Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2020, 11:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Is it possible to prolong the expiry of my Avios by booking an intra-US flight on AA with Avios and then canceling for a full refund within 24hrs? I'm Canadian, so I can't use the estore, and the alternative is transferring in 9k MR points into an account I won't use in the foreseeable future
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by pewpew
Is it possible to prolong the expiry of my Avios by booking an intra-US flight on AA with Avios and then canceling for a full refund within 24hrs? I'm Canadian, so I can't use the estore, and the alternative is transferring in 9k MR points into an account I won't use in the foreseeable future
It is possible to book a flight on AA via the BA site using Avios but I'm not sure that cancelling within 24 hours would work for the purposes of extending the expiry.

Why transfer 9,000 MR points? The minimum number you can transfer is 1,000 and then in 500 increments.

If you still dont want to do that and can't use BA's estore why not rent a car from Avis or Budget and credit it to BAEC?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by AJA_
It is possible to book a flight on AA via the BA site using Avios but I'm not sure that cancelling within 24 hours would work for the purposes of extending the expiry.

Why transfer 9,000 MR points? The minimum number you can transfer is 1,000 and then in 500 increments.

If you still dont want to do that and can't use BA's estore why not rent a car from Avis or Budget and credit it to BAEC?
Sorry, I meant Marriott Rewards (I believe minimum transfer is 9k?), not Amex MR. I don't have an MR-eligible card. The eStore unfortunately isn't available to Canadians. As for the car, my next car rental is with National (Avis and Budget have a poor selection here) and after the scheduled expiry of my Avios in December.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by pewpew
Sorry, I meant Marriott Rewards (I believe minimum transfer is 9k?), not Amex MR. I don't have an MR-eligible card. The eStore unfortunately isn't available to Canadians. As for the car, my next car rental is with National (Avis and Budget have a poor selection here) and after the scheduled expiry of my Avios in December.
Apologies I didn't even consider MR standing for anything else. Marriott Rewards transfer at a ratio of 3:1 to BAEC and the minimum transfer is 3,000 Marriot Rewards which gives you 1,000 Avios. I think I would do that rather than buy 1,000 Avios which in the UK would cost you £31.

other than that I am not sure if you are signed up to or can sign up to e-rewards, that is another way to do it for free. I believe they had a sign up bonus as well but the minimum transfer of e-rewards points is 1,200 points for 250Avios and does take a while.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Anyone had any experience with the Nutmeg 2500 Avios offer? How long do the points take to credit and have they been charged for withdrawing within the one year period (handy to know in case investments go south...)
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have a question regarding shopping with Apple on the e-shopping. I see that there are currently 3 Avios per £ spent. When you go into the shop portal it says that "Rewards" are offered on newly launched products. I am trying to buy an IPad - a Pro is not appropriate for this gift - but all the others say New. Do I take it that no Avios would be offered? Would I be better shopping elsewhere? Curry's? What do you think?
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have a question regarding shopping with Apple on the e-shopping. I see that there are currently 3 Avios per £ spent. When you go into the shop portal it says that "Rewards" are offered on newly launched products. I am trying to buy an IPad - a Pro is not appropriate for this gift - but all the others say New. Do I take it that no Avios would be offered? Would I be better shopping elsewhere? Curry's? What do you think?
I would be tempted to buy from John Lewis, they currently have 4 Avios per £ (however they do state that the reward will be lower on Apple products). Unfortunately you would not be eligible for Avios is purchased directly from Apple (although there are stories of them falling through the cracks and the Avios being awarded):

Products not eligible for rewards are ... the new iPad Air and iPad (launched 16 September 2020)
I find the John Lewis customer service significantly better in the case that there are any issues and furthermore, there are an awful lot of complaints about the Avios not posting from Curry's PC World. To top it all off, John Lewis are one of the retailers offering "Speedy awarding" so the Avios should arrive very quickly (and having purchased a product from John Lewis the other day, indeed they do arrive very quickly!)

Edit to add: Regarding the speedy awarding, I made the purchase at 11:01am on 8/11/2020 and the Avios were posted to my BAEC account in the early hours of 11/11/2020. c-w-s has a lovely story about linseed and his "speedy awarding" experience here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32782909-post124.html

Last edited by wilsnunn; Nov 18, 2020 at 11:26 am
Old Nov 21, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Anyone had any experience with the Nutmeg 2500 Avios offer? How long do the points take to credit and have they been charged for withdrawing within the one year period (handy to know in case investments go south...)
Sorry to bump - anyone got any intel here? Also worth noting the latest Nutmeg offer sees up to 30,000 Avios available with a relevant deposit.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Sorry to bump - anyone got any intel here? Also worth noting the latest Nutmeg offer sees up to 30,000 Avios available with a relevant deposit.
The punishment for withdrawing is monetary and I would be surprised if they waited 2 years to award you with the avios.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of how BA are considering the 14-day grace period after TP collection year ends for qualification in the previous year? Have the reduced TP thresholds changed the usual unwritten rule of crediting flights taken in the new year into the previous collection period?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of how BA are considering the 14-day grace period after TP collection year ends for qualification in the previous year? Have the reduced TP thresholds changed the usual unwritten rule of crediting flights taken in the new year into the previous collection period?
I have seen no reports of any changes.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
This is a newbie question. Does BA offer status match/challenge? I can't seem to find any info on it so my guess is no?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by lsquare
This is a newbie question. Does BA offer status match/challenge? I can't seem to find any info on it so my guess is no?
I think the last time this happened was when bmi went, so you're right the answer is no, unless there are some very specific circumstances (e.g. a big corporate client moving its business to BA).
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With regards to the 2-4-1 voucher, how can I track how much spending I have made? I want to know if I'm close to obtaining the certificate.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another thing popped up in my mind. Anyone here know of someone that is a lifetime GGL? 100k Tier Points is a staggering number. The first page said that LT GGL still need to earn enough tier points in a given year to get some benefits. I don't think it specified everything. What is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.