFR rush and that the TATL routes open back up again
I'm really hoping so! Like many here, seeing family is a real priority for us. My wife feels very far from home at the moment, and while her parents are fairly healthy, she's accutely aware that they're getting older and that they have missed 16 months of 3 of their grandchildren's lives. I'm sure we all know many people in similar situations. All we can do is wait.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
My LHR-SEA has been downgauged from a 787-10 to a 787-9 - no club suite, instead, the crappy outdated product.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by luitje
BA49 has been operating every other day since May (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun) with pretty good loads, so odds of it being cancelled are quite low. Actually BA is planning on changing its frequency to a daily in August.
Two more BA flight cancellations for an early August trip, which makes 6 total since May -
BA 52, SEA-LHR
BA 53 LHR-SEA

This does not seem to encourage loyalty.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:00 am

My WAW flight was just cancelled for the end of August; seems to have gone from daily to 4x week.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:32 am

Yet another cancellation, this time my DUB-LHR in 1st Aug. Getting pretty sick of it at this stage

Is there currently a policy in place to rebook to EI on the DUB-LHR?

Last edited by andymcdonnell; Jul 6, 2021 at 2:58 am
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Just had my LHR-SCL in F at the end of August cancelled. This is the 5th time this flight has been cancelled and rebooked since the start of the pandemic...

I'll try again for September - wish me luck.

Any guesses as to the chances of South America coming off the red list by then?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
SOF flights on Wednesdays in August cancelled this morning.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Saligo
Just had my LHR-SCL in F at the end of August cancelled. This is the 5th time this flight has been cancelled and rebooked since the start of the pandemic...

I'll try again for September - wish me luck.

Any guesses as to the chances of South America coming off the red list by then?
Unlikely I'd say - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-b1878416.html, a pain as I may need to travel to Colombia in the next couple of months. Will have to research potential amber list countries to "quarantine" in, Mexico probably.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Yet another cancellation, this time my DUB-LHR in 1st Aug. Getting pretty sick of it at this stage

Is there currently a policy in place to rebook to EI on the DUB-LHR?
Yes, BA are happy to rebook on EI under the BA codeshare, but there’s only economy service
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
SVQ has been cancelled through until 3rd September. Does anybody know if they’ll reroute to Iberia via MAD? BA.com isn’t offering these flights for sale. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tom139
SVQ has been cancelled through until 3rd September. Does anybody know if they’ll reroute to Iberia via MAD? BA.com isn’t offering these flights for sale. Thanks.
They’ve obviously given up on the week by week approach and accepted another summer is gone.

It will be interesting to see if some of these decisions get reversed when the double jabbed relaxation comes in.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Pardon if this has been asked before but cannot find it in forum search.BA has cancelled my August JFK-LHR-JNB and return flights (continuing from JNB to LUN on 4Z, but that flight still operates). JFK-LHR-_JNB-LUN all on one PNR. What are the chances that BA would rebook on QR as a One World partner since QR now serves LUN. Cannot reach my tour operator who in turn has to reach his flight consolidator. And BA will not talk to me since ticket was booked by travel agent.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Looks like RHO rotations being thinned out. Both legs of my 15-29 Aug trip cancelled... yet another call needed to sort out an auto rebook that doesn't work for us...
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Looks like RHO rotations being thinned out. Both legs of my 15-29 Aug trip cancelled... yet another call needed to sort out an auto rebook that doesn't work for us...
we’ve had our flight on the 8th cancelled as well, but the return on the 20th at the moment still seems to be running

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.