G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Just flew on the new A321's of Swiss with the super-slim seating (220 seats). Are these the seats that BA will be fitting? I doubt they can get any thinner than this! The legroom was decent, but there really was no padding! I was lucky to have all 3 seats free so I just slept, but if i had to sit upright without any recline, it would be quite uncomfortable!

By the way, these seats of Swiss actually do recline quite a bit and make it feel much better. Can BA not make them recline?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Apparently, the seat pitch of Swiss SH Y is 31'' which is not going to be the case on BA which will have a compact and bijou 29''. I am told that 2'' can make a lot of difference.
orbitmic and bhbloke like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Worcester
Apparently, the seat pitch of Swiss SH Y is 31'' which is not going to be the case on BA which will have a compact and bijou 29''.
I believe the BA-approved word is 'efficient'.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Apparently, the seat pitch of Swiss SH Y is 31'' which is not going to be the case on BA which will have a compact and bijou 29''. I am told that 2'' can make a lot of difference.
I don't believe the LX A321s have a pitch of 31". I sat once in one of those (HB-IOO) and it looked like this (I'm 187cm tall):

Not a nice experience. At all.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My grandma - who was a mere whisker above 5 foot high, always used to say that "it is in the smallest boxes that you put the prettiest jewels". Maybe that should be the new ad campaign for BA when the new NEO seating is introduced?
Worcester likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Any new news on this?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
LH group is generally 30" except on NEOs where it's 32" at the front.The seats are OK for a couple of hours.

Both better than 29".
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Seems obvious. The days where you'd be able to milk customers for using Wifi are long gone. I can't think of an hotel I've stayed at in the past 8 to 10 years that still charged for Wifi. Some offered premium packages (for more devices/speed), but basic access with decent speed was always free. Same goes for hotels and some cities that operate their own networks.
Marriot comes to mind.. They still dare to charge for in-room wifi in a lot of countries.. (However you can evade the charge if you become a member and stay with them now and then)
aidy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JasperT
Marriot comes to mind.. They still dare to charge for in-room wifi in a lot of countries.. (However you can evade the charge if you become a member and stay with them now and then)
Indeed, and if you read the terms and conditions, the concession for Gold and Silver Elite members is only supposed to apply if you have booked with them direct. Having said that, I stayed in the Marriott in Munich recently, having booked through BA Holidays and they did waive the charge. Still an unnecessary phone call, IMO.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
LH group is generally 30" except on NEOs where it's 32" at the front.The seats are OK for a couple of hours.

Both better than 29".
Ryanair are actually increasing their pitch on the 737 Maxs, It will now be 31'' compared to BAs 29''.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Can I give the common reminder that seating pitch isn't a very good comparable value because it is just basically the space allocated to a given row, including the seat itself, so the width/depth and shape of the seat is critical.

i.e. you really need to compare the distance between the base of the seat back (where your lower back/bum would be) and the back of the seat in front (where your knees would touch) - unfortunately this distance is rarely available, though some of the very keen travel bloggers/reviewers get their tape measures out!!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by florens
I don't believe the LX A321s have a pitch of 31". I sat once in one of those (HB-IOO) and it looked like this (I'm 187cm tall):

Not a nice experience. At all.
It felt like 31 inches to me! I flew on both the new A321, their A320 and their brand new Bombardier CS300. I also liked the 2 seat access of the Bombardier CS300 on the left hand side of the row. The legroom on all flights was better than BA Club which is 30 inch, so it must be 31. It felt nice and generous. I don't think I would be able to tolerate 29 inches for very long.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
It felt like 31 inches to me! I flew on both the new A321, their A320 and their brand new Bombardier CS300. I also liked the 2 seat access of the Bombardier CS300 on the left hand side of the row. The legroom on all flights was better than BA Club which is 30 inch, so it must be 31. It felt nice and generous. I don't think I would be able to tolerate 29 inches for very long.
It definitely is not better than BA Club.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:01 am

At the FITUR travel fair in Madrid it has been revealed that Iberia's NEOs will have the same seats, albeit the Pinnacles seats only in the first 6 rows.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I guess we know where the old pinnacle seats from the back of the A320/321s are going now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.