G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
To help with comparisons, here is the existing Pinnacle seat (flipped 180 degrees to make it easier to relate). The thing to compare is the width of the bright yellow with the main back of dark blue. (i.e. ignore the table on the back).

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:51 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
If the reduction in seat back width has a corresponding decrease for the area you put your posterior on, then ouch!

That looks absolutely savage, so whilst the newness of the seat will possibly mean it's not so uncomfortable to start initially with less compressed padding, very soon that looks like it'll become very, very uncomfortable.
florens and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To help with comparisons, here is the existing Pinnacle seat (flipped 180 degrees to make it easier to relate). The thing to compare is the width of the bright yellow with the main back of dark blue. (i.e. ignore the table on the back).

so the magazines are now going back to their original position meaning less legroom. And those short arm rests are awful. They are the same as those on IB. we defintely going to be traveling in worse conditions...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
Originally Posted by chongcao
  • 2, do not expect free water any more as the crew are unlikely to finish the service for those added capacity and they have to run up and down few times more to give you free tap water
FYI: It is a legal requirement for them to serve (free) water, so that cant go.. of course, whether in reality it's easy to get hold of is another q.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 2, 2018 at 8:23 am Reason: Fix quote
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
i didn’t notice the pitch as I won the sprint across the apron to get an exit row. It was the experience I was referring to, which is why I now understand the expression cattle class. Held in a non air conditioned gate at ALC in 30 degrees Celsius even though aircraft still hadn’t arrived. The sprint to get the best seats, with the disabled passengers at the front of the gate literally being pushed out of the way, the constant sell on board and finally those stupid on time arrivals horns even though we were 15 mins late. I pointed out the late arrival to which the cabin crew replied that anything under 20 mins was considered in time. I asked whether the same principle would be applied if I arrived 15 mins after check in had closed.
A certain whiff of BS here as Ryanair or Easyjet have both had allocated seating for a number of years...
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
A certain whiff of BS here as Ryanair or Easyjet have both had allocated seating for a number of years...
Why BS? There was no mention of when the event happened, clearly before FR introduced allocated seating.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why BS? There was no mention of when the event happened, clearly before FR introduced allocated seating.
True, but if the poster is relying on memories of what happened 4 years ago it isn't exactly relevant now is it. 4 years ago you would have got free food/drink, allocated seating and 32 inch pitch (if not more) compared to a Ryanair free for all. Now Ryanair seat pitch of 30 inch looks attractive and both airlines have BOB and allocated seating.

Shame about the trumpet though. Maybe BA could have a violin.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic

Many companies, including BA, otherwise they would not continuously pay to measure exactly that nor worry about it when it declines as sharply as it has for BA of late. It’s not as though the BA NPS studies discussed on this forum in recent months had been either requested, brought about, or conducted by students.
They have not been brought forward, requested or AFAIK paid for by BA.

Do you or any of the others so obsessed with these surveys have any evidence to support that BA are remotely interested in them?

For all you know BA anticipated such a fall and it is incorporated in its business plan.

I am afraid my view of promoter surveys and many other customer surveys is that they are simply crap. If this nonsense has any influence on your business, you have limited grasp of your business and probably won’t have a business much longer.

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FrancisA
They have not been brought forward, requested or AFAIK paid for by BA.
Do you or any of the others so obsessed with these surveys have any evidence to support that BA are remotely interested in them

Every survey I have completed for BA - and there have been quite a few - have included the net promoter score question. I'm incidentally not really sure where you get my 'obsession' from. With due respect, I find that reference rather gratuitous.

You are perfectly entitled to believe that 'customers surveys [...] are simply crap'. The point several of us have made is simply that your perception is not shared by BA, which, according to your prediction, won't have a business much longer. This is why they keep running those surveys including the NPS question regardless of its worth, and I think they might still have a business for quite a few years to come.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jan 2, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by williamdowell
FYI: It is a legal requirement for them to serve (free) water, so that cant go.. of course, whether in reality it's easy to get hold of is another q.
They will continue to provide free water, but I believe there have been a number of comments about the quality of the water.

'Drinking water', and 'water' are two very different things on BA.

M
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Some

Do you or any of the others so obsessed with these surveys have any evidence to support that BA are remotely interested in them?

I wouldn't say I, or any of the posters above really, are obsessed with NPS. However, with regards to your (IMO) rather unnecessarily dismissive question, please see the most recent IAG Annual Report, in which you will find the following quote:

"Customer satisfaction is an important lead indicator of the Group financial performance. The customer measure “Net Promoter Score” (NPS) will be added as a non-financial performance indicator in 2017. This measure will be used in the Group’s 2017 incentive plan."

For reference, NPS therefore has a 8.33% weighting as part of Willie Walsh's bonus calculation for 2017, so I'm pretty sure he is at the very least 'remotely interested' in where NPS is currently coming out.
orbitmic, rossmacd, Oaxaca and 1 others like this.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Jan 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
By the way, I just pulled this from Recaro's Website.
I would assume that their position is naturally biased, but they claim not to have sacrificed passenger comfort!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:41 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Many, many companies of all sizes are interested in NPS. It is a well-established, consistent measure that helps companies understand - with the underlying data - whether or not they’re relating to the customers they need to retain to grow their business.

I would be absolutely astonished if a company such as BA wasn’t interested.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:41 am

You don't read BA's investor communications then.

I suppose next you will start beating your other drum and saying only those who pay for their own tickets should have a view.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
They will continue to provide free water, but I believe there have been a number of comments about the quality of the water.

'Drinking water', and 'water' are two very different things on BA.

M
I not sure what your point is here, by law the water served must be safe to drink. At the end of the day, water is water and if a passenger isn’t happy with the ‘quality’ of the free water they can take their own on board with them.

ahmetdouas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.