Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Earning Avios through Richer Sounds

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this one? In October I bought a TV through Richer Sounds and although my BAEC flagged that my visit had been tracked, it never showed that points were pending. I waited 6 weeks and submitted a missing Avios claim and have had 2 emails from BA since saying they are looking at it. Now the query I have is that because I live in Northern Ireland,the Richer Sounds website redirected me to their. .ie website as the TV was to be delivered from Dublin. I suspect this may end up preventing me getting the Avios...just wondering
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Can I just check that the Avis benefits are the same booking through carhire-ba.com or using avis.co.uk and adding the Exec Club number during the booking?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I think you have to use the AWD corresponding to your BA status to get the benefits, but I may be wrong.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:58 am

Hiya,

If the year ends on March 8 2020 and card is valid until end of April does this mean that if you are Blue/Bronze and earn 600 tier points between March 9 and end of April, are you silver until 2022 or 2021?

I ask this because if a GGL gifts a Gold/Silver card, the GGL team take the card expiry as the year expiry and not the tier point collection cutoff so if you upgrade someone between March 9 and end of April then they are only given status for 1 year whereas if you update them on May 1 they have 2 years of status. Not sure why GGL has this anomaly.

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Hiya,

If the year ends on March 8 2020 and card is valid until end of April does this mean that if you are Blue/Bronze and earn 600 tier points between March 9 and end of April, are you silver until 2022 or 2021?
You would be silver until 30 Apirl 2022 - so rest of current membership year (until 8 March 2021) + one full membership year (until 8 March 2022) + card expires at end of first full month after (so up to 30 April 2022)

I ask this because if a GGL gifts a Gold/Silver card, the GGL team take the card expiry as the year expiry and not the tier point collection cutoff so if you upgrade someone between March 9 and end of April then they are only given status for 1 year whereas if you update them on May 1 they have 2 years of status. Not sure why GGL has this anomaly.

Thanks
I would highly recommend you do not nominate anyone between end of membership year and card expiry. You used to be able to call to correct the issue you describe, but there were a lot of posts last year saying the GGl team were no longer doing that anymore.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I would highly recommend you do not nominate anyone between end of membership year and card expiry. You used to be able to call to correct the issue you describe, but there were a lot of posts last year saying the GGl team were no longer doing that anymore.
Yers very annoying. Cant see why GGL and the 'normal' exec club have differing definitions of membership year, leads to great confusion, frustration and bitterness....lol
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Prospero ,

there's one sentence in the guide (post #5 ), which would need to be polished a bit. Forgot to write it, when I said about S7.

"Where the partner in this case means a non-oneworld member e.g. Meridian, some flyBe flights. You earn as per a BA flight." ---> "Where the partner in this case means a non-oneworld partner, e.g. Aer Lingus, you earn as per a BA flight."

Any example will work (e.g. PG or UK), but not Meridiana and certainly not Meridian. Plus polished a bit the structure.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
So, based on my math for an upcoming trip, I should earn 660 TPs: YYZ-LHR-HEL, HEL-LHR, LHR-WAW, and WAW-LHR-YYZ. YYZ-LHR and LHR-YYZ in F, others in CE obviously. This should also count as six flights (I assume: even through only transiting LHR twice, YYZ-LHR-HEL counts as two flights). I should hit Bronze once I fly HEL-LHR, and with my LHR-WAW three days later, would I earn Avios at the new Bronze rate for LHR-WAW and then WAW-LHR-YYZ. This flying is in August-September, and my year-end date is in early July, so I assume upon returning to YYZ I become Silver immediately, and for July 2021-July 2022.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

Excited to have got my RBC BA Visa card...so earning TONS of Avios in 2020!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:39 pm

(accidentally posted twice; deleted)
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by JTXC
So, based on my math for an upcoming trip, I should earn 660 TPs: YYZ-LHR-HEL, HEL-LHR, LHR-WAW, and WAW-LHR-YYZ. YYZ-LHR and LHR-YYZ in F, others in CE obviously. This should also count as six flights (I assume: even through only transiting LHR twice, YYZ-LHR-HEL counts as two flights). I should hit Bronze once I fly HEL-LHR, and with my LHR-WAW three days later, would I earn Avios at the new Bronze rate for LHR-WAW and then WAW-LHR-YYZ. This flying is in August-September, and my year-end date is in early July, so I assume upon returning to YYZ I become Silver immediately, and for July 2021-July 2022.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

Excited to have got my RBC BA Visa card...so earning TONS of Avios in 2020!
2 F segments, 420
2 HEL segments, 160
2 WAW segments, 80
So yes, your maths add up

Re flights, yes, segments count so you will earn 6 and you are also correct regarding when you will go up levels. It does take a couple of days (sometimes a little more) for status changes to go through BA's IT, so it's only 3 days between landing in WAW and coming back, it may or may not show up.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver Card
Got back from CGK on Friday (LHR-DOH-CGK-DOH-LHR) and noticed the TPs and Avios for three of the four sectors have been posted to my account. The only one that hasn't posted is for the DOH-CGK sector, which coincidentally was the connection that I missed because of a delayed LHR-DOH (BA123) and had to have rebooked (onto a later flight on the same day).
I've just gotten off the phone with BAEC (using the phone number shown when logging into Exec Club) who have raised it with the necessary team and will get the missing points added.

Interested to know if this is common when there's a missed connection or other operational change to the itinerary?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by alex67500
2 F segments, 420
2 HEL segments, 160
2 WAW segments, 80
So yes, your maths add up

Re flights, yes, segments count so you will earn 6 and you are also correct regarding when you will go up levels. It does take a couple of days (sometimes a little more) for status changes to go through BA's IT, so it's only 3 days between landing in WAW and coming back, it may or may not show up.
Thanks for that!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. If I book IHG hotels through the BA Shopping Portal - and if I am logged in as a member - do I get Avios, Reward Points, or both? I do not wish to be greedy, but I just would like to know.

Many Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. If I book IHG hotels through the BA Shopping Portal - and if I am logged in as a member - do I get Avios, Reward Points, or both? I do not wish to be greedy, but I just would like to know.

Many Thanks
I have done this a few times and got both Avios and ihg points awarded (obviously after the stay was completed).

I went even further and booked/paid for it with an ihg credit card and got even more ihg points. Probably the same with extra Avios if using a BA credit card.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
I have done this a few times and got both Avios and ihg points awarded (obviously after the stay was completed).

I went even further and booked/paid for it with an ihg credit card and got even more ihg points. Probably the same with extra Avios if using a BA credit card.
Thank you for that. Isn't this place wonderful? You can get an answer in the time it takes to set the lunch table.

(which is the nearest airport to Trumpton?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.