Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
With regards to the 2-4-1 voucher, how can I track how much spending I have made? I want to know if I'm close to obtaining the certificate.
you can see this on the amex site
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Another thing popped up in my mind. Anyone here know of someone that is a lifetime GGL? 100k Tier Points is a staggering number. The first page said that LT GGL still need to earn enough tier points in a given year to get some benefits. I don't think it specified everything. What is it?
GGLfL will continue to get partner cards, jokers, and CCR card regardless of points earned. GUFs will still be awarded in accordance with normal thresholds.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
GGLfL will continue to get partner cards, jokers, and CCR card regardless of points earned. GUFs will still be awarded in accordance with normal thresholds.
So that's the only difference between a regular GGL and a LT GGL? I'm going to spend some time to read your GUF thread, but just quickly, are GUFs easy to use compared to say AA's SWU, which is harder to use since it's contingent on AA releasing space to upgrade?

Thx bro!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
you can see this on the amex site
I should have been clearer. What about for RBC and Chase members?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:28 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All,

Wonderful thread. I'm new in the UK and plan to sign up to BAEC at the start of 2021. I was reading through this thread and I was a little confused by the membership year vs card end date?

If I sign up on 1 Jan 2021, my understanding is I would have till Dec 31st 2021 to earn status. As an example, if I earned Silver by October 2021, my understanding is that this would last till Dec 31 2022 - or is it longer than this?

Also, as I have yet to sign up - do the reduced tier qualification levels apply for me when I do sign up?

Thank you
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

Wonderful thread. I'm new in the UK and plan to sign up to BAEC at the start of 2021. I was reading through this thread and I was a little confused by the membership year vs card end date?

If I sign up on 1 Jan 2021, my understanding is I would have till Dec 31st 2021 to earn status. As an example, if I earned Silver by October 2021, my understanding is that this would last till Dec 31 2022 - or is it longer than this?

Also, as I have yet to sign up - do the reduced tier qualification levels apply for me when I do sign up?

Thank you
Hi, the dates are by month, from the 9th to the 8th for historical reasons. I think the date which matters is that of your first flight. So if you fly on say the 20th of February, your year would be 9th Feb 21 until 8th Feb 22. If you qualify for Silver in October 21, then you would be Silver for the rest of that year, plus the following one, so until 8th Feb 23 (your card would state 31st March 23, to allow for admin to take its course but let's not overcomplicate things).

For reduced thresholds we've had a few debates as to until when they apply, but it would most likely be the case for all of 2021, yes.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:48 am
HB7

Originally Posted by alex67500
Hi, the dates are by month, from the 9th to the 8th for historical reasons. I think the date which matters is that of your first flight. So if you fly on say the 20th of February, your year would be 9th Feb 21 until 8th Feb 22. If you qualify for Silver in October 21, then you would be Silver for the rest of that year, plus the following one, so until 8th Feb 23 (your card would state 31st March 23, to allow for admin to take its course but let's not overcomplicate things).

For reduced thresholds we've had a few debates as to until when they apply, but it would most likely be the case for all of 2021, yes.
Hi Alex67500, thanks so much for your quick reply. Just to confirm, because I haven't signed up yet and I want to get it right. The date of signing up doesn't actually matter - it is actually the date of your first flight correct?

If I sign up on 1 Jan 2021, and I take a flight on the 15th of Jan 2021, my year would be 9th Jan 2021 till 8th Jan 2022 - is that correct?

I read somewhere previously that your year starts the month after your first flight - I may have been completely wrong possibly? I just want to make sure of this so my year officially kicks off early Jan 2021.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Hi Alex67500, thanks so much for your quick reply. Just to confirm, because I haven't signed up yet and I want to get it right. The date of signing up doesn't actually matter - it is actually the date of your first flight correct?

If I sign up on 1 Jan 2021, and I take a flight on the 15th of Jan 2021, my year would be 9th Jan 2021 till 8th Jan 2022 - is that correct?

I read somewhere previously that your year starts the month after your first flight - I may have been completely wrong possibly? I just want to make sure of this so my year officially kicks off early Jan 2021.
The posts above don't mention the first flight, they mention the sign up date but I'm pretty sure your first ever flight resets that clock. However it seems your year starts at the next 8th of the month, so 8th Feb if you fly mid-Jan.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:13 pm
HB7

The posts above don't mention the first flight, they mention the sign up date but I'm pretty sure your first ever flight resets that clock. However it seems your year starts at the next 8th of the month, so 8th Feb if you fly mid-Jan.
So if I want my year to start on the 8th of January, I should sign up now and complete a flight before the end of December - is that correct?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
So if I want my year to start on the 8th of January, I should sign up now and complete a flight before the end of December - is that correct?
I'm not sure. I remember reading that for your first ever flight it would reset when you take it but I can't confirm sorry.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:27 pm
HB7

I'm not sure. I remember reading that for your first ever flight it would reset when you take it but I can't confirm sorry.
That's ok. Does anyone know the answer to this by any chance?

If I sign up today to BAEC, and take my first BA flight on the 26th of December this year, would my year begin on the 8th of January 2021?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Traditionally the earning year first starts when you first earn tier points.
When does a TP year start for new member?
When does membership actually commence?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28080019-post32.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28080268-post34.html

Over the years a few people have reported that their TP collection year has started when they joined or when they first earned avios (most of these reports are older). For example:
My tier point collection year end date has changed!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25958385-post19.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25962183-post22.html
PETER01, HB7, alex67500 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:21 am
HB7

Thanks for that jerry a. laska, much appreciated.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My 4 BA segment challenge in COVID era.

TPs are not a problem with AA flights but I need my BA segments.
Year ends July so I got screwed missed out on the two year extension this past year. I'm trying to squeeze in 4 segments on a possible LHR February transit.
One option is to arriving from CDG on AF and then connecting 24 hours later on TK. I'd like to see if I can squeeze in 4 BA segments.
I can always fly BA to IST but I'd rather not when TK flies 77W/359s.

Last year I did LHR-GLA-LHR but not sure I can do that this time with the COVID rules.
What about LHR-AMS-LHR same plane turn as AMS is a simple off and on at the gate? Would BA (LHR GA) care about whether or not I can enter NL when I show up with the BP to board?
Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by SFO777
My 4 BA segment challenge in COVID era.

TPs are not a problem with AA flights but I need my BA segments.
Year ends July so I got screwed missed out on the two year extension this past year. I'm trying to squeeze in 4 segments on a possible LHR February transit.
One option is to arriving from CDG on AF and then connecting 24 hours later on TK. I'd like to see if I can squeeze in 4 BA segments.
I can always fly BA to IST but I'd rather not when TK flies 77W/359s.

Last year I did LHR-GLA-LHR but not sure I can do that this time with the COVID rules.
What about LHR-AMS-LHR same plane turn as AMS is a simple off and on at the gate? Would BA (LHR GA) care about whether or not I can enter NL when I show up with the BP to board?
Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks
As you can see from today's news, the UK rules could change a lot by February... compounded by EU rules after 31 Dec 20... and Scotland doing it's own thing.

Other than sticking to an English back-to-back, one possibility to look at is LHR-GIB-LHR in a day - see https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/1...-to-gibraltar/ for an example. Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.