Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:50 pm

Had BA293 to IAD cancelled so we've switched m to BA175 to JFK. Complicated that my wife and I are on a companion voucher and our daughter is on a paid ticket but managed to get this switched after an hour long call with BA.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:50 pm

Deleted due to duplicate post

Last edited by LucasD81; Jul 6, 2021 at 3:52 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
NAP has been shredded for August with cancellations and now one flight a day in the very late evening (NAP-LHR).

I'd like to hope that if/when Italian law changes on quarantine, BA change it.

M
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
LHR-BJV down from x3 weekly to x2 weekly
LHR-AYT down from x1 daily to x4 weekly

For August,

If Turkey remains on the red list, I suppose these routes would be cancelled for the first half of August.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
BA 165 LHR-TLV cancelled for 01/08 and it looks that they will be doing only the evening flight early August.... had enough of vouchers and requested refund, bought a ticket on VS, better flight times to and from TLV, I am afraid I don't want to have to get up at 4 am to come back or arrive just after midnight.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Just had a mail that BA731 GVA-LHR was canned on 30/08 (Bank Holiday Monday). Rebooked on a flight 4 hours earlier, just before midday. Bummer for a long weekend...
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BA silver,
BA1446 LHR-EDI 12:50 dep on 10/8 cancelled today. Earlier flight offered or refund.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:40 am

September BA flts from/to both YVR and YUL in September seem increasingly unlikely view Canada's ongoing Tourist Ban----unless someone knows something to the contrary----long-booked 2for1's almost worthless unless BA routes everyone via YYZ-------but at whose expense?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
BA have just reduced their DME flights frequency in August from daily to 5 flights a week (Mon-Thu + Sat), which is still an increase from 3 flights a week now. Schedule still shows A320 metal, fingers crossed they are switching to B777/B788 closer to the dates.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
So my Aug 20 LHR-KEF and my AUG 29 KEF-LHR were both just canceled. Five bookings in 2021, all five canceled. Refunds requested for each.

So my fourth booking which was canceled three weeks ago still shows up in MMB. Should I be concerned, even though I've already received the refund?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dcmike
So my Aug 20 LHR-KEF and my AUG 29 KEF-LHR were both just canceled. Five bookings in 2021, all five canceled. Refunds requested for each.

So my fourth booking which was canceled three weeks ago still shows up in MMB. Should I be concerned, even though I've already received the refund?
Same happened to me. I cancelled my BA Holiday to Malta last week and have received a refund, but the booking is still active with a ticket number.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Same happened to me. I cancelled my BA Holiday to Malta last week and have received a refund, but the booking is still active with a ticket number.
I actually just clicked on the booking for the first time since canceling it and it says "We're processing a refund for this booking" - still in MMB which is a pain, but doesn't seem to be an issue.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC
I actually just clicked on the booking for the first time since canceling it and it says "We're processing a refund for this booking" - still in MMB which is a pain, but doesn't seem to be an issue.
Ah well at least you’re sorted. I’m in a weird limbo 😂
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

If I remember correctly from my cancelled booking from earlier in the year, it will continue to show on your list of upcoming trips until the flight date has passed.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
If I remember correctly from my cancelled booking from earlier in the year, it will continue to show on your list of upcoming trips until the flight date has passed.
yes and this is annoying. very very very annoying
binman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.