Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Spanish
De acuerdo for the Spanish line!
I was just wondering what the experience is like for Spanish speakers? I speak both English and Spanish and I find Iberia is normally way quicker in Spanish.
trolleymusic and Spanish like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:56 pm
isi

Bronze, Silver and Gold Executive Club Members: Please log in to your account to view your dedicated number.

Please choose a country from the drop down menu below to find the contact details of our worldwide offices.
Hong Kong – SAR of China By phone Tel: +852 3002 1208
Mon - Fri 0900 to 1800 hours

(lines are closed on public holidays)
Originally Posted by peteryu
Which number is that ?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:43 am

Just want to say thankyou for the tip of the Spanish call centre. Slightly ridiculous that it's easier to phone BA in spain than to get through to a human being on any of their UK numbers, but there we go.

Had two cancelled reward flights for which the cash got refunded to my card but the points didn't (>330,000 points in total, so enough that getting those back is pretty critical to my holiday plans).
2 hours and about 8 different calls to the UK numbers, no joy, either getting rejected, passed through to a number that just rang out, or on one particularly frustrating occasion being told to call back on a different number, and then being read the number I was already calling on.
1 call to the Spanish number, 5 minutes on hold, guy looked into it, found what was apparently the problem, fingers crossed I have my avios back in 24 hours.

If I never have to listen to that holding music again I will die happy. I think we can reserve a special circle of hell for whoever decided to have an automated message that interrupts the holding music and creates a second or two of silence so that you think someone is answering.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by CEGlasgow
If I never have to listen to that holding music again I will die happy. I think we can reserve a special circle of hell for whoever decided to have an automated message that interrupts the holding music and creates a second or two of silence so that you think someone is answering.
And just to twist the knife, frequent announcements telling you to go to BA.com and "BA.com is the one-stop solution to all your travel needs". And the way that woman says "Our" like "Ower".
Decca, DaveS, firstlight and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just ridiculous the current situation of the call center - Calling the EC Gold line.
05 april:
- waited about 15 mins got through to an agent, started providing my new flights. And halfway he had to check on something, placed on hold, and within 5 mins call was automatically cut off
- called in again and after another 15 mins, even selecting the correct options, was transferred to an the department handling Avios booking, was transferred and immediately was cut directly
- did another round of call, waited for > 30 mins without getting answered - had to give up as I had to attend a meeting

06 april:
- called early, still waited slightly > 30 mins, as I was providing the 2nd last segment, the call dropped of automatically
- called again and finally managed to the flights arranged and most importantly the call did not drop (although this time I did first make sure the agent would call me back if the call dropped).

Such a disaster situation.

Cheers!
RG1X likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CEGlasgow
Just want to say thankyou for the tip of the Spanish call centre. Slightly ridiculous that it's easier to phone BA in spain than to get through to a human being on any of their UK numbers, but there we go.

Had two cancelled reward flights for which the cash got refunded to my card but the points didn't (>330,000 points in total, so enough that getting those back is pretty critical to my holiday plans).
2 hours and about 8 different calls to the UK numbers, no joy, either getting rejected, passed through to a number that just rang out, or on one particularly frustrating occasion being told to call back on a different number, and then being read the number I was already calling on.
1 call to the Spanish number, 5 minutes on hold, guy looked into it, found what was apparently the problem, fingers crossed I have my avios back in 24 hours.

Sigh, Spanish line answered fast but they were unable to help me as I wanted to use a companion voucher to make a booking and I would need to call the UK number. Don't see why that would be the case, maybe they're cracking on to people ringing them.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:56 am

Well none of the promised avios are actually back in my account yet anyway, and I realised only one of the flights ever got cash refunded back to my card.

Last year when I got a refund off BA I ended up just having to do a chargeback on my amex to actually get the money. They moved a lot more quickly then!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:36 am

+1 for calling first thing, called Bronze line at 07.58 and immediately got through to a very knowledgeable agent in Newcastle to book an open jaw on a 241. All sorted by 08.12!
Anonba likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by LondonBoundSW8
Sigh, Spanish line answered fast but they were unable to help me as I wanted to use a companion voucher to make a booking and I would need to call the UK number. Don't see why that would be the case, maybe they're cracking on to people ringing them.
It will be answered by Bremen contact centre, who would only handle rest of Europe, but not UK Exec Club accounts
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by jackqu7
+1 for calling first thing, called Bronze line at 07.58 and immediately got through to a very knowledgeable agent in Newcastle to book an open jaw on a 241. All sorted by 08.12!
Likewise, called Silver line just before 08.00 and was surprised and pleased to get through in a few mins after going through the menu options. Spoke to delightful agent who was working from home in St Helens at the time. Having booked an outward CW 2-4-1 flight to Antigua for March 2023, I wanted to book the return - there were just two seats available. She dealt with my request swiftly and efficiently. Had the return sorted in 10-15 minutes. One satisfied customer who struck lucky I guess.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:57 am

I just called the UK number at 10.50am and was braced for an all-day marathon, got through in 3 mins, all done in 2 mins. Speechless.

Edit. Even more speechless now. I noticed that he had given me an FTV and the Avios hadn't appeared, so I called back and got through again in less than 5 mins. UK number, 11.39am. I'm pinching myself to see if this is a dream.

Last edited by JessicaB; Apr 12, 2022 at 4:39 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:31 am

I have managed to get through to the 0344 number, listed on ba.com as the go-to for enquiries about "refunds for holiday, hotel or car hire bookings" in under 5 minutes today (1200-1215 BST). However, twice I have been told that this is not the correct number for holiday booking enquiries or refunds and that ba.com is incorrect. I was directed to the 0208 number which, of course, tells me to bugger off. Given the problem about which I was enquiring was down to ba.com crashing on me before a booking completed (posted on the "Is ba.com down?" thread) and given that, at least as I was told, the website does not offer the correct contact number to resolve this issue, it appears that I am in BA purgatory.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I just called the UK number at 10.50am and was braced for an all-day marathon, got through in 3 mins, all done in 2 mins. Speechless.

Edit. Even more speechless now. I noticed that he had given me an FTV and the Avios hadn't appeared, so I called back and got through again in less than 5 mins. UK number, 11.39am. I'm pinching myself to see if this is a dream.
Note that you can apply for an FTV online, which will then be refunded around 7 days later to cash and Avios. See the BWC thread.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Not sure if this really goes here, but since sales team aren't reachable, I wondered whether anyone can clarify the following...

I am trying to book a revenue fare and an avois fare - same flights, same cabin, two different people in a household account.
If I book the revenue fare with a travel agent can I get the avois and TA booking linked with the PNR number?
I have tried to get the flights loaded in to BA (from Google) but the BA website just hangs, so can't book directly, although they do load on AA from google
Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What do you hope to do by linking?

You should be able to call up and to TCP the two bookings - this is just noting one booking in the other ones notes. After that you can do free seat selection across on to the other booking.

Which of the two bookings would you be on? I have a feeling if you are the TA booking you need to do the TCP and seat request via the TA possibly. There are instructions here for your TA https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...licies/seating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.