BA & Dubai

Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Chances are you'll be fine. Randox home test certificates are waved through for the most part.

BUT - if you were to get a particularly vigiliant agent at check in, or an immigration officer at DXB having a bad day, then you're not getting on your flight or potentially being turned around when you get there. So, personally it's not worth the risk for me.
I don't see how that would be possible? The Randox certificate doesn't state anywhere where the sample was collected but does clearly state it was an RT-PCR analysed in laboratory.
Rim1 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 2002ad
I don't see how that would be possible? The Randox certificate doesn't state anywhere where the sample was collected but does clearly state it was an RT-PCR analysed in laboratory.
This is my concern, was about to book Randox but it doesn't state if it was collected or a self swab!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
I really cannot understand how people are more than happy to spend £100s or even £1000s on their holiday to Dubai and yet want to save a few £10s in home testing. The rules say home testing not allowed...so just go and get a proper a PCR test done. Chances are 95% of the time you'll be fine...but if you get caught out then you only hav yourselves to blame !!

Happy holidays
Ryanfozzie, Duck1981 and MatJarosz like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kosy91
I really cannot understand how people are more than happy to spend £100s or even £1000s on their holiday to Dubai and yet want to save a few £10s in home testing. The rules say home testing not allowed...so just go and get a proper a PCR test done. Chances are 95% of the time you'll be fine...but if you get caught out then you only hav yourselves to blame !!

Happy holidays
Just to clarify I am more than happy to go for an in person swap taken by a professional (that was my plan all along). Just want to check that the provider I go with states it was a test taken and not a self administered one, which it seems Randox do not.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I used my Randox certificate at DXB last week without issue. They barely looked at it at the D gates transfer train (where the check generally takes place) and wasn’t asked at the border. My certificate did say the testing location so I'm not sure what that would say for an at home test. It was more scrutinised at LHR.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:09 pm

Are Randox (£55, £65 or £90) and Collinson (£69 or £95) still best bet for Fit to fly pre-departure?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Just to clarify I am more than happy to go for an in person swap taken by a professional (that was my plan all along). Just want to check that the provider I go with states it was a test taken and not a self administered one, which it seems Randox do not.
​​​​​​​I didn't mean you but more generally the people who have been asking this question here repeatedly and on headforpoints.

FYI I did my test with doctap and it mentioned 'swab taken by a health professional'.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:34 pm

I didn't mean you but more generally the people who have been asking this question here repeatedly and on headforpoints.

FYI I did my test with doctap and it mentioned 'swab taken by a health professional'.
Thanks for the suggestion of 'Doctap'. I'm just as surprised as you at the amount of people who basically are happy to 'risk it' for the sake of a very small amount vs a holiday in the thousands!
kosy91 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:58 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All, I just wanted to confirm - do we need the testing agency/company to send a certificate or we can just print the copy we get issued? Also, is the 3-hour Collinson rapid PCR test suitable? Has anyone had any issues with these?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All, I just wanted to confirm - do we need the testing agency/company to send a certificate or we can just print the copy we get issued? Also, is the 3-hour Collinson rapid PCR test suitable? Has anyone had any issues with these?
You just need the negative test report

I used the Collinson test for dubai and i was fine

regards
HB7 and MatJarosz like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:07 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
You just need the negative test report

I used the Collinson test for dubai and i was fine

regards
But I need to print a physical copy right?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HB7
But I need to print a physical copy right?
A digital copy is fine, but you might find it expedient to take a hard (self printed) copy with you to show on arrival.
HB7, kosy91, Duck1981 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by HB7
Just make a picture of the first page of the certificate so you can find it easily on your Iphone etc so you don't depend on internet connection/ downloads etc....
aks120 and HB7 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I'm not an expert on testing. But as above, I wouldn't chance it to save £20. It would only take getting a bored agent to ask me to show my booking reference for the Randox test if the smart gates weren't working (for example).

Plus, I've had a quick look and there's a footnote on all my Randox results going back a few months with the following text:

Self-Collection kits are provided by Randox Health. All laboratory testing is referred to RCLS. This report shall not be reproduced except in full without approval of the issuing laboratory. All results apply to the samples as received at this laboratory. The test dates of all results will be between the collection date and report date stated within this report.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'm not an expert on testing. But as above, I wouldn't chance it to save £20. It would only take getting a bored agent to ask me to show my booking reference for the Randox test if the smart gates weren't working (for example).

Plus, I've had a quick look and there's a footnote on all my Randox results going back a few months with the following text:

Self-Collection kits are provided by Randox Health. All laboratory testing is referred to RCLS. This report shall not be reproduced except in full without approval of the issuing laboratory. All results apply to the samples as received at this laboratory. The test dates of all results will be between the collection date and report date stated within this report.
I'll report back what my 'Drive Through' Randox test certificate says when I get it. This is a test where they take the sample.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.