Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:51 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
BA LHR to PHX pushed back another week, for about the 7th time. Now restarts August 16th - Ha ha, no way will US UK be open by then. US has a problem with Delta Variant and now Delta Plus, no one in their right mind woud open up travel to US citizens when its impossible to know if they are vaccinated.
I have to fly out there Mid-August for work.
You think I'm better off sticking on the BA LHR-LAX as that at least seems to go once a day no matter what. And just buy a ticket LAX-PHX.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
I have to fly out there Mid-August for work.
You think I'm better off sticking on the BA LHR-LAX as that at least seems to go once a day no matter what. And just buy a ticket LAX-PHX.
Don't deal with separate tickets. Purchase a LHR-LAX-PHX ticket on BA if you would like to go through LAX rather than purchasing a separate ticket for the latter leg.
BA should be able to sell this to you but it wouldn't show up online and you might need to call and have actual flight numbers in hand.

ITA Matrix would be your friend finding availability.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:00 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Don't deal with separate tickets. Purchase a LHR-LAX-PHX ticket on BA if you would like to go through LAX rather than purchasing a separate ticket for the latter leg.
BA should be able to sell this to you but it wouldn't show up online and you might need to call and have actual flight numbers in hand.

ITA Matrix would be your friend finding availability.
My Reason for going through LAX was that it seems to go at least once a day and at least operates. V PHX like you said which keeps getting pushed back.
DFW // AUS // SFO // SEA are also options.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
My Reason for going through LAX was that it seems to go at least once a day and at least operates. V PHX like you said which keeps getting pushed back.
What I meant was if you're heading to Phoenix; BA could ticket a LHR-DFW/LAX-PHX ticket with both legs on the same ticket for a much cheaper price than two separate tickets.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:07 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
What I meant was if you're heading to Phoenix; BA could ticket a LHR-DFW/LAX-PHX ticket with both legs on the same ticket for a much cheaper price than two separate tickets.
Yes indeed. I'm not worried on the cost per say, as its a work ticket.
I just really need to be there for a certain date, so trying to pick a flight that won't get cancelled.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Yes indeed. I'm not worried on the cost per say, as its a work ticket.
I just really need to be there for a certain date, so trying to pick a flight that won't get cancelled.
then yes, LAX has operated "regularly" if you want more assurance i'd look at the LHR-LAX schedule next week and youve got one BA and one AA service operating, so i would feel comfortable knowing these two will continue to operate in aug and sept at a minimum.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
JFK was reduced to x4 daily flights a week ago for August. The late 1950 LHR-JFK and returning 0755 being amongst the flights culled.
I understand that further cuts are in progress, reducing it again to x2 daily throughout August, with only the 1120/1800 going out and the 1830/2300 returning. If you are not on those, expect to get cancellations shortly.
Where did you see this?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For 2-15 August, JFK is x17 weekly ( x2 daily on some days and x3 daily on some days )
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by LucasD81
Where did you see this?
Advised by GGL team. The 7/day was cut to 4/day, and they are cutting back further now. It looks like the first half of Aug has been cut to 2/day most days now.

Safest if you want to travel if to look at which flights operate NOW and book/rebook on those flights. On the other hand, if you want to be cancelled or to have ultimate flexibility, then book one that is likely to be cut, like the 1950 out/0755 back for a start.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by dcmike
So my Aug 20 LHR-KEF and my AUG 29 KEF-LHR were both just canceled. Five bookings in 2021, all five canceled. Refunds requested for each.

So my fourth booking which was canceled three weeks ago still shows up in MMB. Should I be concerned, even though I've already received the refund?
My August KEF flights were cancelled. Rather than rebook on the few dates BA is operating, I took the refund and rebooked on Icelandair. I'm actually very glad. Flight times are much better. 1300 going out instead of 0700. Twice daily flights. Better seats. Widebody 767. Around the same cost (£400 in Saga class) as the CE fare I paid.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Does it look like the LHR-AUS flight will be back in operation by September?

I'm scheduled to fly AUS-LHR-TIA. On the reverse it is TIA-LHR (overnight)-AUS. I'll probably just book a hotel near LHR as the time approaches. It was a very good deal (in business), almost too good, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.
OssianBlue and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by astrofrog00
AA finally admitted that my ATL-LHR routes operated by BA in August (BA226 on the 4th and BA227 on the 15th) were canceled--a week later and only after I called them and told them.

Rebooked on an AA-operated route through LHR with the last legs to/from ATH on BA-operated flights (BA636 and BA623). Any insights or predictions on whether those LHR-ATH routes will ultimately operate?
This got buried in the end of week rush--reposting in case anyone has thoughts on a leisurely Sunday. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aztimm
Does it look like the LHR-AUS flight will be back in operation by September? <snip>
How do you suppose that anyone could answer that question with any degree of accuracy?

I would imagine that many believed/hoped that flight would already be back in operation and yet... its not.

Regards
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Our 11:45a LHR-LAX on 7 Aug looks like it was just given the axe.

We booked AA codeshare ATH-LHR-LAX and our online itineraries now just show ATH-LHR. I assume we’ll be accommodated on the later LHR-LAX flights (AA or BA) but so far I don’t see any rebooking for us. We are in Club and it was supposed to be the new Club Suite, so hopefully that will still be the case.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by scubadu
How do you suppose that anyone could answer that question with any degree of accuracy?

I would imagine that many believed/hoped that flight would already be back in operation and yet... its not.

Regards
The post I quoted suggested that an FT'er consider AUS (among others) in lieu of PHX, so I thought perhaps it had been announced somewhere that LHR-AUS was returning before LHR-PHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.