Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by dcmike
So my Aug 20 LHR-KEF and my AUG 29 KEF-LHR were both just canceled. Five bookings in 2021, all five canceled. Refunds requested for each.

So my fourth booking which was canceled three weeks ago still shows up in MMB. Should I be concerned, even though I've already received the refund?
Same here for 13-22 August. Cancelled yesterday. The schedule seems to have been reduced to x3 weekly.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
If I remember correctly from my cancelled booking from earlier in the year, it will continue to show on your list of upcoming trips until the flight date has passed.
Indeed. Most annoying is that it will also generate notifications which could be quite unsettling if a flight on your active booking is on a later date. I had a panic attack when BA app annonced a final call on a flight I was to take the next day.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG
FRA/STR-LHR has been zeroed for first week of August, on top of recent cancellations for 7am flight from FRA. BA almost unusable to Germany from rest of world.
adrianlondon and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
All Turkey routes cancelled until 7 August as well.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Gdańsk, Cluj, Wroclaw and Riga gone for the first week of August too. This seems very counterintuitive when the government have effectively moved Amber nations to Green for fully vaccinated travellers.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Gdańsk, Cluj, Wroclaw and Riga gone for the first week of August too. This seems very counterintuitive when the government have effectively moved Amber nations to Green for fully vaccinated travellers.
Presumably a large chunk of these routes would be for inbound travel where today’s announcement has absolutely no impact whatsoever.
A P Yu likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by oneworldglobetrotter
Presumably a large chunk of these routes would be for inbound travel where today’s announcement has absolutely no impact whatsoever.
I also just noticed that Poland, Romania and Austria have kept the ‘All but essential travel’ advice. Now that may change but other Amber countries have seen that dropped.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
All Turkey routes cancelled until 7 August as well.
Strangely, while LHR-IST is zeroed out for 2AUG-6AUG, IST-LHR still seems to be available
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Strangely, while LHR-IST is zeroed out for 2AUG-6AUG, IST-LHR still seems to be available
I just realized the same thing; probably some at BA IT either skipped that or maybe they are waiting for the 15 July update of the green/amber/red lists.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I just realized the same thing; probably some at BA IT either skipped that or maybe they are waiting for the 15 July update of the green/amber/red lists.
IST-LHR is zeroed out on 7AUG, so I'd guess this was a fatfinger of some sort - seems unlikely to me that a flight from a red list country would be truly sold out one week after service restarts.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by spgaston
FRA/STR-LHR has been zeroed for first week of August, on top of recent cancellations for 7am flight from FRA. BA almost unusable to Germany from rest of world.
+ Austria & France, my status will suffer this year! Apart from Spain & Greece it feels like there is no European flight programme...
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duck1981
+ Austria & France, my status will suffer this year! Apart from Spain & Greece it feels like there is no European flight programme...
+ Turkey since January. At least I fly American Airlines & Alaska a decent amount where I could maintain my status.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: GGLfL
JFK was reduced to x4 daily flights a week ago for August. The late 1950 LHR-JFK and returning 0755 being amongst the flights culled.
I understand that further cuts are in progress, reducing it again to x2 daily throughout August, with only the 1120/1800 going out and the 1830/2300 returning. If you are not on those, expect to get cancellations shortly.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:50 am

AA finally admitted that my ATL-LHR routes operated by BA in August (BA226 on the 4th and BA227 on the 15th) were canceled--a week later and only after I called them and told them.

Rebooked on an AA-operated route through LHR with the last legs to/from ATH on BA-operated flights (BA636 and BA623). Any insights or predictions on whether those LHR-ATH routes will ultimately operate?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:35 am

BA LHR to PHX pushed back another week, for about the 7th time. Now restarts August 16th - Ha ha, no way will US UK be open by then. US has a problem with Delta Variant and now Delta Plus, no one in their right mind woud open up travel to US citizens when its impossible to know if they are vaccinated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.