Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
If you qualify for silver during your 2020/21 collection year, your silver status will be valid for the remainder of the 2020/21 status year plus the whole of the 2021/22 status year. So in your situation, that would be until the end of July 2022.

Remember you can also apply for an extension of your Silver status because of your newborn.
Thank you for your quick reply.

So it appears that “re-quality” Silver period lasts longer than the normal “renew” period which is one for 1 year. By the way, my new born did not qualify for paternity leave as my membership year would expire in 2020 instead of 2019.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by SLGO
Thank you for your quick reply.

So it appears that “re-quality” Silver period lasts longer than the normal “renew” period which is one for 1 year. By the way, my new born did not qualify for paternity leave as my membership year would expire in 2020 instead of 2019.
Yes that is about right. The way that alex67500 explained it in this post is very intuitive to me: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32077656-post3871.html
alex67500 and SLGO like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Hi, a TP earning query. My ticket was WTP and flights taken were LHR-HKG-MEL. Expected and received 90TP for each sector.

However, I paid Qantas for an upgrade to Business at the gate for the HKG-MEL leg.

Should I have received 140TP instead for this leg?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AdamUK
Hi, a TP earning query. My ticket was WTP and flights taken were LHR-HKG-MEL. Expected and received 90TP for each sector.

However, I paid Qantas for an upgrade to Business at the gate for the HKG-MEL leg.

Should I have received 140TP instead for this leg?
No - when you upgrade at airport/gate with Qantas (and AA, Qatar and others) your ticket does not get rebooked in a Business Class fare bucket, so BA does not give you the corresponding additional TP/Avios.

AFAIK this is only the case when travelling on a BA flight number + metal, and even then you have to retro claim.
AdamUK likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL
Hi. I am trying to find out my CIV score. Curious because a friend, who is also GGL, told me that he asked a member of the cabin crew on a recent flight and was told that his was 102. I had thought that all GGLs were 97-99. Obviously, I can't bear the thought that his score is higher than mine :-)

Am trying to find it out without the humiliation of asking someone. Some years ago I submitted a data subject access request to BA and got a printed report in the post including every flight I'd ever taken with BA and a raft of information they held about me, including my CIV score.

You are now able to make a subject access request online. It's a bit fiddly, but you get the same report almost instantly. It still has all my flight information and some personal details, but no sign of my CIV number.

Does anyone have any experience of this or advice to offer?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think your friend is pulling your leg a bit

CIV scores are
Gold Guest List 97-99
Gold Guest List for life 100
Premier 105

To jump from 97 to either 98/99 you have to be spending significant amounts with BA.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

CIV scores are
Gold Guest List 97-99
Premier 105

To jump from 97 to either 98/99 you have to be spending significant amounts with BA.
Thanks. You're probably right, and the numbers you quote are the same as the ones I have heard before (including from someone I met at one of the GGL events at Fortnums who used to run the BAEC and whom, once I had discovered that, I interrogated relentlessly!). I will ask a friendly cabin crew member on my next flight and let you know if I get an unexpected answer!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

CIV scores are
Gold Guest List 97-99
Premier 105

I see, I will stay at 97 or maybe they will do 96,99 for me.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Spock77
You are now able to make a subject access request online.
Where is the website address to do this please.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:37 am

Here is the link to the “Permissions Centre”:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...centre/public/

As I said, I couldn’t see my CIV score anywhere on the report that they sent me, but every flight I’ve taken since 1994 was listed!
nivsy likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Quick question, with regards to QR operated but BA coded flights, e.g. BA7009 from DOH to LHR, as a Silver member, would I get +50% avios on these flights? I'm looking to do a tier run from PEN-DOH-LHR but wondering whether it's better to fly an actual BA operated flight from DOH - LHR (BA0122).

The flight would be booked on the QR website.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jhneoh
Quick question, with regards to QR operated but BA coded flights, e.g. BA7009 from DOH to LHR, as a Silver member, would I get +50% avios on these flights? I'm looking to do a tier run from PEN-DOH-LHR but wondering whether it's better to fly an actual BA operated flight from DOH - LHR (BA0122).

The flight would be booked on the QR website.

Thanks in advance
If you book under the ba codeshare then year you earn according to the ba chart and you will get your status bonuses as usual. I think therefore it makes no difference of you book a BA marketed and QR operated flight vs a BA marketed & operated flight for DOH-LHR.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
If you book under the ba codeshare then year you earn according to the ba chart and you will get your status bonuses as usual. I think therefore it makes no difference of you book a BA marketed and QR operated flight vs a BA marketed & operated flight for DOH-LHR.

Great thanks, in that case I'll gladly fly QRs A380 business class instead of Club World.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, BAEC Silver, AC, HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I just qualified for the BAEC Gold in Feb. But it seems the status of the upgrade is stuck at fulfilled. Did BA stop mailing the upgrade package?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by anthony.a
I just qualified for the BAEC Gold in Feb. But it seems the status of the upgrade is stuck at fulfilled. Did BA stop mailing the upgrade package?
You may want to have a look at this thread: BA to stop BAEC Welcome packs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.