Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Quick question if I can please.

I should have re-qualified on May 9th for Silver with 565 TP - however, although my TP have returned to 0, the "Card expiry date" has not updated to 2021 and remains at June 30 2020.

My mum however qualified for the first time for Silver with 460 TP - and was upgraded to Silver on May 9th and her expiry date is 2021......

So, which is normal, should I really see the date as 2020 until 1st July and it should update to 2021, or has something gone amiss with the reduced TP qualifications ?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2020, 9:56 pm

Heathrow Rewards points transfer error message

Hi, I am trying to transfer some Heathrow Rewards points to BA Executive Club, as part of the ongoing promo. However, I keep getting the following error message, “Not enough points to order reward” even when I do have enough pointe. I have tried with Safari, Chrome and my phone but nothing. Any other suggestions?

(Mods feel free to move the post to the most relevant thread).
Old May 14, 2020, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, I am trying to transfer some Heathrow Rewards points to BA Executive Club, as part of the ongoing promo. However, I keep getting the following error message, “Not enough points to order reward” even when I do have enough pointe. I have tried with Safari, Chrome and my phone but nothing. Any other suggestions?

(Mods feel free to move the post to the most relevant thread).
How did you earn the points?

Were any gained through points transfer into LHR Rewards or a special promotion ? If so, how many vs purely earned points ?
Old May 14, 2020, 5:38 am

Airport shopping, no transfers into the program.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:24 am

Hi,

Anyone knows if its possible to reset the membership cut off dates?
​​​​​
Or any way to bypass it? I can get 600 tier points and 4 segments in 12 rolling months but in two membership cycles.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tboons
Hi,

Anyone knows if its possible to reset the membership cut off dates?
​​​​​
Or any way to bypass it? I can get 600 tier points and 4 segments in 12 rolling months but in two membership cycles.
You cannot change your membership date. As noted in the first post of this Guide:
Please be aware that BA never changes membership year dates. Once you have a BAEC number, the membership anniversary is fixed for life. There is little point pleading for changes, the system simply will not allow it to happen.
That said, you could close your BAEC account (losing accumulated avios and lifetime tier points) and join again after a period of time.
See also these threads (among others):
Is it possible to change BAEC qualify year for status?
Flexibility in Tier Point years
Synchronising BA exec club expiry dates
Canceling BAEC to Change Tier Date
Old May 16, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by sunguy
Quick question if I can please.

I should have re-qualified on May 9th for Silver with 565 TP - however, although my TP have returned to 0, the "Card expiry date" has not updated to 2021 and remains at June 30 2020.

My mum however qualified for the first time for Silver with 460 TP - and was upgraded to Silver on May 9th and her expiry date is 2021......

So, which is normal, should I really see the date as 2020 until 1st July and it should update to 2021, or has something gone amiss with the reduced TP qualifications ?

Thanks
AFAIK, you'll find that for you as already a silver till June 30 and you've re-qualified, your current card does expire in 2020, and will then update to the new card expiring 2021.
For you mum who was not silver and has now qualified, her card upgraded to silver and will be for the remainder of the current year as well as the next year so 2021.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Does anyone know if the 20% reduction in tier points needed for renewals due in April, May & June will be extended to July?

I'm silver on 580 points with a collection year ending 8 July, 20 tier points short. My March trip that would have earnt 320 tier points was cancelled and I'm unlikely/unable to fly anywhere In May/June.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by air_boi
Does anyone know if the 20% reduction in tier points needed for renewals due in April, May & June will be extended to July?

I'm silver on 580 points with a collection year ending 8 July, 20 tier points short. My March trip that would have earnt 320 tier points was cancelled and I'm unlikely/unable to fly anywhere In May/June.
Nothing has been said yet. I would have thought there would be a reduction or something announced. Keep an eye on this thread COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 19, 2020, 10:26 pm

Heathrow Rewards points transfer

Hi, how long do Heathrow Rewards points transfers usually take? Made a points transfer last week, and Heathrow Rewards customer service confirmed the transfer, but still no Avios in my BA account. Thanks
Old May 22, 2020, 11:24 am

Smile

Originally Posted by air_boi
AFAIK, you'll find that for you as already a silver till June 30 and you've re-qualified, your current card does expire in 2020, and will then update to the new card expiring 2021.
For you mum who was not silver and has now qualified, her card upgraded to silver and will be for the remainder of the current year as well as the next year so 2021.
Well, I got my answer - just be patient and all will be well! My Card year updated yesterday (21st)!
Old May 22, 2020, 11:32 am

TP year qualification question....

Im thinking about doing a 0 to Silver TP run after my TP year resets next year giving me Silver for 2 years.....

However, the 8th May next year is a Saturday, how would that work in regards qualification?

So, I would have 320 TP gained on 8th May and another 320 TP gained on ~21st.

Obviously, it would be a call to BA to get the upgrade, but would BA make me Silver ONLY for the year (21/22) or would I also requalify for 22/23 - like I would do if leaving on the 9th May rather than 8th ?
Old May 22, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sunguy
Im thinking about doing a 0 to Silver TP run after my TP year resets next year giving me Silver for 2 years.....

However, the 8th May next year is a Saturday, how would that work in regards qualification?

So, I would have 320 TP gained on 8th May and another 320 TP gained on ~21st.

Obviously, it would be a call to BA to get the upgrade, but would BA make me Silver ONLY for the year (21/22) or would I also requalify for 22/23 - like I would do if leaving on the 9th May rather than 8th ?
The day of the week that the 8th of a month falls on does not affect qualification.

Tier points for flights taken on 8MAY will only count for the year that ends on 8MAY21. The flights on the 21st can be applied to the year ending 8MAY21 by calling BAEC and asking them for the two week extension. The flights on 8MAY21 cannot be applied to the year that ends 8MAY22.

You will need to fly out on the 9th if you want your 0 to silver plan to work.
Old May 23, 2020, 2:54 pm

Why have I been given another year of Gold after getting attaining 690 TPs?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:56 am

Contact form for eStore

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to file a missing Avios claim for a hotel stay booked through the eStore portal but when I fill in the form online at the portal, the ‘Submit’ button doesn’t work...as far as I know it I’m filling it in correctly and there are no red error messages at the top (as is sometimes the case when one tries to submit a request with erroneous details).
I couldn’t find an email address for customer service at the portal site, is there any way I can send in my request by email?!! Or any other way?
many thanks in advance for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.