FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:18 am
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have a question regarding shopping with Apple on the e-shopping. I see that there are currently 3 Avios per £ spent. When you go into the shop portal it says that "Rewards" are offered on newly launched products. I am trying to buy an IPad - a Pro is not appropriate for this gift - but all the others say New. Do I take it that no Avios would be offered? Would I be better shopping elsewhere? Curry's? What do you think?
I would be tempted to buy from John Lewis, they currently have 4 Avios per £ (however they do state that the reward will be lower on Apple products). Unfortunately you would not be eligible for Avios is purchased directly from Apple (although there are stories of them falling through the cracks and the Avios being awarded):

Products not eligible for rewards are ... the new iPad Air and iPad (launched 16 September 2020)
I find the John Lewis customer service significantly better in the case that there are any issues and furthermore, there are an awful lot of complaints about the Avios not posting from Curry's PC World. To top it all off, John Lewis are one of the retailers offering "Speedy awarding" so the Avios should arrive very quickly (and having purchased a product from John Lewis the other day, indeed they do arrive very quickly!)

Edit to add: Regarding the speedy awarding, I made the purchase at 11:01am on 8/11/2020 and the Avios were posted to my BAEC account in the early hours of 11/11/2020. c-w-s has a lovely story about linseed and his "speedy awarding" experience here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32782909-post124.html

Last edited by wilsnunn; Nov 18, 2020 at 11:26 am