Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:37 pm

Currently on 22’ on the Gold line and counting…
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Early May I had to call BAH as my first domestic connection to YVR had been cancelled and needed a replacement.. from 8am it took 9 redials to get into the queue where I could actually queue rather than be cut off (must be a #-in-Q limit set).. and took 20 mins to be answered.

point to note in case this isn’t in other threads.. the cancellations BA are proactive with to manage staffing/capacity are apparently done in 8 week batches..!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Anonba
Normally once you use a voucher with BAH they change any residual to a BAH FTV. You wouldnt get another voucher number as the remaining value is just added in notes in the booking.So when you are ready to rebook you would need to call to use it.

BAH do use a different reservation system that we dont have in flight only sales or change booking. However managers in these departments (at least in UK not sure about other contact centres) do have acess and they can check notes in a booking. So it might be worth trying change booking and see if manager can check notes to see if details of voucher are mentioned.
@Anonba

Is your information still valid? I have an evoucher and I'm thinking to use BAH (flight+hotel) and probably I will end with a residual voucher value.
If they will not reissue a new evoucher as the BA website says but a BAH FTV, does it mean that this BAH FTV can be used only for a new BAH trip (i.e. only for flight+hotel)? And if I ask for the cash refund of this BAH FTV, do they refund the residual value to the CC used to cover the deposit for the BAH trip booked with the evoucher?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BA
Just to say something positive (I havent for a while). I had a webchat to sort out a refund ten minutes ago with BA. It went very smoothly.
MUCH better than going via the phone route. The chat showed up on the bottom corner of the page when I was logged into my Exec Club account.
Might be worth a try if you are having issues with the phone line.
Anonba likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jorun
@Anonba

Is your information still valid? I have an evoucher and I'm thinking to use BAH (flight+hotel) and probably I will end with a residual voucher value.
If they will not reissue a new evoucher as the BA website says but a BAH FTV, does it mean that this BAH FTV can be used only for a new BAH trip (i.e. only for flight+hotel)? And if I ask for the cash refund of this BAH FTV, do they refund the residual value to the CC used to cover the deposit for the BAH trip booked with the evoucher?
My understanding is that now BAH are actually just refunding any residual amount.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by tedmak
Just to say something positive (I havent for a while). I had a webchat to sort out a refund ten minutes ago with BA. It went very smoothly.
MUCH better than going via the phone route. The chat showed up on the bottom corner of the page when I was logged into my Exec Club account.
Might be worth a try if you are having issues with the phone line.
Thanks for mentioning this! I just did that and it was faster and easier than calling.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I just tried. Automated message “We have decided to prioritise customer service calls” etc but I held on for the menu anyway. Once I got through to the booking line (trying to do something that is not possible online) “we have decided to close our sales lines for the next few weeks”. Really? How does that help the business?
Calchas likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
How does that help the business?
By allowing it to do higher priority things with the limited resources that are currently available? Especially considering that BA's problem at the moment could be summed up as too much load and not enough capacity.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Qantas
I have a BA flight I booked via the BA website. I need to change the flight date. I rang the call center but basically says we can’t help you at the moment

I cant make changes online for some reason

What’s the solution?

Cancel, credit and rebook?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by pski007
I have a BA flight I booked via the BA website. I need to change the flight date. I rang the call center but basically says we can’t help you at the moment

What’s the solution?

I would recommend against cancelling unless you booked a fully flexible ticket as you could lose a considerable sum of money if your ticket is non refundable.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

What’s the solution?

When did you make the booking?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
When did you make the booking?
Last week
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The Sunday Times spoke to several call centre workers in Manchester, Warrington, and Newcastle. Here's what they said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5...afc999caf344d7

This subscriber share link can be opened a limited number of times, apologies if it has expired by the time you read it.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Last week
ok thanks, well that rules out BWC unfortunately.

what do you want to change from and too?

did you speak to an agent and they refused to help?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
ok thanks, well that rules out BWC unfortunately.

what do you want to change from and too?

did you speak to an agent and they refused to help?
I want to bring it forward a week
I got a recorded message and it hung up

One the website I get

Error

There was a problem with your request, please try again later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.