Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:52 pm

St Lucia

My BA200 uvf-lhr cancelled 10th August. I think the whole run of Heathrow St Lucia flights gone.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Quite agree and feel the same about my usual route - MIA.
BA still have a 2 x daily 77W (207) and now A350 (209) scheduled for August.
I can’t think for a minute that these 2 rotations will stick, with the daily AA 77W plying the route too.

One of the reasons why I bagged the AA seats in F rather than BA207, which I reckon will get canned in due course.
BA 207 will get cancelled I'm sure as it has already been in July. If you don't think you'll end up travelling then this is the fight to change to if you want to get a refund rather than an FTV i reckon
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Phlyer2
It seems DXB now restarting 9 August - but only one per day (BA105).through to end of August. I wouldn't put money on it happening.
Yeah so I was booked on the daytime flight to dxb. As it’s cancelled will I be allowed to move my booking to any date in the future, even though there is still an evening flight ?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by luitje
BA have just zeroed out availability of their BA52/53 (LHR-SEA) flights for the entire August. Guess this is a sure sign it's gonna be cancelled first thing tomorrow morning.
Our BA 49 (LHR-SEA) for mid July is still showing, though expert flyer shows zero seats. What's the likelyhood of this being cancelled? We already had to book the outbound on Delta - am now sad that I just didn't do a RT on Delta....

All morning departures, except FCO, from Italy (VCE, LIN, FLR) to LHR have been cancelled.

Last edited by QT31415; Jul 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by QT31415
Our BA 49 (LHR-SEA) for mid July is still showing, though expert flyer shows zero seats. What's the likelyhood of this being cancelled?
You might want to check you don't select USA as a Point of sale in expert flyer. BA49 has been operating every other day since May (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun) with pretty good loads, so odds of it being cancelled are quite low. Actually BA is planning on changing its frequency to a daily in August.
QT31415 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Probably more and more BA flight cancelations across the pond will be announced in August and September:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/us-u...likely-to-end/
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:32 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Waggy
BA 207 will get cancelled I'm sure as it has already been in July. If you don't think you'll end up travelling then this is the fight to change to if you want to get a refund rather than an FTV i reckon
I need to travel on that day in August (or a couple of days either side), so that is the main reason I plumped for the AA39 rather than BA207, as I am pretty confident the first BA flight will get the chop in due course.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Looks like my dxb flight in August so no longer for sale, but I’ve not had a cancellation and it’s still in my booking section with seats held etc. Any thoughts kn what this means ?
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Yeah so I was booked on the daytime flight to dxb. As it’s cancelled will I be allowed to move my booking to any date in the future, even though there is still an evening flight ?
You can no longer book a flight if there is no availability, so when all booking classes are zeroed this is what happens.

However, at that stage the flight has not yet been cancelled. Sometimes, BA zeroes a flight simply as a way to take it off sale until it has a better idea of whether or not it will make sense to operate it; if the decision is later that the flight will operate after all, availability is put back in. But on other occasions, zeroing the flight is just the first step in the process that leads to cancellation.

It's impossible to know for sure which alternative it is, until BA either cancels the flight or puts availability back in. So there is always an element of guessing, educated or otherwise. In the case of the JNB flights that I've been watching, I'm pretty confident that I'm right about it being a forthcoming cancellation, but it's still a guess.

If you want to move flights right away, before your flight is actually formally cancelled, you'd have to ask BA whether or not it will allow you to do this. You may have to wait until there is a formal cancellation - but if you want to move dates entirely, you may lose little by waiting especially as a formal cancellation gives you more rights.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Quite agree and feel the same about my usual route - MIA.
BA still have a 2 x daily 77W (207) and now A350 (209) scheduled for August.
I can’t think for a minute that these 2 rotations will stick, with the daily AA 77W plying the route too.

One of the reasons why I bagged the AA seats in F rather than BA207, which I reckon will get canned in due course.
We just got notification yesterday that our BA208 in August has a cabin change (downgrade from F to CW) which is due to the aircraft switch to A350.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can no longer book a flight if there is no availability, so when all booking classes are zeroed this is what happens.

However, at that stage the flight has not yet been cancelled. Sometimes, BA zeroes a flight simply as a way to take it off sale until it has a better idea of whether or not it will make sense to operate it; if the decision is later that the flight will operate after all, availability is put back in. But on other occasions, zeroing the flight is just the first step in the process that leads to cancellation.

It's impossible to know for sure which alternative it is, until BA either cancels the flight or puts availability back in. So there is always an element of guessing, educated or otherwise. In the case of the JNB flights that I've been watching, I'm pretty confident that I'm right about it being a forthcoming cancellation, but it's still a guess.

If you want to move flights right away, before your flight is actually formally cancelled, you'd have to ask BA whether or not it will allow you to do this. You may have to wait until there is a formal cancellation - but if you want to move dates entirely, you may lose little by waiting especially as a formal cancellation gives you more rights.

Many thanks for this detailed reply! The cancellation come through this morning so will now call and move back to later in the year
Globaliser and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Jnb 28/8/21 just cancelled (BA57)
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:59 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
We just got notification yesterday that our BA208 in August has a cabin change (downgrade from F to CW) which is due to the aircraft switch to A350.
BA will move you (space available) to the AA38 if you want to fly in F (AA Flagship First - I personally don’t mind it, but I’d never pay good money for it) - or take the Club Suite on BA. Be careful accepting the offered BA206 flight as this is likely to be cancelled too, and they will probably bung you on the 208 anyway.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:26 am

Another day, another cancellation

My BA213 to BOS on 2nd Aug gone
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:29 am

What are the chances of BA274 from LAS to LHR getting cancelled on August 27? As connecting in LHR still comes with a few requirements, I would not mind them rebooking me to an AA flight via DFW or CLT. Final destination is FRA.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Alex71
What are the chances of BA274 from LAS to LHR getting cancelled on August 27? As connecting in LHR still comes with a few requirements, I would not mind them rebooking me to an AA flight via DFW or CLT. Final destination is FRA.
If the Presidential Proclamation on the US side is not lifted within the next 3-4 weeks, I think that this flight has a 95%+ chance of being cancelled.
By the way, AA also cancelled CLT-FRA for the remainder of the summer season thus your best option would be to rerouted through DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.