Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!

Maybe a bit early and this thread could get lost - but changes to August timetable already.

BA396 28 Aug LHR-BRU cancelled and looks like a reduction to 2 flights a day all the way through September as well.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
oh no, after creating the May, June and July thread, vintagepilot was a combo-breaker

*checks his September schedule*
IMH, mikeyfly, LCSinTexas and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 8:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Maybe a bit early and this thread could get lost - but changes to August timetable already.

BA396 28 Aug LHR-BRU cancelled and looks like a reduction to 2 flights a day all the way through September as well.
Indeed the same has happened to me mid-September. I wonder if Brexit also has something to do with this as I would have thought that the amount of traffic to and fro the EU Commission would have fallen considerably
alex67500 and Speedbirdsouth like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
BA1466 17 Aug LHR-INV cancelled a few minutes ago. Looks like it's down to one flight per day (the BA1470 at 13:10).
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: British Airways
Not August but my flight from Inverness was moved from 7am to 11am on 11th September.

Appreciate it's very early days but can anyone shed some light on what normally happens? I'm due to connect to PHL at 12.40 which I'll miss. Would like avoid the additional taxes from Glasgow if possible!
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ld0595
Not August but my flight from Inverness was moved from 7am to 11am on 11th September.

Appreciate it's very early days but can anyone shed some light on what normally happens? I'm due to connect to PHL at 12.40 which I'll miss. Would like avoid the additional taxes from Glasgow if possible!
Was your INV flight cancelled and you are rebooked on a different flight, or is it the same flight number just retimed?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by KARFA
Was your INV flight cancelled and you are rebooked on a different flight, or is it the same flight number just retimed?
Rebooked onto a flight departing 11 which arrives 5 minutes after my Philadelphia flight departs. If it makes any difference, it's booked as a 2 for 1 as well.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ld0595
Rebooked onto a flight departing 11 which arrives 5 minutes after my Philadelphia flight departs. If it makes any difference, it's booked as a 2 for 1 as well.
Assuming you haven't accepted the rebooking, if it is a different flight number from your original you are allowed to shift to another departure point within 300 miles - which brings any of GLA/EDI/ABZ/NCL in to play. You can move without any additional charge. You would have to call to do this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA839 and BA823 departing DUB to LHR 1st of August just cancelled for me - Rebooked onto BA829, same day but different times.

I am assuming I can cancel for a cash refund now if I call up?
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by GabrielExea
BA839 and BA823 departing DUB to LHR 1st of August just cancelled for me - Rebooked onto BA829, same day but different times.

DUB down to 3x /day some days in Aug. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it cut further and them leave it to EI
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by GabrielExea

Yes, as long as you haven't accepted the change you should be able to get a refund. If it is a simple booking (no previous changes, vouchers etc) the cancellation email will probably arrive while you are on the phone and card refund pretty quick too. Refunds are possible via this BA form although I have not tried that route.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:24 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
BA1439 EDI-LHR also cancelled on at least 10 and 11 August. With customary helpfulness I was moved forward to BA1441 leaving me with 75 mins connection time at LHR rather than to the earlier flight.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by PZE
BA1439 EDI-LHR also cancelled on at least 10 and 11 August. With customary helpfulness I was moved forward to BA1441 leaving me with 75 mins connection time at LHR rather than to the earlier flight.
I got my cancellation too for BA1439 on the 10th. Changed it to LCY flight but this will probably be canned so might well end up on the 1441.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:34 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
*checks his September schedule*
Sorry, but while you were busy checking I got mail from BA and had to start this:

September 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
Sorry, but while you were busy checking I got mail from BA and had to start this:

September 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
do you want me to create the threads for the next 12 months without any acutal cancellation? cause thats how you get me to create the threads for the next 12 months without any acutal cancellation
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.