Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
If I UUA from Cash WTP to CW do I receive CW or WTP Avios/TP's?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flipper118
If I UUA from Cash WTP to CW do I receive CW or WTP Avios/TP's?
you are due WTP TPs and avios. sometimes you get a bank error in your favour, although that seems mush rarer these days then it used to be.
flipper118 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: krisflyer
If my Tier point collection year ends 8 Jan 2021 and Card expiry 28 Feb 2021, am I accumulating TP for my new collection year after the 8th Jan? If so, how does it work in terms of the dates? Say I travel 6 - 9th Jan, do I get TP for the new membership year for both legs based on the return leg or only the inbound and not outbound?

Looking at Istanbul and at 190 pounds on J return, seems worth a shot... If it gets worse there's always the voucher I guess!
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by makrxx
If my Tier point collection year ends 8 Jan 2021 and Card expiry 28 Feb 2021, am I accumulating TP for my new collection year after the 8th Jan? If so, how does it work in terms of the dates? Say I travel 6 - 9th Jan, do I get TP for the new membership year for both legs based on the return leg or only the inbound and not outbound?

Looking at Istanbul and at 190 pounds on J return, seems worth a shot... If it gets worse there's always the voucher I guess!
TPs are awarded on the day of travel so your outbound will be on this year and return on next.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
If my Tier point collection year ends 8 Jan 2021 and Card expiry 28 Feb 2021, am I accumulating TP for my new collection year after the 8th Jan? If so, how does it work in terms of the dates? Say I travel 6 - 9th Jan,
Originally Posted by alex67500
TPs are awarded on the day of travel so your outbound will be on this year and return on next.
As Alex says the TP will be split over 2 years but if it helps you can request the TP in the first 2 weeks of the new year to count toward this current year.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
As Alex says the TP will be split over 2 years but if it helps you can request the TP in the first 2 weeks of the new year to count toward this current year.
Thanks! Is that something that is surely possible or if I call in to BA it's something that may or may not work? (i.e not definite)
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:57 pm

Thanks! Is that something that is surely possible or if I call in to BA it's something that may or may not work? (i.e not definite)
it's definitely something you can do. You will have to wait until you've flown and then call the BAEC to request it. Do it as soon as they post.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:39 pm

Jut to be clear, the 2 week extension allows you to credit flights in the two week period after 9 Jan to your previous membership year if it means those flights in that two week period help hit a status threshold. so if you are say 50 TPs short of silver by 8 Jan, but you are due 80 TP on 13 Jan you can use the extension. You can't get the extension for any other reason.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Jut to be clear, the 2 week extension allows you to credit flights in the two week period after 9 Jan to your previous membership year if it means those flights in that two week period help hit a status threshold. so if you are say 50 TPs short of silver by 8 Jan, but you are due 80 TP on 13 Jan you can use the extension. You can't get the extension for any other reason.
Right, makes sense. I’m currently only at 100 TP, so I guess I’ll start with my new cycle to start accumulating and pushing for Silver.

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 4:50 pm

Right, makes sense. I’m currently only at 100 TP, so I guess I’ll start with my new cycle to start accumulating and pushing for Silver..
Well in your case if you did the return trip LHR-IST-LHR in Club Europe you would earn 160TP which when added to your existing 100TP would give you 260TP. With the reduced TP thresholds you would be promoted to Bronze status (requires 225TP) so the 2 week extension would apply. It is also allowed if it means you retains status e.g. you are already Bronze and the extension would give you enough to retain it.

But also consider that your TP counter will reset to 0 on 9 Jan so you will still need to earn 450TP in your new year to get Silver. If you delay your trip to 9 Jan or after you will have 160TP towards both Bronze and then Silver status.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
Well in your case if you did the return trip LHR-IST-LHR in Club Europe you would earn 160TP which when added to your existing 100TP would give you 260TP. With the reduced TP thresholds you would be promoted to Bronze status (requires 225TP) so the 2 week extension would apply. It is also allowed if it means you retains status e.g. you are already Bronze and the extension would give you enough to retain it.

But also consider that your TP counter will reset to 0 on 9 Jan so you will still need to earn 450TP in your new year to get Silver. If you delay your trip to 9 Jan or after you will have 160TP towards both Bronze and then Silver status.
Thank you very much. So I think it probably makes a bit more sense to accumulate after 9 Jan. I really don't see myself flying too much with Covid/no business travels so I think 3 (longer) CE routes will get me Silver, therefore, using the 160TP towards Bronze for the prior year and then having to start off a fresh slate to gun for Bronze again, then Silver, will make it tougher.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:03 am

Hello,

Does anyone know what happens if you requalify for Gold after the BA free extension. Would the card extend another year or just keep the same already extended year end? Only 20TP short so debating a quick run if there would be a benefit.

thanks
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Pingu
Hello,

Does anyone know what happens if you requalify for Gold after the BA free extension. Would the card extend another year or just keep the same already extended year end? Only 20TP short so debating a quick run if there would be a benefit.

thanks
based on all the experiences posted in thread relating to extensions you get no additional benefit if requalifying for your current status level.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:30 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Issues getting Avios for QR flights

I submitted an Avios claim for my flights on QR, flown on Sept 12.

BA responded saying that the mileage has already been credited to another program. But i triple checked my booking and I have my BA number on it and I still have all the boarding passes and they all show BA's EC number on them.
What are the options from here? call BA? call QR? I feel like it's gonna be a long journey...

The tickets were discounted Biz class tickets so I'd still want to have those credited, it's not just a couple hundreds of them. (ZRH-DOH-MLE return).
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I submitted an Avios claim for my flights on QR, flown on Sept 12.

BA responded saying that the mileage has already been credited to another program. But i triple checked my booking and I have my BA number on it and I still have all the boarding passes and they all show BA's EC number on them.
What are the options from here? call BA? call QR? I feel like it's gonna be a long journey...

The tickets were discounted Biz class tickets so I'd still want to have those credited, it's not just a couple hundreds of them. (ZRH-DOH-MLE return).
Did you upload copies of the boarding passes when you made the claim via tha partner page on BAEC? I would contact BA and ask them to tell you which other program they think the flights have been credited to. I assume you are not a member of Qatar's loyalty program or any other OW scheme?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.