Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by RG1X
Looks like they're back to just immediately hanging up. Have a cancelled BA Holidays flight that I need to fix and can't even get into a queue.
The Wife is currently trying for that reason and getting the same issue - did you ever have any luck?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Angry

Data point: Have made two attempts to get through to the GGL line today to rebook after cancellation. The first timed out at 59 mins. The second - I gave up after 30 mins.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by etiene
The Wife is currently trying for that reason and getting the same issue - did you ever have any luck?
Had to call them about an issue for a holiday. Called Monday at 8am got cutoff. HUACA and in the queue by 8.06 and sorted by 8.30.

Noticed at 9 today another cancellation and unable to get through.
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pjh981
Data point: Have made two attempts to get through to the GGL line today to rebook after cancellation. The first timed out at 59 mins. The second - I gave up after 30 mins.
I must have been very lucky yesterday. I called the Gold Line at 2:45pm and was through to an agent (to cancel an Avios booking) in less than 5 minutes
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Same here. Rang the gold line today and they answered straight away.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I tried the gold line a few times last night. Around 6pm it wouldn't even let me get in line. I tried again around 9pm, was placed in line and gave up after 40mns. I called back after 10:30pm and the call was picked up after 7mns (2 of which were the automated messages). After that I spent about 5 minutes on the line with a very efficient person. She sounded tired though, I think it must be horrible working at the moment.

One thought: they should stop putting the "Your call is important to us" BS every 30 seconds. It makes you think someone's about to pick up, and it breaks up the music. Somehow I still like the flower duet. I wish they'd put back the classical version instead of the guitar one, but you can't have everything.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by alex67500
I tried the gold line a few times last night. Around 6pm it wouldn't even let me get in line. I tried again around 9pm, was placed in line and gave up after 40mns. I called back after 10:30pm and the call was picked up after 7mns (2 of which were the automated messages). After that I spent about 5 minutes on the line with a very efficient person. She sounded tired though, I think it must be horrible working at the moment.

One thought: they should stop putting the "Your call is important to us" BS every 30 seconds. It makes you think someone's about to pick up, and it breaks up the music. Somehow I still like the flower duet. I wish they'd put back the classical version instead of the guitar one, but you can't have everything.
I think what we are seeing is that it is pot luck and totally unpredictable whether you get through in 5 mins, 50 mins or not at all. If BA could simply add the feature of "you are now Caller XX in the queue" then we could all make an immediate and rational decision on whether to hang on. It's the feeling of the unknown and the utter waste of time which will be costing BA considerable loyalty at the moment from some of its most 'loyal' customers.
Tobias-UK, SxMan and etiene like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:11 am

Has Anyone got through to BA Holidays in the last 24 Hours

Have tried multiple times yesterday and got in the queue for 8am on the dot today. On each occasion have got the cutoff message.

Has anyone had any joy getting through or have BA closed the line and not told anyone.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I must have been very lucky yesterday. I called the Gold Line at 2:45pm and was through to an agent (to cancel an Avios booking) in less than 5 minutes
I think there is maybe a bit more capacity on wherever these calls go. Rang twice yesterday about changing an Avios flight and got through with a minute of so on hold both times.

Still spent 45 mins on the phone because BA’s systems are so slow/cumbersome for the agents.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
Have tried multiple times yesterday and got in the queue for 8am on the dot today. On each occasion have got the cutoff message.

Has anyone had any joy getting through or have BA closed the line and not told anyone.
My wife is the one trying, but she's had the same experience. Could they have decided they're not taking incoming calls?

Am I correct in thinking the Silver line [etc] can't touch BAH bookings? Likewise, can the BAH people behind the Dutch telephone number [Bremen?] deal with ex-UK holiday bookings?

Last edited by etiene; Jul 14, 2022 at 2:04 am Reason: Additional question.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:03 am

My wife is the one trying, but she's had the same experience. Could they have decided they're not taking incoming calls? Am I correct in thinking the Silver line [etc] can't touch BAH bookings?

lines are still open just extremely busy and there is a limit as to how many people can wait on hold in a queue.
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Anonba
lines are still open just extremely busy and there is a limit as to how many people can wait on hold in a queue.
Thanks. For an ex-EDI BAH booking, are we limited to the UK BAH number?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks. For an ex-EDI BAH booking, are we limited to the UK BAH number?
Yes, only BAH in the UK can handle UK and Ireland originating bookings.
Cw novice and etiene like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
We've just tried to get through on the Change Avios booking since BA cancelled our EDI-LHR connection to a long haul flight. Twice cut off after 3 mins. Grumpy husband now as he has to do the call on my behalf.

My sis-in-law had similar problems back in Feb for her booking and couldnt get through to rebook her cancelled flights so she complained to her MP and each of her family(4 of them) travelling got 15000 avios.

Maybe we should get our MPs to start badgering BA!

Finally managed to get through to someone on 3rd time trying after doing the ironing for 40 mins!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:46 am

Eventually got through - advice from chat agents [who tried but failed to put me through there] was to choose options 3, 3 and 2 on the phone. That's "other", "other" and "holidays" - whereas previously I'd been choosing 1 for "changes" at the first level before being cut off. Also possible that the load had lightened before I got in the queue at about 15:40 UK time, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.