Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That’s not a very friendly response to someone who was only trying to help you. Unfortunately @sfozrhfco is correct, it is the ticketing airline or agent who is responsible for rebooking and reissuing the ticket in your circumstances.
Interesting concept of helpful.

I would argue that both of you are semi-wrong. When BA cancelled my outbound connection to BER they auto-placed me with a 24.5 hour layover on next flight to BER. And in the past when I had a cancellation with ANA on a transpac booked with UA miles, I successfully pushed them to honor the carriage and reacommodate me on a different flight that did not have open award availability.

It's weird to expect that a pax who has flights booked and plans should just accept that they might be cancelled with no recourse other than refund when there are rebooking options available on revenue sharing partners of the operating airline.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Karbry
BA206 MIA to LHR has officially bitten the bullet on August 14th
And now the remaining BA208 flight has been downgraded from a club suites A350 to the old CW 789.

I believe there’s no recourse for an aircraft change, correct?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by spgaston
It's weird to expect that a pax who has flights booked and plans should just accept that they might be cancelled with no recourse other than refund when there are rebooking options available on revenue sharing partners of the operating airline.
Another recourse might be available by your travel insurance?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I would argue that both of you are semi-wrong. When BA cancelled my outbound connection to BER they auto-placed me with a 24.5 hour layover on next flight to BER. And in the past when I had a cancellation with ANA on a transpac booked with UA miles, I successfully pushed them to honor the carriage and reacommodate me on a different flight that did not have open award availability.

No one is suggesting there is no recourse, what we are saying is it is the airline (or agent) who issued the ticket who you should contact to be reaccommodated. They are the ones responsible for rebooking and reissuing the ticket.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by meehgz
And now the remaining BA208 flight has been downgraded from a club suites A350 to the old CW 789.

I believe there’s no recourse for an aircraft change, correct?
I was downgraded from F to CW so could claim a refund for the change in travel class. I don't think there is any recourse for an aircraft change or change of seat design if you are still travelling in the same class. I am sure somebody more knowledgeable will be along shortly to give you a definitive answer.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karbry
I was downgraded from F to CW so could claim a refund for the change in travel class. I don't think there is any recourse for an aircraft change or change of seat design if you are still travelling in the same class. I am sure somebody more knowledgeable will be along shortly to give you a definitive answer.
Yes I think the only cases where same cabin different seats have resulted in the passenger getting something is when a long haul route is swapped to a short haul plane, so CW to CE. Other than that just changing from a long haul CWS to CW doesn't give rise to anything - and tbh this may be changed several times up to travel anyway.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes I think the only cases where same cabin different seats have resulted in the passenger getting something is when a long haul route is swapped to a short haul plane, so CW to CE. Other than that just changing from a long haul CWS to CW doesn't give rise to anything - and tbh this may be changed several times up to travel anyway.
I figured as much; I’ll keep hope alive for a positive change in the coming weeks (after several negative changes/cancellations to this itinerary already - the joys!).
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

when an AA ticketed itinerary had a BA cancelled flight, AA handled. when a BA ticketed itinerary had an AA cancelled flight, BA handled it.

that you are a flyertalker already speaks to your heightened knowledge of how these things operate, combined with the reality of traveling in this environment has no comparison to any prior experience.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
I've just had a few flight times changed on the BA1338 LHR-NCL throughout August

Originally DEP 2105, ARR 2215

New schedule is DEP 1920 ARR 2030
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:16 am

BA 274 on Aug 27 from LAS to LHR is cancelled. Was able to change to AA via DFW directly to FRA, which allows us to avoid LHR.

Only issue is that the original booking was in regular Economy, the new one is only in Basic Economy. I noticed as soon as the booking was updated and called. She was not able to fix it directy, but has forwarded the case to ticketing. What are the chances of this getting fixed relatively quickly?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
BA 0411 IBZ - LHR downgauge from A321 to 320 1st of August

The longer brother fell victim to the Amber list (or maybe Amber+ by then?)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
The early LHR-ORD flight has been changed to an A350 from a 787-10 for my flight at the end of August. The later ORD flight is a 789, which I managed to be rebooked on to.

Although I hold out very little hope at this stage of actually being on that flight.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
No more F on LHR to PHX in August or September (Restarts 9/27).
That being said I don't think the flight will operate anyway until PP gets revoked
LHR PHX now removed for August (Restarts 8/30 with no F) Obvisouly this will get pushed back weekly until things with the PP change
I'll have to change my updatesd to the Sept thread
aztimm and A P Yu like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
My flight in F to Hong Kong is cancelled in August (not that I’m going anywhere) and downgraded to club the next day. Looking at availability it seems that F is not available on some days.

I hope to use the new policy and kick this booking down the road by a year. I have personally written off 2021 for long haul and after my experience yesterday on LHR GLA, it might be best to avoid BA for a while yet.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
The early LHR-ORD flight has been changed to an A350 from a 787-10 for my flight at the end of August. The later ORD flight is a 789, which I managed to be rebooked on to.

Although I hold out very little hope at this stage of actually being on that flight.
You preferred the 789 to the A350?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.