BA & Dubai

Old Oct 3, 21, 8:34 am

We went through First wing check in on 1 Oct for LHR - DXB with VeriFLY checked; but not asked for the PCR certificates.

At DXB the certificates were genuinely scrutinised by the staff before getting on the train (dates and that passports matched). Not sure if the same rigour was applied to everyone or just because we were first off (suspect unlikely as that’d have ended up taking ages).

Immigration was dead so little point having Marhaba but helpful nonetheless collecting bags, SIM and helping find our driver.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 21, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Starship73 View Post
We’ve just booked LHR-DXB return for mid-November in WTP for Ł666 pp. Now keeping fingers crossed for a POUG…
If you don’t mind a bit of a detour, Finnair are selling business class fares from HEL to Dubai for around Ł640 from early November on their A350.
HB7 and babyg_wc like this.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Oct 3, 21 at 11:57 am
Old Oct 3, 21, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
If you don’t mind a bit of a detour, Finnair are selling business class fares from HEL to Dubai for around Ł640 from early November on their A350.
And if you want to stick with BA, and want less of a detour, the are some great fares from France ATM (these were almost everywhere in Europe but only active in France now), circa Ł1000

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/Y7iW
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 21, 3:06 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by jamesreid978 View Post
Arriving in Dubai, phone copy will be fine. For Heathrow check-in, I am not sure. I haven't flown BA or form LHR to DXB for a while.
For Heathrow check in the lady knew I had VeriFly tick without me having to show her - I printed off my copy but so far haven’t shown it to anyone!

Aks120
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 21, 3:46 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Anyone any experience on arriving to DXB on the day flight, arrival around 00:20 and being able to get a PCR test to allow a green status on Al Hosn app, as will be heading to Abu Dhabi as well as just Dubai.
Old Oct 4, 21, 4:27 am

Programs: Ba gold
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
So I used the Randox 1-3 Hours Express test and VeriFly accepted it within seconds for my flight to Dubai tomorrow. All very easy and highly recommended to be honest - they are not much more than the 24 hour tests and I got mine back within an hour and a half of my test! RT-PCT.

We will see how tomorrow goes at check in!

aks120
Old Oct 4, 21, 4:28 am

Could I please check , do you get a QR code on your results certificate, thanks DC
Old Oct 4, 21, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Yes There was a QR code on the certificate although it didn’t work for VeriFly, I had to upload the certificate.

aks120
Old Oct 4, 21, 5:55 am

Great , thanks aks120
Old Oct 4, 21, 4:03 pm

So I am now in my hotel in Dubai after a very painless arrival - man checking that you had a PCR test but not checking names - this was all done in a rush before getting on the train and everybody had paper certificates which made it easier.

Quick passport check, no one took the form you get on board and told to fill in.

Completely hassle free for me tonight. Let’s see how the return goes on Sat!

aks120
Old Oct 4, 21, 10:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Anyone any experience on arriving to DXB on the day flight, arrival around 00:20 and being able to get a PCR test to allow a green status on Al Hosn app, as will be heading to Abu Dhabi as well as just Dubai.
The Al Hosn app is very good for updating as soon as the test result for a PCR test is available. I am sure there are cases where it may not work, but every time I have had a PCR test here, it automatically links to my EID as you give this info when booking PCR (Assume it is the same for passport numbers for non-residents).

I have used drive thru tests in the past for 150 aed, but more recently using home ones instead through justlife (previously justmop) app, these are 169 aed, definitely worth the extra 4 quid.
Old Oct 5, 21, 3:51 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by jamesreid978 View Post
The Al Hosn app is very good for updating as soon as the test result for a PCR test is available. I am sure there are cases where it may not work, but every time I have had a PCR test here, it automatically links to my EID as you give this info when booking PCR (Assume it is the same for passport numbers for non-residents).

I have used drive thru tests in the past for 150 aed, but more recently using home ones instead through justlife (previously justmop) app, these are 169 aed, definitely worth the extra 4 quid.
Thanks for the info, my mail issue is I land at DXB late and want to try and get a test before heading to the airport hotel for the night, so wondered if the onsite testing at DXB would do the trick and if you need to book this somewhere?
Old Oct 5, 21, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the info, my mail issue is I land at DXB late and want to try and get a test before heading to the airport hotel for the night, so wondered if the onsite testing at DXB would do the trick and if you need to book this somewhere?
I see, apologies I am not sure about the on-site testing. Nearly everywhere is walk in (or drive in) and more than likely 24/7 so you don't book. I know there is airside testing, but I think this is only for arrivals from certain countries where they make you take an arrival test, before passing through immigration. I doubt you can just use this for a test when the requirement isn't there. I don't know of any other on-site testing, but there probably is this available land side, but I am not sure.
Old Oct 5, 21, 5:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold

You can get a PCR in DXB terminal 3 departures level landside, next to Costa coffee. If you land in DXB just take the escalator upstairs from arrivals and you cant miss it next to Costa.
Results are usually within 3 hours.

Im not aware of any testing site landside in T1.
The mandatory PCR on arrival testing area in T1 is airside before immigration, its clearly sign posted, you take escalator down 1 level, its very well organised. They scan passport and take phone number. So this would certainly give you a green tick pass in Al Hosn app, as its linked to your EID or passport. Whilst its not mandatory to take one from UK, i dont see any reason why you couldnt just walk in.
Old Oct 5, 21, 12:40 pm

Is there anything I can do in advance to get my Al Hosn app set up? Flying in from the UK for a packed itinerary for 2 and a half weeks and don't want test delays delaying my plans!

Search this Thread