G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I not sure what your point is here, by law the water served must be safe to drink. At the end of the day, water is water and if a passenger isn’t happy with the ‘quality’ of the free water they can take their own on board with them.
It was in reference to a post, which in turn, seemed to be referring to the issues with trolleys in the aisles.

M
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
By the way, I just pulled this from Recaro's Website.
I would assume that their position is naturally biased, but they claim not to have sacrificed passenger comfort!
If I was selling seats, I would claim the same...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:57 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
By the way, I just pulled this from Recaro's Website.
I would assume that their position is naturally biased, but they claim not to have sacrificed passenger comfort!
I can relate the lighter foam to running shoes, which manufacturers are also trying to make lighter and cheaper to produce.

One way of doing that is to use a greater percentage of blown foam compared to traditional EVA. The downside is that this compresses quicker, in spite of what all the manufacturers say, so shoes wear out much quicker.

I’m not an expert on seat design, but every aspect of this description points towards a very similar end result in terms of longevity and comfort.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Less seat pitch and lower recline! That's the main issue I feel, I like reclining my seat! And i don't get why there is no map, is it such a financial issue to have them?
I see the fixed back as a benefit. Allows me to use my laptop or hook my phone on the seat back.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
They will continue to provide free water, but I believe there have been a number of comments about the quality of the water.

'Drinking water', and 'water' are two very different things on BA.

M
Indeed. The other comment - more specifically about this trip - was that there will be no drinkable water in the rear galley, so if BA insists on using the water tank rather than investing in large bottles of free filtered or mineral water, potable water would need to be taken from the tank in the front galley after both ET and CE services have ended. In other words, some could be excused to think the idea might be to make getting 'free water' such an unwelcome and uneasy pain in the back that customers might just give up and 'prefer' to pay for a bottle instead.
happeemonkee and fransknorge like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Here we go, 2 days into the new year and already some bad news, yet not unexpected.

The only enhancement improvement I see is the USB power. I assume it'll be free, but you never know...

Last edited by florens; Jan 2, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Here we go, 2 days into the new year and already some bad news, yet not unexpected.

The only enhancement I see is the USB power. I assume it'll be free, but you never know...
May I respectfully observe that, in the context of BA, you are misusing the term “enhancement”.
choosethedrew, wrp96 and florens like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by kanderson1965

May I respectfully observe that, in the context of BA, you are misusing the term “enhancement”.
Indeed. Duly noted and edited in the original post.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird92A
​​​​Only BA could use the introduction of a new aircraft type as a step to hasten their race to the bottom...
Just about puts it in a nutshell. ^

I very rarely recline, but I definitely see the new seating as another deterioration in BA. Who in their right mind would want to sit on those seats for over 2 and a half hours? Additionally, the indication that they have no intention of reintroducing any complimentary drinks, has convinced me to let my BAEC status lapse. Quite simply other airlines provide a much more hospitable product and that's where I'll go.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I suppose I am lucky that my experience with the BA shorthaul product is limited to domestics from MAN (and LBA when BA can be bothered to run them). Because of this, I will spend less time on BA’s 29” minimal padding seats than I do on my daily commute with 26” seat pitch seats with less than 1” of foam padding at times. At least I can guarantee an UD seat though.

I pity anyone with a flight longer than 1hour to suffer these new seats, looking at them.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:16 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I remember a broadly similar discussion around seats when the current SH cabin was being rolled out. Now I'm certainly not an expert (thankfully, as they're rather out of favour these days) but my arse has spent enough time in an aircraft seat for me to have a certain amount of intuition around how much comfort might be expected. The current cabin was rolled out, I thought it didn't look particularly comfortable and thusly was this suspicion confirmed following evaluation.

I'm getting much the same suspicion with these new seats - for all the talk of "innovative netting" this is a straight forward compromise of weight saving and reduction in the amount of space that each seat occupies in order to facilitate greater cabin densification, which inevitably will result in reduced passenger comfort. As someone said upthread, if they were that great they'd be used in the whole cabin. BA isn't prepared to risk them in its already spartan CE cabin, and that tells its own story.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by FrancisA

Apart from MBA and business studies students, who cares?
Investors...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
I've learnt that my comfort limit on the current seats is 2hrs (gate-to-gate) before I start to feel very uncomfortable. Given that in the photo the new one looks about half as thick, I need to start researching which flights are max. 1hr in length!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Alex Cruz for one: his bonus is tied to BA’s NPS (because major shareholders have made their concerns about BA’s plummeting NPS quite clear to IAG).
I always vote 6 as the likelihood of recommending them to friends or family. This is considered a negative response. I don't really know why.
Originally Posted by williamdowell
FYI: It is a legal requirement for them to serve (free) water, so that cant go.. of course, whether in reality it's easy to get hold of is another q.
Are you sure? I know it's a legal requirement for licensed premises to supply free drinking water to customers, but (1) that is qualified by "where practical", (2) planes don't operate under an alcohol licence, and (3) it's unclear if someone is a "customer" of the trolley if not buying anything else.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
All short haul services will now have a CE section (happy to be corrected if wrong) so it’s a bit disappointing not seeing plans for a 2-2 seating arrangement towards the front similar to US domestic. The middle seat seat is now pretty much redundant in the first 10 (or 12) rows acting as a stand for the CE seat tray.

I used to quite like the old BA seating with the adjustable arm rest that allowed an increased seat width.

Either of the above would be a welcome addition particularly on the longer short haul routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.