Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by etiene
Eventually got through - advice from chat agents [who tried but failed to put me through there] was to choose options 3, 3 and 2 on the phone. That's "other", "other" and "holidays" - whereas previously I'd been choosing 1 for "changes" at the first level before being cut off. Also possible that the load had lightened before I got in the queue at about 15:40 UK time, of course.
Has anyone noted down all of the phone menu options of the BA phone system? I feel this should be a guide in the BA Forum Dashboard. It'd be a great help to BA FT users at the very least.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:18 am

I just got through after a 10 minute hold. One thing I have noticed is that 2/3 of the agents I've spoken to in the last week or so are South African - coincidence or are they routing calls down there?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:21 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by GLAtrans
I just got through after a 10 minute hold. One thing I have noticed is that 2/3 of the agents I've spoken to in the last week or so are South African - coincidence or are they routing calls down there?
We opened the Cape Town contact centre in 2018, and at 300 heads (growing to 400 by the autumn) it is now a significant player in our operation.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by BA refund helper
We opened the Cape Town contact centre in 2018, and at 300 heads (growing to 400 by the autumn) it is now a significant player in our operation.
Ah! I thought it might have been to do with the recent disruption, but I stand corrected!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Has anyone noted down all of the phone menu options of the BA phone system? I feel this should be a guide in the BA Forum Dashboard. It'd be a great help to BA FT users at the very least.
As a deaf person - this would be of enormous benefit. It is hard enough trying to just hear the options without also having to work out which is the option I need. Sometimes the option you need is not obvious from the menu option!
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:40 am

BA Holiday call regarding a cancelled flight. Had tried Thursday and Friday at 8am and got the auto cutoff.

Called today at 7.59, call answered by 8.03 everything sorted just as Ireland scored in the rugby.

Have always found the BA Holidays team excellent just a shame they are so stretched at the moment. Advisor said expectation this will extend into next year
​​​​
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
BA Holiday call regarding a cancelled flight. Had tried Thursday and Friday at 8am and got the auto cutoff.

Called today at 7.59, call answered by 8.03 everything sorted just as Ireland scored in the rugby.

Have always found the BA Holidays team excellent just a shame they are so stretched at the moment. Advisor said expectation this will extend into next year
​​​​
The numbers of people taking BAH calls has increased though. In Newcastle change booking and sales have been trained to take BAH calls. Its because flight only change booking calls can be taken by Capetown and Delhi instead, whereas its only Newcastle that deal with UK/USA BAH.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Currently on hold to GGL line as have received a msg from BA to ring them on a booking. Have already been waiting over 20 minutes for an agent to pick up call …
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Ramos
Currently on hold to GGL line as have received a msg from BA to ring them on a booking. Have already been waiting over 20 minutes for an agent to pick up call …
I do hope you're not still waiting for an agent to pick up!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I rang BAH a week ago on Sunday at 5:42 pm, and got to a person after 25 minutes of queueing.

As the holiday team had already logged off for the day, they couldn't actually help me then and there though. They promised to ring back on Friday with an update, but I've heard nothing back yet.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Quick question, I would like to book a gold priority reward. I have a bit of time, the cut off for 30 days is in a couple of weeks time. I know that the automated message states that BA aren't taking sales calls, but I can't do that online. Will they take that? Or am I SOL?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by groenroos
I rang BAH a week ago on Sunday at 5:42 pm, and got to a person after 25 minutes of queueing.

As the holiday team had already logged off for the day, they couldn't actually help me then and there though. They promised to ring back on Friday with an update, but I've heard nothing back yet.
What was the change? A significant number of the non BAH team can make flight only changes to a Holiday Booking; so if only that I do suggest chasing.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by alex67500
Quick question, I would like to book a gold priority reward. I have a bit of time, the cut off for 30 days is in a couple of weeks time. I know that the automated message states that BA aren't taking sales calls, but I can't do that online. Will they take that? Or am I SOL?
Strictly speaking you could make a booking and then amend it by making it a GPR booking. Amending bookings are still being handled by the contact centres. However since that's muddling a commercial and a redemption booking, which are handled by separate teams, it doesn't do anyone any good to do it that way. I would make a call on the basis of amending an existing booking, I doubt you would have any problems once connected.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
What was the change? A significant number of the non BAH team can make flight only changes to a Holiday Booking; so if only that I do suggest chasing.
No they can’t - BAH operate a different system. Non BAH use Pegasus and can’t change anything that is a BAH.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by LucyK1806
No they can’t - BAH operate a different system. Non BAH use Pegasus and can’t change anything that is a BAH.
I've literally had the non BAH team rebook me on a BAH booking at least three times now for new flights. They can't change hotels and car hire but I did say this in my original post.

Certain staff members on the non holiday line can, and will, rebook flights on a holiday booking. I've experienced it and it's been posted here many a time before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.