Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I called the Gold line yesterday during the late afternoon. Including the recorded announcements and the menus, it was 6½ minutes until I spoke to a human. Although he had to dig the PNR out of the "deep archive" (because the dates of the flights cancelled by BA were so long ago) the rest of the call took only about 10 minutes. Although he said that the refund had to go to the "back office", I was pleasantly surprised to see the Avios already back in the account today.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:55 am

I was 20 minutes start to finish with the call centre yesterday, as a Blue. Called c1.30pm U.K. time. Agent was v helpful too. E ticket came through this morning.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:06 am

Anyone have the BA bronze number? Can't seem to find it anywhere online and both numbers in the Wiki above are for GGL. If anyone can share UK number and for abroad that would be very helpful. Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Anyone have the BA bronze number? Can't seem to find it anywhere online and both numbers in the Wiki above are for GGL. If anyone can share UK number and for abroad that would be very helpful. Thanks
You should be able to see under help and contact after logging in.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:31 am

Or Google “bronze british airways number”.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Or Google “bronze british airways number”.
Gives numbers to blue or Avios line. Not bronze regular
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:18 am

Gives numbers to blue or Avios line. Not bronze regular
First search result for me:
https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...hone-number-2/
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:37 am

Has the option to reach CR by phone not yet returned?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Has the option to reach CR by phone not yet returned?
Unfortunately no it hasnt.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:13 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This morning the Gold Line has been on hold for 45 minutes having called at 9.25 UK time.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze :(
Called Silver line on Wednesday morning to upgrade a flight booked with BA holidays. Call was picked up in ~15 mins and spoke to a lovely lady, who seemed to be having a lot of trouble with avios systems in the background and was very apologetic. I was happy to hold while she got me the info around the various options (taxes cost to UUA WT to WT+, or cash to WT+ and UUA to CW which was an option she broadsided me with that I didn't know was available) but it took around an hour in total to finally process the cash upgrade to PE and then bump to CW using avios. Most of this was spent on hold while she wrestled with systems behind the scenes.

Still - We got there in the end, I'm sure it would have been a lot quicker if the systems had been behaving. Many thanks Carol!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Agent mentioned today that calls are not going through to India (GGL at least) as the UK phone system has been upgraded but not the India one.
Hence if you call after 8pm on GGL you might as well wait for the next day.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
Agent mentioned today that calls are not going through to India (GGL at least) as the UK phone system has been upgraded but not the India one.
Hence if you call after 8pm on GGL you might as well wait for the next day.

Not sure if thats right about calls. But yes UK contact centres were changed over to BT Genesys mid 2021 whereas India is still using Aspect phones.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I called the Gold line yesterday during the late afternoon. Including the recorded announcements and the menus, it was 6½ minutes until I spoke to a human. Although he had to dig the PNR out of the "deep archive" (because the dates of the flights cancelled by BA were so long ago) the rest of the call took only about 10 minutes. Although he said that the refund had to go to the "back office", I was pleasantly surprised to see the Avios already back in the account today.
And the cash (nearly £600) was back on my Amex five days later. I hadn't even looked because I was expecting it to take weeks.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
you got lucky there, have had to call 4 or 5 times this week shortest wait 17 mins longest wait 33 mins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.