Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:20 am

Another huge shout out to the BA Executive Club in Spain (+34 910 50 75 50). After weeks of not getting anywhere with UK and USA lines and around 30 attempts, calls cut off after waiting the hour and a couple where I got through and was cut off mid call (and another which told me, after a 20 min conversation taking my FTV and details, that the system had put me through to the wrong department and then gave me the same number to call the correct one!); I have found the oasis of the Spanish team. Call answered in 5 mins (UK time is 11AM) and a super helpful person (speaking English... you get the option to choose the language during the initial choices) who really took the time to get everything sorted. Amazing service and a real object lesson in how the rest of the BA customer services should be run. Thanks to this forum too for pointing me in the right direction.
MaxFlyer and stephenjc like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Wow.

Everyone in change booking will try to assist with new bookings.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:17 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
It's correct that the two main Sales lines, in Newcastle and Delhi, are closed until 31May, so that our teams can prioritise supporting customers with existing bookings and queries. In particular, a large number from Sales will support the BA Holidays line, which we acknowledge has been difficult for customers to speak with in recent times.

The vast majority of new bookings can be done online, or through a travel agency, and this is what we are encouraging at this time.

Using vouchers, especially FTVs, are examples of new bookings which will still be supported offline, but through colleagues who don't work in the Sales environment.

Additional colleagues are supporting other phone lines, too, and along with the significant refunding of many FTVs (thus removing the need for those customers to call), we are looking to see an improvement very soon in the wait times.

Standard refund and reissue timescales are quite short at present, and have been for a while, so please do drop me a note if you have been waiting a couple of weeks, and i will chase it for you.

warm regards

BA Refund Helper
NickB, MaxFlyer, ExpatExp and 9 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Drum Drummy
Another huge shout out to the BA Executive Club in Spain (+34 910 50 75 50). After weeks of not getting anywhere with UK and USA lines and around 30 attempts, calls cut off after waiting the hour and a couple where I got through and was cut off mid call (and another which told me, after a 20 min conversation taking my FTV and details, that the system had put me through to the wrong department and then gave me the same number to call the correct one!); I have found the oasis of the Spanish team. Call answered in 5 mins (UK time is 11AM) and a super helpful person (speaking English... you get the option to choose the language during the initial choices) who really took the time to get everything sorted. Amazing service and a real object lesson in how the rest of the BA customer services should be run. Thanks to this forum too for pointing me in the right direction.
Yeah, I phoned Spain this morning to sort out my NZ flights, all done with zero hassle within about 5 minutes of me dialing the number. Missed the gentleman's name who dealt with my request, but he was great. I also like the way you have to enter your exec number to get access to the gold line.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
I called the US number 18/3/22 and had instant pick up (believe it was India). Talked to the CSR about my plans and they gave me the flights I needed. Start to finish 15 minutes.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
I called the US number 18/3/22 and had instant pick up (believe it was India). Talked to the CSR about my plans and they gave me the flights I needed. Start to finish 15 minutes.
You got lucky. I called the US Gold number mid afternoon (PST) today, was on hold for around 30 minutes, then was connected to an Indian call centre. Generally, my experience of the Indian call centre staff has been good but today was an all time low. A staff member who, I suspect, did not usually work on the Gold team and perhaps not even on sales/reservations. Roughly 1 hr 18 mins on the phone to make a minor date change (only) to UK domestic on a fully flexible Club Europe ticket.
BXK_Oz likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:59 am

called the UK gold line today at 0745, went through the initial automated phase, then straight through to a very helpful member of their team. Refreshingly pleasant experience.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have tried the Gold Line and various other numbers to use my FTV but they keep saying they are busy and cutting me off.

I want to use my voucher before it is converted to a refund.

Any way i can avoid getting the money refunded ?

It is £4000

I just want to rebook something
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by anniegray
I have tried the Gold Line and various other numbers to use my FTV but they keep saying they are busy and cutting me off.
I'm wondering if there is something else in here. Because BA got swamped by dealing with FTVs the contact centres are not easily contacted, particularly the BAEC area, as you are finding. So to get around this BA is offering a full refund, which thereby enables you to rebook online without using the contact centre. So this poses the question, what advantage does the FTV give you over a refund?
anniegray likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Called the Gold line at 17:10 earlier to change a cash flight only booking, took 5 attempts to get into the queue (2 mins of intro messages each time) then 17 mins to get through.

I mentioned on another thread, the agent couldn't find the policy I was referring to, but held seats and asked me to call back (or chat online) in a few days.
Much to my surprise she called me back straight away as she had found it in her emails and wanted to get the change sorted for me.
Top marks to her, she didn't have to call back, but in my eyes she went above and beyond in doing so.

I think I've said it before, but it's the people that make BA what it is for me, whether that be those in the contact centres, airport ground staff or on board crew.
MaxFlyer, Arsey00, Anonba and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I did not want to phone but I had to because I realized that even though the cash portion of my Avios redemption tickets were refunded six weeks ago (involuntary cancellations), the Avios themselves weren't. I called the US Gold number at around noon (PST) and got through to a live person within 10 minutes. Fortunately I had everything on my screen ready to read off and the agreeable agent resolved my issue in about eight minutes.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
What exactly is the situation with the BA call center. For my January BA flights, I had similar experiences contacting BA. Does anyone have insight to the situation?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Called twice on Thursday, morning and late afternoon, once through the menu both calls answered within about 15 minutes. Both by very pleasant agents at the Newcastle Call centre.

One was to change booking, second was to make a new booking using an e-voucher, as the website wouldn't accept it on the multi-city booking.

A positive experience.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Tried to contact BA repeatedly yesterday on the holidays line and through exec club. Told to go away multiple times. Given a flight change which works after a time change but the land connection hasn't been updated and one of the legs is actually illegal in the country I'm going to. BAH say 'contact us if your flight changes so we can update your land arrangements.

This is an £8K holiday, I'm so fed up with the inability to contact them I submitted a customer complaint and within it I told them to contact me - I don't expect they will but done it mainly so I can point to the case reference when I come to sue them for extra costs I'm incurring due to their incompetence.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by Drum Drummy
De acuerdo for the Spanish line!

Last edited by Spanish; Mar 27, 2022 at 6:02 am Reason: italics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.