Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
(which is the nearest airport to Trumpton?)
Easy, CGI - Camberwick Green International
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Prospero
Avis
BAEC members are offered competitive rental rates with excellent benefits in most markets such all inclusive insurance and a free additional driver with every rental.

The Avis and British Airways Partnership also features an "Avis Priority Rental Service" at London Heathrow. This exclusively allows Gold card holders to pick up their rental car right outside the Arrivals hall at Terminal 5, instead of catching the shuttle bus to Avis Heathrow. GCHs are issued with a 4 digit security code by Avis via SMS and email which is used to unlock a security box on the wall to release their rental vehicle keys.

BAEC members earn 3 Avios per £1 spent, with a minimum of 500 Avios per rental
Rent with Avis four times or more in one year and collect 1,000 bonus Avios
Collect 250 bonus Avios when you pay for your Avis car rental using your British Airways credit card.
Originally Posted by etiene
Can I just check that the Avis benefits are the same booking through carhire-ba.com or using avis.co.uk and adding the Exec Club number during the booking?
[Bump] Specifically interested in the extra driver benefit - does this attach with use of avis.co.uk if I just add my BAEC number at booking?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by etiene
[Bump] Specifically interested in the extra driver benefit - does this attach with use of avis.co.uk if I just add my BAEC number at booking?
Not sure if it is specific policy, but whenever I have booked through Avis.com I entered the corresponding AWD code for my BAEC status and I have always had the second driver for free:

Gold members – N744400
Silver members – N744300
Bronze members – N284300
Blue members – N744100

The AWD codes were taken from here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...tal-promotion/
etiene likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
What’s the lag usually like between your tier point collection year ending and BA notifying your that you kept gold/silver etc? My collection year ended last week at 2200 points, but my card expiry date is still March 2020, not March 2021. Perhaps I’m being forgetful and that all happens in March.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by drgitlin
What’s the lag usually like between your tier point collection year ending and BA notifying your that you kept gold/silver etc? My collection year ended last week at 2200 points, but my card expiry date is still March 2020, not March 2021. Perhaps I’m being forgetful and that all happens in March.
My collection year finishes on 8th April each year. Last year when I had retained Silver, my Executive Club account shows:

15 Apr 2019 - Renewal Pack for Exec Silver - Dispatched
14 Apr 2019 - Renewal Pack for Exec Silver - Fulfilled
13 Apr 2019 - Renewal Pack for Exec Silver - Pending
I received an email with the subject "Welcome to another year of Silver" on 15th April.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:14 pm

Tier points posted but eligible flights missing

I have a problem with my status adjustment. My miles and tier points for the last flights I needed for Silver status just posted, however I says I only completed 3 out of 4 eligible flight. That’s not the case however, I took 4 Club Europe flights directly booked on BA.com in January and few more on IB and BA in (Premium Economy). Should I be patient and hope I still gets credited or contact BAEC, if so is the “claiming missing a avios/Tier points contact form the right way to do it? Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrtro
I have a problem with my status adjustment. My miles and tier points for the last flights I needed for Silver status just posted, however I says I only completed 3 out of 4 eligible flight. That’s not the case however, I took 4 Club Europe flights directly booked on BA.com in January and few more on IB and BA in (Premium Economy). Should I be patient and hope I still gets credited or contact BAEC, if so is the “claiming missing a avios/Tier points contact form the right way to do it? Thanks for your help!
where are you looking? On the app or on the website? The eligible flight count on the app is often wrong. If it’s correct on the website that should be fine.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: Air France Platinium - TK Elite - BA Gold
Question claim miles after 6 months ?

I realize that a flight between HKG and FRA made on Cathay has not been validated on my British Airways account
It was performed on July 30, 2019
I exceeded the deadline of 6 months
Is there a chance to have a delay or is it not even worth asking?

Thank you
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by franssois69
I realize that a flight between HKG and FRA made on Cathay has not been validated on my British Airways account
It was performed on July 30, 2019
I exceeded the deadline of 6 months
Is there a chance to have a delay or is it not even worth asking?
I'd say you are out of luck but you can always ask on the expectation that the answer will be you exceeded the 6 month time limit so no.

Did you have your Exec Club number printed on the Boarding Pass and do you still have it to be able to send in as proof of travelling? Also what class were you travelling in? The cheapest economy ticket (K,L,M,N,Q,S,V) will only earn you 20TP and 1,424 Avios which isn't the end of the world if you don't get anywhere. On the other hand a Business Class ticket (J,C,D,I) would earn 140TP and 7,121 Avios which is not to be sneezed at, likewise a First Class ticket (F or A) would earn 210TP and 8,546 Avios.

Edit: Welcome to FT by the way. I see your post was your second on here.

Last edited by AJA_; Feb 23, 2020 at 7:13 am Reason: welcome to FT
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: Air France Platinium - TK Elite - BA Gold
Edit: Welcome to FT by the way. I see your post was your second on here[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

Thank you AJA_

It was an economy flight so indeed few regrets.
I will be careful for the next flights.

Thank you for the welcome ..
This forum is a real gold mine

Fly safe
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:54 am

Does Oneworld Sapphire status make you eligible for upgraded seats on British Airways?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pjmk1234
Does Oneworld Sapphire status make you eligible for upgraded seats on British Airways?
there isn’t any such thing on ba. BA tend to upgrade if cabins are oversold and they need to, and even then it isn’t on a strict status basis. They don’t just upgrade because you have a certain status level.

EDIT: just to add, if you meant can you select exit row seats then yes you can on short haul, but on long haul you would need to be OWE to do so.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pjmk1234
The main "upgrade" is the ability to choose seats at booking without a fee. As Karfa points out this includes exit rows on short haul. The algorithm for upgrades is a deep secret but it is thought to be weighted towards exposing you to the temptation to pay more in future.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Hi all, a silly question on soft landing and upgrade afterwards.

My membership year for earning would end in 8 Jun, and with not enough flying due to a new born and the Coronavirus, it is likely that I’d be ending with Bronze in July. If I get to requalify Silver, say buy end-2020, how long would the new Silver status last? To end-2021 or just Jun 2021? Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by SLGO
Hi all, a silly question on soft landing and upgrade afterwards.

My membership year for earning would end in 8 Jun, and with not enough flying due to a new born and the Coronavirus, it is likely that I’d be ending with Bronze in July. If I get to requalify Silver, say buy end-2020, how long would the new Silver status last? To end-2021 or just Jun 2021? Thanks for the help!
If you qualify for silver during your 2020/21 collection year, your silver status will be valid for the remainder of the 2020/21 status year plus the whole of the 2021/22 status year. So in your situation, that would be until the end of July 2022.

Remember you can also apply for an extension of your Silver status because of your newborn.
IMH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.