Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shadowline
Is there anything I can do in advance to get my Al Hosn app set up? Flying in from the UK for a packed itinerary for 2 and a half weeks and don't want test delays delaying my plans!
Download the ICA app on your phone, I think you then upload vaccination certificate there and then download the Al Hosn app from there and that is about as much preparation as you can do. Being a UAE resident, this was all setup and linked for me already, so sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit: think link should help you out with all the info

https://tcaabudhabi.ae/en/media.cent...mber.2021.aspx
shadowline likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
BA has just added a new Dubai rotation between 8/12 and 8/1.

WIDE OPEN for Avios seats over Christmas and New Year at the time of writing.

More here (my article): https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...pen-for-avios/

The A380 is also now showing in the timetable from early December.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:31 am

Great info - helped get me back in First

Originally Posted by Raffles
BA has just added a new Dubai rotation between 8/12 and 8/1.

WIDE OPEN for Avios seats over Christmas and New Year at the time of writing.

More here (my article): https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...pen-for-avios/

The A380 is also now showing in the timetable from early December.
Thanks so much for this info (which I read on the HfP Twitter page). I was in first for a flight just before Christmas but got downgraded due to an aircraft change with no further first availability for a suitable date at point of downgrade. But I called today after reading your article and got put back onto first, and on an A380 too. I'd encourage others in a similar boat to do the same quickly.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any news as to when the lounge is reopening at DXB?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Any news as to when the lounge is reopening at DXB?
Fingers crossed for tomorrow (doubt it) as I fly back. Flying from T1, do BA passengers get directed to a third party lounge?

BTW if anyone is travelling to Dubai in the next few months, the Expo is well worth the entry fee.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Fingers crossed for tomorrow (doubt it) as I fly back. Flying from T1, do BA passengers get directed to a third party lounge?

BTW if anyone is travelling to Dubai in the next few months, the Expo is well worth the entry fee.
Hi,

I belive per the covid lounge thread , the third party lounge is the Marhaba lounge

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I belive per the covid lounge thread , the third party lounge is the Marhaba lounge

Regards

TBS
It is, and located immediately opposite the BA Lounge.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum

Agree, the Expo is much better than expected. Have a look at the mobility pavilion.

And the German pavilion was our favorite; just because of the swing action at the end.

The VR experience at the EK pavilion is also worth a try (you need to pre book your entry though)

D
Old Oct 7, 2021, 4:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Agree, the Expo is much better than expected. Have a look at the mobility pavilion.

And the German pavilion was our favorite; just because of the swing action at the end.

The VR experience at the EK pavilion is also worth a try (you need to pre book your entry though)

D
Is a day long enough? We've got a free ticket coutesy of Emirates, but it looks huge.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Is a day long enough? We've got a free ticket coutesy of Emirates, but it looks huge.
You can do a good chunk of it in a day. But given how big it is the challenge is walking across the place in the midday heat. Brutal, especially with the mask mandate.

that said I hear many tourists also visit in the evenings as different pavilions have different events. The water display is much better in the evening. A day pass is 20aed, its not much at all.
DYKWIA and Loungeabout like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can do a good chunk of it in a day. But given how big it is the challenge is walking across the place in the midday heat. Brutal, especially with the mask mandate.

that said I hear many tourists also visit in the evenings as different pavilions have different events. The water display is much better in the evening. A day pass is 20aed, its not much at all.
Thanks. We'll be there in December, so the heat shouldn't be much of an issue.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
A day pass is 20aed, its not much at all.
I'm assuming you meant 20 gbp... if not where did you find it that cheap?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:45 am

What chance of extra CW reward seats being added for late Jan/early Feb flights?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Beergander
What chance of extra CW reward seats being added for late Jan/early Feb flights?
We have an AVIOS CW return booking for 2 to DXB we are unlikely to take in late Jan as we have another booking to somewhere else that was until Monday on the red list. Once we are sure the other booking is happening we will release it. I'm sure we are not the only ones with parallel bookings so keep an eye out!
Beergander likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:59 am

Fingers crossed then, our trip is for a big anniversary so wanted to make it a big more special if possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.