Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pski007
I want to bring it forward a week
I got a recorded message and it hung up

One the website I get

Error

There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
ah ok. this isn't a BA Holidays booking?

You should be able to get through and speak to someone. What number and what selections are you making when you call?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
The Sunday Times spoke to several call centre workers in Manchester, Warrington, and Newcastle. Here's what they said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5...afc999caf344d7

This subscriber share link can be opened a limited number of times, apologies if it has expired by the time you read it.
Yeah had a read, its been a tough two plus years and its still rough. The intensity hasnt really let up over the whole of Covid.

I would say that most people calling up are understanding and appreciate the issues arent our fault as staff.
alex67500, KARFA and bisonrav like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Gold, BAEC, AMEX Plat
Wife's luggage got lost on a BA flight between LHR and CDG. When it showed up 3 days later it had clearly been tampered with and a few items missing from inside (mid-5 figure loss). Immediately filed a police report in Paris and also reports through the BA website and travel insurance. Travel insurance want nothing to do with it until BA have responded formally but its been almost 2 months without a peep from them other than an automatic email something along the lines of "we haven't forgotten about you, please give us more time".

Does anyone know whether its possible to actually speak to a human when calling BA without status? I have tried on a handful of occasions now, selecting all the different combinations on the line but I am either directed to the website or told that they are too busy to deal with me.

Does anyone have any advice here?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
BA Silver not connecting as of this morning in the UK.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:02 pm

Had to modify a BA Holidays flight today and the lady I dealt with was excellent. Took longer than it should have, but I could tell that she'd actively tried to make things as easy / cheap as possible for me.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bloxorus
Does anyone know whether its possible to actually speak to a human when calling BA without status? I have tried on a handful of occasions now, selecting all the different combinations on the line but I am either directed to the website or told that they are too busy to deal with me.

If you are UK based, raise an MCOL (Money Claim Online) for the maxlimum allowed, abour £1430, plus your legal costs. BA do process these claims quickly since the timeframe for MCOL is laid down by the courts.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by Bloxorus
Wife's luggage got lost on a BA flight between LHR and CDG. When it showed up 3 days later it had clearly been tampered with and a few items missing from inside (mid-5 figure loss). Immediately filed a police report in Paris and also reports through the BA website and travel insurance. Travel insurance want nothing to do with it until BA have responded formally but its been almost 2 months without a peep from them other than an automatic email something along the lines of "we haven't forgotten about you, please give us more time".

mid 5 figure loss. £50,000 of goods in hold luggage ? If Jewellery it would be in hand baggage. What on earth was in the hold bags ?
alex67500 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by jeremyBA
mid 5 figure loss. £50,000 of goods in hold luggage ? If Jewellery it would be in hand baggage. What on earth was in the hold bags ?
Unfortunately 2 rather expensive handbags... luckily covered by insurance but they need an official BA response to be issued before they want to look at it
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you are UK based, raise an MCOL (Money Claim Online) for the maxlimum allowed, abour £1430, plus your legal costs. BA do process these claims quickly since the timeframe for MCOL is laid down by the courts.
Thanks. I will look into this
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
You can't help but think that 90% of the calls are due to the BA IT systems not working.
I called yesterday, albeit on a trivial matter of seat allocations: The web-based version of the seat map didn't work, and although the app-based version did work, of course, it wouldn't allow me to get the bassinet seats at T72 (as GCH). So, rang the (US) Gold Line - long intro on why we shouldn't use the phone, then usual selection process (3/2 - other/other) - so couple of minutes. First call, 25+ mins, had to ring off since I had better things to do. Second call, same, 20 min to pick-up (sounded like India), then a whole host of 'security questions' (way more than when dealing with my bank or tax folks), reassigned seats. Okay... good. But, then found on the seat plan that my seat had been moved, but not Mrs CKBA. Phoned again, decided to use 'already booked' route (1/1/....) and got through in a minute (after the usual 'please don't use our phones' - if only there were phone cookies to save our preferences!) - (sounded like UK) - ah yes, on the web-version it does show Mrs CKBA in their old seat, but on the airport version the seat is reassigned... . So something the 'should' have taken a few seconds online probably took about an hour of my time and 20 minutes of the BA call centre time.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:46 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting through to the call centre? Trying to rebook a flight that was cancelled, to include a change of gateway (so cannot be done online) and using Silver number in the Wiki.

Very frustrating: you have to listen to the announcement about the potential strikes, then go through the menu system (change booking - 1; flight only - 1; not avios - 2), then get the dreaded "due to heavy volume at our call centre, your call cannot be completed at this time" message before the system hangs up on you.

I've also tried the Bremen number directly every minute or so for the last 40 mins (caller busy). Edit: ok, after 50 minutes of that I've at last got onto the voice menu system. Fingers crossed I get through to an operator and don't get cut off... There's only one suitable alternative flight option and given the number of services BA has cancelled, I'm concerned that if I can't get through I won't be able to get onto it.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Last edited by squawk; Jun 30, 2022 at 1:55 am Reason: Grammar fail
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Today is going to be very difficult to get through, but if no additional money is needed then some people have managed to get the online Chat feature to sort things out. A gateway change from a cancellation should be in scope for the agents.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Today is going to be very difficult to get through, but if no additional money is needed then some people have managed to get the online Chat feature to sort things out. A gateway change from a cancellation should be in scope for the agents.
The chat feature has been great for sure for me last week. The first time, I got connected to an agent right away, and the second time later in the day it said I was 32nd in the queue but the rate at which that number went down (even though it did go back up a few times) meant i only needed to wait about ten minutes. Hope it works for others like that too! Beats waiting on hold on the phone for sure.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Debate on the topic of call centres / service standards / staffing issues, currently on BBC Radio Five Live.

Not specific to BA (or airlines in general) ……. though perhaps they will get mentioned in dispatches.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:42 am

Looks like they're back to just immediately hanging up. Have a cancelled BA Holidays flight that I need to fix and can't even get into a queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.