Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone companys access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Ive tried to contact BA a few times today, but every time I pick the Includes Hotel and Car Hire option, it just cuts off. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:03 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Ive tried to contact BA a few times today, but every time I pick the Includes Hotel and Car Hire option, it just cuts off. Anyone else experiencing this?
Wasn't doing it at 09:45 this morning, but gave up after being told they couldn't take my call 10+ times.
Tried again just now and just goes silent after selecticting hotel/car hire option, then cuts off
BAeuro likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BA refund helper
Hello SWS, thanks for flagging this, I passed it on and the "72hr restriction" Gold line message has now been removed.
Long winded "did you know you can do things on BA.com" now preceded by polite message saying that if you are not in the middle of a trip, or flying in the next 72 hours, please call back later.
As others have found, call to Gold Line was answered within a minute of the messages had playing out.

Talk about managing expectations by under promising and over delivering?
Sean is having a positive impact.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:23 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Long winded "did you know you can do things on BA.com" now preceded by polite message saying that if you are not in the middle of a trip, or flying in the next 72 hours, please call back later.
As others have found, call to Gold Line was answered within a minute of the messages had playing out.

Talk about managing expectations by under promising and over delivering?
Sean is having a positive impact.
And if you're not Gold?
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Callbacks

I asked to make a change (to add an extra domestic connecting flight) to one of my bookings last week and after being put on hold for a while the agent came back and said they would need to go away and price it and then call me back. They confirmed the correct number to call too.

They didnt really give a timeframe, and from the way they said it I thought it was one of those callbacks just to save you waiting on hold, but does anyone know how long these repricing callbacks usually take? Or if the current situation with staff behind the scenes is causing it to take longer?

I dont want to ring up and trigger another unnecessary request for a reprice if they are swamped as it is and there is already one in the queue!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Before the pandemic, 3 or 4 days was typical, nowadays I imagine with staff on furlough it may be taking longer. It may well be easier to apply for an FTV, which on simple bookings should be issued immediately, then to use it to rebook from fresh. If you have waited a week I think it's ok to call and ask if there is repricing quote on the booking now.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Before the pandemic, 3 or 4 days was typical, nowadays I imagine with staff on furlough it may be taking longer. It may well be easier to apply for an FTV, which on simple bookings should be issued immediately, then to use it to rebook from fresh. If you have waited a week I think it's ok to call and ask if there is repricing quote on the booking now.
Im not aware of any fares/e ticketing staff being furloughed they are too busy for that!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:25 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by SnowFlyer
I asked to make a change (to add an extra domestic connecting flight) to one of my bookings last week and after being put on hold for a while the agent came back and said they would need to go away and price it and then call me back. They confirmed the correct number to call too.

They didnt really give a timeframe, and from the way they said it I thought it was one of those callbacks just to save you waiting on hold, but does anyone know how long these repricing callbacks usually take? Or if the current situation with staff behind the scenes is causing it to take longer?

I dont want to ring up and trigger another unnecessary request for a reprice if they are swamped as it is and there is already one in the queue!
Sorry for the delay and uncertainty here. The colleague you dealt with has a system which can re-price some bookings but not all, and the latter type has to be sent off to another team. As has rightly been mentioned, they are not on furlough due to the high workload, and the system will allocate your PNR to one.of them based on date of travel. So, if you are travelling soon it will be dealt with soon, if it's next October then there will be a longer wait i am afraid. The good news is that the space held for the new flights will be confirmed so won't be cancelled. Watch out for a call or a "contact us" email.
Thanks for your patience !
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Had to cancel a reward for tonight - already checked in - through options, agent, off loaded and voucher issued in 6.45mins. Great work by the call centre
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Had to cancel a reward for tonight - already checked in - through options, agent, off loaded and voucher issued in 6.45mins. Great work by the call centre
Well this is certainly an improvement. Lets hope that they keep it up.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:08 am

If only they'd put the cash refund option back on for reward flights. I can't get through today for obvious reasons and I understand that BA are on the receiving end here but they are also partly responsible for the inbound call volumes by removing servicing options from their website.

It's also obvious that they are slow-walking things on their IVR. 7 seconds of silence and then the message starts, slow talking and then ending right before the 1 minute mark. Hard to have sympathy for BA when they pull stunts like this and enter into such shenanigans (in the name of cashflow)
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:14 am

Along with those of other companies, the BA call centres in and around Delhi have been ordered to close to help contain Indias corona chaos. Other call centres should pick up some of the slack, but will necessarily be limited in how much they can do at short notice, so there could be delays getting through, particularly from the US (i.e. overnight in Europe/ZA). Wouldnt surprise me if back office teams are similarly affected (e.g. refunds). Thoughts with those in India at this time of course... doesnt look a fun place to be for anyone at the moment.
efincomputer likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Call Centre wait times

I accept the India call centre is closed atm , why have BA not put in business continuity measures? I am presently on 1 hours hold and counting on the Gold line for something I cannot do online.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Call at 08.00 tomorrow, I've got through always in a minute or two first thing. Don't call at 07.50 it will tell you they're closed !

There's a long running thread to give you a taste of recent waits etc .... Current Status of BA Call Center - Page 10 - FlyerTalk Forums
Telecasterman likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
I accept the India call centre is closed atm , why have BA not put in business continuity measures? I am presently on 1 hours hold and counting on the Gold line for something I cannot do online.
It's a bit random. I called for something last Tuesday afternoon at about this time, and there was about a 15-minute wait. I called for something else on Friday afternoon at about this time, and the wait was about 60 seconds.
Telecasterman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.