Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:59 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by freebeernwine
We are set to fly LHR-FCO end of August on AA issued ticket, currently shows two flights for sale, but I'm very apprehensive they will operate. Have BA been operating Italy flights with loads in the teens or quite sure to be cancelled in the next few days?
sorry. Wrong quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by S_W_S
BA1399 MAN to LHR cancelled on the 28th August.

Though I haven't had a cancellation email yet, just a your seat has been changed.
Chatted with Amex to change this to GLA-LHR earlier and was first told it was simply a schedule change so no changes, then they relented and agreed there was a cancellation but came back with a price of £44 to pay quoting the book with confidence policy and that fare difference was payable.
The chat ended with them saying they'd call BA Trade support tomorrow and email me to let me know if they BA would agree to a free change or not.
I said to myself I wouldn't use agents again, but the £50 credit back was too tempting.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
All Turkey routes axed until 30 August 2021.
There are rumors around that Turkey would go back to the amber list on the next update or transits would be permitted through IST, etc... but I don't think BA cares about that.
zymm likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Hi there, I normally post in the AA forum. I am scheduled to fly a hybrid trip with AA and BA. I purchased my ticket thru AA and my GF purchased hers thru BA.
BA cancels our flight. She gets an email. Nothing comes to me. I go onto my AA and BA apps and sure enough the flight is cancelled. No offer to help. No new flight scheduled, just cancelled. In the past, if AA cancelled they offered me an alternative. Is this normal for BA? Also, I have the highest status on AA I have NOTHING on BA.
Luckily, thru one world we got routed with Iberia and thru MAD vs LHR.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tomj888
Hi there, I normally post in the AA forum. I am scheduled to fly a hybrid trip with AA and BA. I purchased my ticket thru AA and my GF purchased hers thru BA.
BA cancels our flight. She gets an email. Nothing comes to me. I go onto my AA and BA apps and sure enough the flight is cancelled. No offer to help. No new flight scheduled, just cancelled. In the past, if AA cancelled they offered me an alternative. Is this normal for BA? Also, I have the highest status on AA I have NOTHING on BA.
Luckily, thru one world we got routed with Iberia and thru MAD vs LHR.
It might take up to a week for the AA system to catch a BA cancellation due to both airlines using different systems. This is a known Sabre-Amadeus issue.
Also AA is known not to send schedule change/cancellation e-mails.

At least you had status on AA so that they did rebook you on another flight without seeing the cancellation on their side. If you didn't had AAdvantage EXP status, the call center agents would kindly asked you to wait until they see the cancellation on their side. AA is likely to do goodwill gestures to their EXP and CK members.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Yes, that's exactly what happened. Granted it took two hours and a few calls to get done, but it did get done. In addition, my routing changed for the worse. Lost out on FC from LAX-LHR. Got two SWU's back as I passed on FC on LAX-MIA. and IB has no first class on A333. Lastly on the good side, we are connecting in LIS to FUN we arrive an hour earlier so I won't stress about missed connection.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
My turn with a similar problem.

We have return Avios flights to Porto, in CE, with companion voucher, at the end of August.

BA have cancelled them. But we still need to travel, so need re-routing.

Aside from the low cost airlines, the only option with business class is TAP.

Given we know that:
1) We have the right to have BA transfer us to TAP in Business
2) BA will absolutely refuse to do so

What is our best course of action after I phone up and BA refuse?

(The TAP business flights are prohibitively expensive by the way and there is no Iberia alternative except a long layover in Madrid).

Thanks!
Did you have any joy re getting BA to reroute you with TAP? Would love them to do the same with my cancelled Lisbon flight. But am assuming it’s a no-go.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
BRU service is now scheduled to resume from 30th August.
I want to see if this actually happens...
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Did you have any joy re getting BA to reroute you with TAP? Would love them to do the same with my cancelled Lisbon flight. But am assuming it’s a no-go.
Not yet, but the return flight on 30 Aug is the first day yet to be cancelled. Going to wait for that to happen (I assume in the coming days) then I’ll call.
Will let you know the outcome!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:23 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
After waiting to see if the LUX flights would be canned, I went and cancelled the trip for the end of August LUX-MIA//BOS-LHR-BRU. I then took it into my head to book on the latest price reduced to get to ORD. The credit from the original flight has been traded off against the new flights, BA booked and held NCE-LHR-ORD//BOS-LHR-NCE for me. £972 each.

I discovered just now that the LUX flights 25 Aug have now been cancelled until 31st Aug. It makes no difference but a refund to my card would have been easier although I note that others refunds are still not in my account despite being cancelled last Sunday, It seems to be slow again in the Refunds Department
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
BA1499 GLA-LHR 28 August retimed from 13:20 to 08:15.
Suffice to say I'll be pestering Amex to move it again.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
BA moved me from my 10am AMS-LHR flight (which got cancelled) to another one at 11:35am. Is that enough to trigger a 300-mile request to depart from another location?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wp_kid
BA moved my AMS-LHR flight from a 10am (which got cancelled) to 11:35am. Is that enough to trigger a 300-mile request to depart from another location?
If the flight number has changed, yes, you could change the origin within 300 miles radius.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If the flight number has changed, yes, you could change the origin within 300 miles radius.
Thanks for the quick input! I know things change by the day, but Netherlands on CDC Level 4 makes me lean on leaving from elsewhere (i.e. Germany)

Last edited by wp_kid; Aug 6, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by wp_kid
Thanks for the quick input! I know things change by the day, but Netherlands on CDC Level 4 makes me lean on leaving from elsewhere (i.e. Germany)
Just curious, but why the concern?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.