Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:20 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by AJA_
Did you upload copies of the boarding passes when you made the claim via tha partner page on BAEC? I would contact BA and ask them to tell you which other program they think the flights have been credited to. I assume you are not a member of Qatar's loyalty program or any other OW scheme?
There is no option to upload any supporting doc on the partner airline Avios claim. But I did find another link to send in supporting docs related to a rejected claim so I'll do that.

I am a member of QR programme as well but the account is zero and and nothing has been credited in there for years....
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by enelym1978
There is no option to upload any supporting doc on the partner airline Avios claim. But I did find another link to send in supporting docs related to a rejected claim so I'll do that.

I am a member of QR programme as well but the account is zero and and nothing has been credited in there for years....
I would do a screen shot of the QR account showing nothing has been credited to it along with the other evidence you submit.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:17 am

It's been almost two weeks now and BA still hasn't sent me any feedback on my report.... Or do they even bother??? I used this link https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ting-documents
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Did you miss out on the reduced threshold of 1125?

Where you have cancelled bookings since March which would have given the necessary TPs to get to 1125 threshold BA are looking at that on a case by case basis. It may be worth you asking BAEC to look at this if it is applicable for you,
I was due to fly BOS-LHR-HKG in F return and then BOS-MIA-SCL return in J.

No response from BA and still massively disappointed at the lack of customer goodwill on this. It would be a doddle to roll memberships until end-2021. The freebies/benefits of Gold really aren't worth that much to BA in the grand scheme of a 20-30 year relationship (especially if one isn't flying)... but this is obviously something that I will certainly remember going forward. Extremely disappointing.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:38 pm

Is BA extending CCR status? My year renews Dec. 8 and I have well over 5K TP's, however I do not have the 4 BA flights required to renew. Wouldn't mind taking a two week vacation in the IE/UK, but would rather not.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Is BA extending CCR status? My year renews Dec. 8 and I have well over 5K TP's, however I do not have the 4 BA flights required to renew. Wouldn't mind taking a two week vacation in the IE/UK, but would rather not.
yes, both ggl and ccr should be extended for you for 1 year regardless of whether you get the TPs and eligible flights in your current membership year. have a look at the thread on extensions here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html
LCSinTexas and Gino Troian like this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 3:54 am

BA Bronze query

Hi, can anyone help with this?

I’ve just attained BA bronze, with my card valid till 31 July 2022. But in my BA app the box that tells you how many points/flights you need for the next tier isn’t giving me the silver requirement.

Instead it’s headlined ‘RETAIN BRONZE’. It says I’ve 250 tier points (correct) with none more needed to retain Bronze & I’ve flown none of the two flights I need to retain bronze (I’ve actually flown 4 BA revenue flights in my membership year, which is acknowledged on the next line down - it says I’ve flown 4 of 18 eligible flights).

Why does it tell me what I need to retain bronze when I already have bronze for this membership year (ending 8 June 2021) and the next?

What I’m interested in is what I need for silver as I should get that in the new year. But have I missed something, meaning silver is not possible?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by goonerflyer
I’ve just attained BA bronze, with my card valid till 31 July 2022. But in my BA app the box that tells you how many points/flights you need for the next tier isn’t giving me the silver requirement.

Instead it’s headlined ‘RETAIN BRONZE’. It says I’ve 250 tier points (correct) with none more needed to retain Bronze & I’ve flown none of the two flights I need to retain bronze (I’ve actually flown 4 BA revenue flights in my membership year, which is acknowledged on the next line down - it says I’ve flown 4 of 18 eligible flights).

Why does it tell me what I need to retain bronze when I already have bronze for this membership year (ending 8 June 2021) and the next?
One possible and common reason for misleading information about this: Because it's the app.

What does the website say?
LCSinTexas and AJA_ like this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
One possible and common reason for misleading information about this: Because it's the app.

What does the website say?

You’ve nailed the problem! The website seems fine as it quotes what I need for silver. Silly app!
Thanks for your help.
Globaliser, LCSinTexas and AJA_ like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just a heads up. The Mid haul routes (DME, CAI and AMM) have been downgraded to SH+ and now earn 80 TP each way according to the calculator. However, AMM still earns 140 TP each way on RJ.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Just a heads up. The Mid haul routes (DME, CAI and AMM) have been downgraded to SH+ and now earn 80 TP each way according to the calculator. However, AMM still earns 140 TP each way on RJ.
They probably thought, now that we have downgraded the planes, we can downgrade the TPs too!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
I understand for DME, since it's just shy of 1600 miles and was always an oddity. But CAI and AMM are both over 2000 miles. I thought that was the threshold for flights to earn 140TPs.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:12 am

Did BA change the qualification requirements during COVĚD? Looking at my account right now and I only have 280 tier points and when I click on the "Progress to the next tier" tab, it says;

Isn't Bronze reached at 300 tier points?... (in addition to those 2 missing eligible flights)

Yes I know, it's just to get Bronze but if I'm this close (I have until May 2021 to do this), why not...?

And what does BA consider eligible flight? Sorry i'm a real noob with BA.... If I book GVA-EDI (and therefore connecting through LHR), does that count as 2 eligible flights? it should right?

Last edited by enelym1978; Oct 28, 2020 at 8:13 am
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Did BA change the qualification requirements during COVĚD? Looking at my account right now and I only have 280 tier points and when I click on the "Progress to the next tier" tab, it says;

Isn't Bronze reached at 300 tier points?... (in addition to those 2 missing eligible flights)

Yes I know, it's just to get Bronze but if I'm this close (I have until May 2021 to do this), why not...?
There is a 25% reduction in the required TPs at the moment, for COVID-related reasons. That's true at all levels (225 for Bronze, 450 for Silver, 1125 for Gold).
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And what does BA consider eligible flight?
All explained at the beginning of this very thread: Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
enelym1978 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.