Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Flight BA2550 LHR-AGP on 27/08 cancelled - and rebooked to later flight on 28/08 !! Not ideal, shall see if I can self manage a better option..

edit to add... storm in a tea cup, could rebook myself for same day flight within one hour ! Not sure why it offered such a different flight but hey ho
The flight they booked you on would possibly have had cheaper booking classes available on it.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 13901
That's not fully correct. 5 days apply unless you are vaccinated.

Self quote from the Italy subforum:

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Green passport" enforced from Aug 8. How can US citizens get one?

(if anyone is a lawyer and speaks/reads Italian please fact check me).
That's incorrect. Self isolation applies regardless of your vaccination status.
VSLover and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
That's incorrect. Self isolation applies regardless of your vaccination status.
For Brits. For Americans, Canadians and Japanese I believe that the current exemption through the "Covid tested" flights remains.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
LHR - CAG so far cancelled for 23-25 Aug. Everything before then had been cancelled already.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
BA1399 MAN to LHR cancelled on the 28th August.

Though I haven't had a cancellation email yet, just a your seat has been changed.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:26 am

Looks like LHR to EDI is now properly broken for Tuesdays in August, with other days impacted too...
Old Aug 1, 2021, 7:55 am

Quick question, assuming they've cancelled on me / rescheduled but I've not approved the change yet... how much time before the flight before they just assume I'm not going and refund me?

For instance, if my flight is 05th August at 14:00, could I call on the 04th of August at like, 13:00 to re-schedule? I want to leave it as long as possible in the vain hope that the rules will change. Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:22 am

Hello! My flight to Lisbon at end of Aug has just been cancelled. The only option it's giving me for an alternative is one at 7.30am but not sure I'd be able to make that one, living in deepest (well, very slightly deep) south London. On the BA website, there are other flights with a BA code but are with Iberia via Madrid. Does anyone know if I'd be able to fly on one of those instead, if maybe I phoned or suchlike? Did try to call but was told to try again later.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by RG1X
Quick question, assuming they've cancelled on me / rescheduled but I've not approved the change yet... how much time before the flight before they just assume I'm not going and refund me?

For instance, if my flight is 05th August at 14:00, could I call on the 04th of August at like, 13:00 to re-schedule? I want to leave it as long as possible in the vain hope that the rules will change. Thanks.
They might contact you if you havent approved the change
Or they may assume you are wanting to travel and could mark you as a No Show if you dont turn up
Id deffo contact them BEFORE youre due to travel as sorting processes out after certain assumptions have been made can be a ball ache
RE: When to call - Just remember to leave sufficient time to be able to call a number of times as when you want to call THEY may not want to answer. A few people ahve reported not being able to get through, so leave sufficient time to account for that
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
They might contact you if you havent approved the change
RE: When to call - Just remember to leave sufficient time to be able to call a number of times as when you want to call THEY may not want to answer. A few people ahve reported not being able to get through, so leave sufficient time to account for that
Thanks. I'm just trying to make sure I can (safely) leave it as long as possible before the flight before deciding... and from what you're saying it seems like 24 hours should be fine.

I have to decide a bit before that anyway as I have hotels that need cancelling.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
My turn with a similar problem.

We have return Avios flights to Porto, in CE, with companion voucher, at the end of August.

BA have cancelled them. But we still need to travel, so need re-routing.

Aside from the low cost airlines, the only option with business class is TAP.

Given we know that:
1) We have the right to have BA transfer us to TAP in Business
2) BA will absolutely refuse to do so

What is our best course of action after I phone up and BA refuse?

(The TAP business flights are prohibitively expensive by the way and there is no Iberia alternative except a long layover in Madrid).

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
My turn with a similar problem.

We have return Avios flights to Porto, in CE, with companion voucher, at the end of August.

BA have cancelled them. But we still need to travel, so need re-routing.

Aside from the low cost airlines, the only option with business class is TAP.

Given we know that:
1) We have the right to have BA transfer us to TAP in Business
2) BA will absolutely refuse to do so

What is our best course of action after I phone up and BA refuse?

(The TAP business flights are prohibitively expensive by the way and there is no Iberia alternative except a long layover in Madrid).

Thanks!
I would switch whichever of the flights that are not cancelled to LIS and take the train or hire a car if you chose to change both. This is, of course, in the event that they will not switch you to TAP.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I would switch whichever of the flights that are not cancelled to LIS and take the train or hire a car if you chose to change both. This is, of course, in the event that they will not switch you to TAP.
Thanks. Yes, I did look at that, but at nearly 4 hours on public transport each way it seemed excessive when I can just go on TAP directly, if I can only get BA to obey the law.
PUCCI GALORE and nwflyboy like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:24 am

We are set to fly LHR-FCO end of August on AA issued ticket, currently shows two flights for sale, but I'm very apprehensive they will operate. Have BA been operating Italy flights with loads in the teens or quite sure to be cancelled in the next few days?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by freebeernwine
We are set to fly LHR-FCO end of August on AA issued ticket, currently shows two flights for sale, but I'm very apprehensive they will operate. Have BA been operating Italy flights with loads in the teens or quite sure to be cancelled in the next few days?
the short haul programme is quite busy as many rotations have already been cancelled. There are over 100 booked on tomorrow’s FCO and today’s flight had 116 on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.